The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 27: CERTAIN PEOPLE I KNOW

How do you rate Certain People I Know?

• Total voters

Houdini

While we wait for the new album to arrive, let us go about rating the songs we know, on a daily basis, and compile our own Morrissey/Smiths Top 100.
And instead of chronologically, let's do them alphabetically.

Song for Today: CERTAIN PEOPLE I KNOW

Voting should be something along these lines:
10: Classic
9: Near classic, f***ing brilliant anyway
8: Really good Moz/Smiths song
7: Good Moz/Smiths song
6: Decent, OK, Nothing special
5: Uninspired
4: Poor
3: Bad
2: Should never have been released
1: He/They should be ashamed

The songs we've done so far (voting will remain open, click to vote):

Part 1: A Rush And A Push And The Land Is Ours
Part 2: A Song From Under The Floorboards
Part 3: A Swallow On My Neck
Part 4: Accept Yourself
Part 5: All The Lazy Dykes
Part 6: Alma Matters
Part 7: Alsatian Cousin
Part 8: Ambitious Outsiders
Part 9: America Is Not The World
Part 10: Ammunition
Part 11: Angel, Angel, Down We Go Together
Part 12: Asian Rut
Part 13: Ask
Part 14: Asleep
Part 15: At Amber
Part 16: At Last I Am Born
Part 17: Back To The Old House
Part 18: Barbarism Begins At Home
Part 19: Bengali In Platforms
Part 20: Best Friend On The Payroll
Part 21: Bigmouth Strikes Again
Part 22: Billy Budd
Part 23: Black-Eyed Susan
Part 24: Boxers
Part 25: Break Up The Family
Part 26: Cemetry Gates

To save time, from now on I will only update the chart after every 10 songs, so once there is a top 30, 40, 50 etc.

8. Brilliant musically, but lyrically it is a little disappointing.

Eclectic, but catchy in a handsome way.

It's lovely. 8 :) Despite being almost completely lifted from "Ride A White Swan"...

Do we know who keeps giving 1's to all of the songs? Cuz that is getting real old...

It's Hacopian, Kumo, MickCable..
They won't speak out about it....
If they did it to all the songs it wouldn't matter, but they only do it to some of the Moz-songs (well, most of them). Apparantly 2 of them are the same person, so we won't count one of the 1's when making up the rating.

If they did it to all the songs it wouldn't matter, but they only do it to some of the Moz-songs (well, most of them). Apparantly 2 of them are the same person, so we won't count one of the 1's when making up the rating.

That's about what I thought.

It's not really a great song by any definition, yet there's something very endearing about it.... 8 seems about right.

Actually all three are same person. :o
These three votes are void.

Actually all three are same person. :o
These three votes are void.

None of them are me... Period. Mick Cable is my girlfriend... and isn't very active at all. Calling me that filthy troll Hacopian is pure libel. Get over yourself Kewpie... Just because you don't like my politics doesn't mean you have the right to spread libelous hate.

Kumo

None of them are me... Period. Mick Cable is my girlfriend... and isn't very active at all. Calling me that filthy troll Hacopian is pure libel. Get over yourself Kewpie... Just because you don't like my politics doesn't mean you have the right to spread libelous hate.

Kumo

What kind of politics is it? Activating your gf into this ridiculous campaign? Giving 1's and never explaining? You must hate the man and not be his fan, 'cause it's very definite to give the lowest mark, and not, say, 3 or 4. I respect your opinion, but in this poll case it borders to the absurd.

What kind of politics is it? Activating your gf into this ridiculous campaign? Giving 1's and never explaining? You must hate the man and not be his fan, 'cause it's very definite to give the lowest mark, and not, say, 3 or 4. I respect your opinion, but in this poll case it borders to the absurd.

Just do a search for Kumo and you will see my posts on politics. They have been discussed to death.

I didn't know I was required to explain my votes to vote? I don't hate the man, I am a huge fan I have giving most of the Smiths songs very high scores and some of his solo songs some very high ratings too. But so far most of the solo songs that have been up for vote have not been very good ones in my book, Certain people i know is mindless rockabilly bullshit and I give it a 1.

I think my girlfriend has given all his solo songs 1, she is a Smiths fan and describes his solo shows as if Moz went to a Smiths karaoke night. I am not as hash on his solo stuff as she is, there are a lot of solo songs I would give a 10, they just haven't come up yet...

I have a right to my vote as much as anyone else... If to stack the poll with just moz lemmings and discount votes you don't like what is the point of the poll at all? Really it's stupid.

Kumo

Now Kumo brought another one called Tom Riddle.
Saga will continue...:rolleyes:

paranoia paranoia la la la la ...
Get a clue... I have never attacked you personally, and never will. I don't know why you choose this childish path, I am sad for you, I really am...

Kumo

Just do a search for Kumo and you will see my posts on politics. They have been discussed to death.

I didn't know I was required to explain my votes to vote? I don't hate the man, I am a huge fan I have giving most of the Smiths songs very high scores and some of his solo songs some very high ratings too. But so far most of the solo songs that have been up for vote have not been very good ones in my book, Certain people i know is mindless rockabilly bullshit and I give it a 1.

I think my girlfriend has given all his solo songs 1, she is a Smiths fan and describes his solo shows as if Moz went to a Smiths karaoke night. I am not as hash on his solo stuff as she is, there are a lot of solo songs I would give a 10, they just haven't come up yet...

I have a right to my vote as much as anyone else... If to stack the poll with just moz lemmings and discount votes you don't like what is the point of the poll at all? Really it's stupid.

Kumo

You do have a right to a vote, and yes your gf might have the same view or opinion as you, you can click on any number and see how everyone has voted, I actually have been surprised at the number of "10" votes for several songs that I don't rate but like you say everyone has their own view. You say that discounting votes is fixing a poll, well making other user names is also fixing a poll,
Getting on to multiple user names, well other people have them, Like you say there are a few people who are gf/bf who share a comp so on so maybe Mick is your gf.. however it just looks funny when all the votes are the same exactly and we can see the ips so its funny when 3 people pop on and off same ip same views and same votes.

Thats all, rant over.

i love this song so much. i cant help but dance and smile when i hear it and i think the lyrics are...i dont know...cute :p

Back
Top Bottom