The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 156: SKIN STORM

How do you rate Skin Storm?

• Total voters
One of my favorite covers: Moz in glorious vocal singing a gorgeous song about sex. Who could ask for anything more? A 10.

Any chance someone could upload it? From what I've heard it sounds like I'm missing out on a classic!

I have a friend (appleblonde where are you?) who doesn't like this song just because the title of the song sickens her.

But she's a weirdo. I think I remember reading on here a few years back how this song was someone on this messageboards first song to dance to at their wedding, anyone remember that?

Actually, before I heard it I thought the title was kind of gross too. I think the song is kind of dirty, but I like it. I think, Morrissey making a sexy song could have turned out embarassing and a lot worse. It's a pretty good song.

I don't think that it is appropriate for weddings, though.

Actually, before I heard it I thought the title was kind of gross too. I think the song is kind of dirty, but I like it. I think, Morrissey making a sexy song could have turned out embarassing and a lot worse. It's a pretty good song.

I don't think that it is appropriate for weddings, though.

It could indeed have turned out embarassing and a lot worse.
He could've started banging on about his explosive kegs!

It could indeed have turned out embarassing and a lot worse.
He could've started banging on about his explosive kegs!

No, it couldn't have. Not with the original being such a genteel ode to love-making anyway.
The only lyric changes he made was the line 'Love is a wonderful emotion', which he changed to 'Love could be a wonderful emotion' .
A great cover of a great song.

Bradford were quite a good Smiths rip-off at a time when Smiths rip-offs could still be quite good :)
Here's them performing Skin Storm:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYQD-4jmYdA

(Their promos are well worth checking out also:
Gang of One
In Liverpool)

No, it couldn't have. Not with the original being such a genteel ode to love-making anyway.
The only lyric changes he made was the line 'Love is a wonderful emotion', which he changed to 'Love could be a wonderful emotion' .
A great cover of a great song.

Not true - he also thankfully changed the most cringeworthy lyric of the song - "Oh, what a storm when it's wet and warm" - to simply "Oh, what a storm". Ah, how I long for the days when Morrissey still exhibited quality control in the cringe-level of what he sang!

I was disappointed this wasn't his song (I didn't know it before), because it's so sexy and hot it makes you look away blushing, but it's not openly dirty, so I thought it was perfectly Moz. I LOVE it.

Back
Top Bottom