The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 31: DAGENHAM DAVE

How do you rate Dagenham Dave?

• Total voters
Houdini, might it not be more fun not to reveal any of the scores till the very end?

Last edited:
coming from essex means i have to give this a ten! seriously though - "i love karen, i love sharon on the window screen" is genius. It just makes me think of all the boy racers in colchester.

But now everybody will pretty much know the final order with about 25-30% of the list to go.

Not really, as there are some great songs near the end of the list, but you have a valid point there. My idea was to update the chart after every 10 days, but maybe it's a good idea to stop updating once we reach Song 100, when we've still got more than half of the songs to go.

It's very underrated IMO, a catchy song which tells a good story, though the video really is required to understand it!

It's very underrated IMO, a catchy song which tells a good story, though the video really is required to understand it!

Agreed. Southpaw Grammar as a whole is also very underrated. If anyone wonders who gives the songs from that album abnormal (in their view) high points, it's probably me...:D

The best that can be said for this song is that I don't hate it as much as I used to... which means it's risen to the lofty heights of a 6. Why on earth Moz chose to re-use a Stranglers song title is beyond me, and the somewhat amusing lyrics in the verses are ruined by the repetitive, simply awful chorus.

Back
Top Bottom