The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 208: UNLOVEABLE

How do you rate Unloveable?

• Total voters
I used to not like this song but I later grew fond of it.

My favourite part is the outro..

"da da DA da... da da DA da...."

Agreed, with those who said the music is mediocre but the lyrics brilliant. I give it an overall 8.

--jeniphir

Oh i love this song and often find myself quoting lyrics form it. Love and can identify with these lines:
Oh ...
I know I'm unloveable
You don't have to tell me
I don't have much in my life
But take it - it's yours
I don't have much in my life
But take it - it's yours
Oh ...

he just toying with listeners on this . He's aware of how he appears and that the "untouchable" approach works . Playing on the mysterious vibe you get from moz. Its sumptuous. I remember listening to this for the first time and it was almost as if i saw this song coming after hearing most of other smiths stuff. Fits so nicely into the smiths catalogue. I wear black on the outside because black is how i feel on the inside. Description extremely fitting for when your feeling slightly drab or if you happen to be wearing black .

A 10 for me. Beautiful guitar, and simple but beautiful lyrics. This is definitely in my top 3 fave Smiths songs if not #1. I wish he'd start playing it live.

I give it a 9. I love the music. Johnny's guitar isn't awe-inspiring but it does give the song a sweetness it would otherwise lack.

Back
Top Bottom