The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 220: WILL NEVER MARRY

How do you rate Will Never Marry?

• Total voters
well done, justme... excellent 'conversion' tactic! :D

I love this video too -which I didn't say in my original post... but does it really need to be said? :p thank you, but no...

Will Never Marry is my favorite 'short' Mozza song :)

eh,he,he, :) well, it's impossible to watch this video and not feel touched or impressed (I think). These images speak a thousand words :o

the first time i heard this song was about 4 years ago. I started seeing this guy and we were crazy about eachother right off the bat. the 2nd or 3rd time we hung out, he gave me a mix cd he had made me with all his favorite songs on it. one of them was "Will Never Marry." apparently he meant he will never marry ME. a few months later he picked some other chick over me and i flipped out and broke the cd into a million pieces. :o

still LOVE the song though! ;) 10! :guitar: <---love that smiley!

I give this a bittersweet 10.

a 9

a song reminds me of his Kill Uncle tour, sung with with passion and
living the song, like every word came from his toe

i hope every kill uncle/bona drag erea hater give it a second change,
cause their are really good songs on both albums

I will live my life
as I
will undoubtly die
alone

:tears:

It's pouring rain which almost NEVER happens in LA so this could affect my mood but ...

Seriously this is one of my all time favorite songs. Some Morrissey songs are chock-full of lyrics that are biting & witty & satisfying for even the most insatiable.

But this song ...
It's absolutely perfect in its simplicity. Just a few lines and that is all ... it's all that's needed to convey a bleedingly heartfelt, wonderfully complex simple point.

A tear-jerker every time ... especially when accompanied with the video.

Did I mention it's a 10?

Pure Love - 10

Perfect lyrics and the music is wonderfully 'depressing' :cool:

For whether you stay or stray an inbuilt guilt catches up with you...

Can't hear this song without thinking of this video.

Love the part in the video where the boy dives off the stage before getting grabbed by security :guitar:

Last edited by a moderator:
Another work of absolute musical genius composed by Mr Stephen Brian Street.

If you have such an immense songwriting talent why, in the lord's name, would you go and spend the rest of your life producing albums by the Cranberries and Kaiser Chiefs?

Another work of absolute musical genius composed by Mr Stephen Brian Street.

If you have such an immense songwriting talent why, in the lord's name, would you go and spend the rest of your life producing albums by the Cranberries and Kaiser Chiefs?

If I remember correctly, I read that Vini Reilly expanded on Street's original and simple melodies to really make them shine.

I would gladly bet that Vini wrote the string arrangements to this song, and any other song that included strings during those sessions. After all, Reilly and John Metcalfe had great chemistry at the time. They had worked together in creating classical music long before they had ever gotten involved with Morrissey.

By the way, this is my favorite song :D

short? aww yea but you got to love the "long" version the everyday b side I love the calling of his name and the STEEEVEN in that version, gives me silly chills. :D

It was Steven Street's wife, wasn't it? Eery - it's like she's calling him back from the playground, the carefree childhood playground, but at the same time calling him back from the brink of marriage. A stroke of genius.

Peter

the other day I sent this video to a friend that had no idea of who he was or how he looked like,etc. (he is more of a classic music guy).He wrote back SOO IMPRESSED- he was like,oh...I never immagined Morrissey was like this,that was beautiful! :)

I love that video (oh,wait... am I repeating myself?:rolleyes: )

Ere, isn't that our very own JUKEBOX JURY at 0:53 in that video?

Peter

It was Steven Street's wife, wasn't it? Eery - it's like she's calling him back from the playground, the carefree childhood playground, but at the same time calling him back from the brink of marriage. A stroke of genius.

Peter

yes thats right, it was his wife, just such a perfect part of the song. I love it. I only really listen to the long version now, it feels like there is something missing with the cut version.

Peter

I've never heard this version; could someone put up a megaupload for it please?

Btw, from the short version and live versions i've heard, 100000000000 is my rating most definitely. I once considered covering this song actually. i killed the project at the last minute, thankfully. no one but moz can do this song justice; it is his anthem.

I've never heard this version; could someone put up a megaupload for it please?

Btw, from the short version and live versions i've heard, 100000000000 is my rating most definitely. I once considered covering this song actually. i killed the project at the last minute, thankfully. no one but moz can do this song justice; it is his anthem.

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=82142
there is a yousendit one there if thats any use if not I will megaupload it.

Absolutely fantastic piece of mellow Moz genius. 10

Pure Love - 10

Can't hear this song without thinking of this video.

Maybe this is just me and my dirty mind, but I can't help noticing Moz' smirk at 1:24 when the bloke clings onto his back and it looks like..yeah...:p

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom