The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 26: CEMETRY GATES

How do you rate Cemetry Gates?

• Total voters
9++++

A good song on a very good album.

mmm.... Interesting how all the songs at the top of the list are smiths songs

How is it offensive to pretend to be a fictional character? Actors do it all the time...

It is offensive to some religious people who feel their lord is being blasphemed. To many people, Jesus was just a carpenter. I personally am not offended but I can see how someone would be. That being said, if someone wants to use Jesus Christ as a name they should be able to. What is really lame is when they start acting as if they are that person. Impersonating others is against the Terms of Service.

My FAVORITE Smiths song-OF-ALL-TIME-HANDS-DOWN!!!! You've inspired me, I'm going to go listen to it. :)

A fabulous ditty which taught me that it's okay to misspell words, as long as you do it artistically. Lovely music from Johnny and the greatest of lyrics. And, of course, I can never resist a song set in a cemetery. Another easy 10.

Pretending you are Jesus Christ is neither funny or clever; it is offensive. More offensive than Lesley-Anne username even.

Pretending to be Jesus is always funny! I laughed out loud to a bumper sticker that said, "Honk If You Are Jesus" the other day. After all, Jesus is just a fictional character, so it's no more offensive than pretending to be Superman or Dorian Gray. :rolleyes:

It is offensive to some religious people who feel their lord is being blasphemed. To many people, Jesus was just a carpenter. I personally am not offended but I can see how someone would be. That being said, if someone wants to use Jesus Christ as a name they should be able to. What is really lame is when they start acting as if they are that person. Impersonating others is against the Terms of Service.

Oh boy... that's too funny! You're accusing username "Jesus" of acting like Jesus. And Jesus is just a fictional character. "Impersonating Jesus is against the terms of service." Oh, that's too much...

Here's my contribution:
"I Am Mithra!!! I Was Jesus Before Jesus Was Jesus!!!" :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom