The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 250: HONEY, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME

How do you rate Honey, You Know Where To Find Me?

• Total voters

Houdini

In 2007, and early 2008, we put up polls for all 234 then released Morrissey and The Smiths-songs. More than 25,000 votes were cast and the result was The Morrissey/Smiths Top 100, or indeed, The Morrissey/The Smiths Top 234. This year many people have asked me to continue with the polls as 18 new Morrissey-songs have been released since. With the release of 'Swords' now seems as good a time as any to start them.

Now that we've done all the new songs from 2009, it's time to move on to the older songs that were released this year.

Song 250: HONEY, YOU KNOW WHERE TO FIND ME

Voting should be something along these lines:
10: Perfection
9: Near perfect, brilliant
8: Really good Moz/Smiths song
7: Good Moz/Smiths song
6: OK, Nothing special
5: Uninspired
4: Poor
3: Bad
2: Should never have been released
1: He should be ashamed

Previous polls (voting will remain open):

Part 249: I'm OK By Myself
Part 248: Sorry Doesn't Help
Part 247: You Were Good In Your Time
Part 246: It's Not Your Birthday Anymore
Part 245: One Day Goodbye Will Be Farewell
Part 244: When Last I Spoke To Carol
Part 243: Black Cloud
Part 242: Mama Lay Softly On The Riverbed
Part 241: Something Is Squeezing My Skull
Part 240: Because Of My Poor Education
Part 239: Shame Is The Name
Part 238: I'm Throwing My Arms Around Paris
Part 237: My Dearest Love
Part 236: Drive-In Saturday
Part 235: Children In Pieces
Part 234: That's How People Grow Up
Part 233: All You Need Is Me
Part 232 and previous

Last edited by a moderator:
LOVE at first listen with this song, it never fails to cheer me up and became an immediate favorite. I couldn't say a thing about musical quality or whatever because I don't really KNOW, but just because of the effect it has on me, well, automatic 10!

I actually kind of liked the demo with vocals we had earlier more than this released version .. it feels a bit more plodding or something than the demo did .. although they're not all that different in production.

I gave it a 6 .. i like the song, i like its message and it sums up how im sure i lot of us have felt before, its quaint and all, but nothing special.

LOVE at first listen with this song, it never fails to cheer me up and became an immediate favorite. I couldn't say a thing about musical quality or whatever because I don't really KNOW, but just because of the effect it has on me, well, automatic 10!

Agreed, i just LOVE it to bits and can NEVER listen to it just once.. :rolleyes:

Agreed, i just LOVE it to bits and can NEVER listen to it just once.. :rolleyes:

10+

I adore this song. I LOOOOVE this song. It's the quintessential breezy jingly jangly pop song - with a bit of Motown swagger. And wonderful lyrics.

Love love LOVE it.

"kicking away from the mundane every day
la la la la la la"

I never ever tire of it.
Did I mention I'm in love with it? :o

Nothing more than filler to me. I too love the jangly, melodic side of Morrissey, but I just find this a weak and uninteresting tune. Five.

cheers

8 I love it.

"Honey you'll find how to know me" is a brilliant ending.

no.

Stephen Street had nothing to do with it. This was recorded in 1995.

thanks:thumb:, I shouldve put my Mozipedia and read about it, but as usual to
hasty to vote, to hasty to think yer right, to hasty put on the send button

but also hasty to skip it wherever it is on me forum dl cd's, think I DL it there

I don't buy the remaster plus bonus 2 cd's, bought enough, about evrything
released though I think I'll buy the usual Swords 4 disc, got the limited, so
that would be the last one this year

I think next year will be without a release with new songs,hope for those
remastered Smiths box though got the latest one too,which was alo past year or late 2008

next song, Mr Houdini

This song reminds me of The Smiths more than any other Morrissey song that comes to mind. I think it's a great lost treasure.

Back
Top Bottom