The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 273: STAIRCASE AT THE UNIVERSITY

How do you rate Staircase at the University?

• Total voters
9. A couple minor lyrical shortfalls aside, the 2nd best song on the album behind "Istanbul". I'm astounded that it hasn't been played live on this tour, while "Kick the Bride" get a nightly airing.

9. A couple minor lyrical shortfalls aside, the 2nd best song on the album behind "Istanbul". I'm astounded that it hasn't been played live on this tour, while "Kick the Bride" get a nightly airing.

So much this!

i really like kick the bride and i bet that funeral march crash hits well live. what else hasnt been played yet off of world peace? has he played smiler?

The song finally made its live debut, and the fans in Florence seemed to eat it up:

No more "backing musician" snipes -- Gustavo (not to mention Boz) prove themselves fantastically here. Gustavo nails the flamenco outro live, too!

Last edited by a moderator:
The song finally made its live debut, and the fans in Florence seemed to eat it up:

No more "backing musician" snipes -- Gustavo (not to mention Boz) prove themselves fantastically here. Gustavo nails the flamenco outro live, too!

When they tried it three times at the soundcheck once instrumental and twice with vocals, I started to have the feeling the live debut was close..thanks for making your fans in Florence happy!!

When I saw Gustavo walk out from behind the keyboard and grab that guitar I had the biggest smile on my face. Thanks for sharing!

Here's my own dubbed version the Florence performance. Combines good audio with good video:

shit Charlie, is it perfect? no, of course not, but to knock it down that far seems a bit drastic, I'm glad you are not my teacher* :eek::p

*=I use to be highly critical, but teaching young kids has softened me somewhat I suppose, I find a little harshness mixed with a lot of sweetness goes a lot further, well, at least for me...

I'm just ranking on my enjoyment of it, it's not a score critiquing Morrissey's writing.

Amazing song. Really really amazing, certainly my favorite song of World Peace Is None of Your Business. And Moz chose to play it for the first time in my venue, Florence.

Call it sign of destiny!

Back
Top Bottom