The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 14: ASLEEP

How do you rate Asleep?

• Total voters
I totally agree.

:)

Who the hell is Tom Riddle? ......this person is obviouly in some serious need of psychological help. no other way to explain his vote

Haha...he got his name after Lord Voldemort:D. I agree DAnn about listening to this song before dying and hitting that brat with a baseball bat.

Not a song I listen to often, but when I do it's worth it.
I'm a sucker for his sad songs. It makes me want to take care of him
(I have a uterus, so don't blame me)

A beautiful song that is best heard with Rubber Ring as a B-side of The Boy With The Thorn In His Side. The way that the "You are sleeping / You do not want to believe" ending of Rubber Ring blends into the windswept, melancholy piano opening of "Asleep" is easily one of the greatest moments on a Smiths recording. Sends a chill down my spine everytime. They really botched it when they released Louder Than Bombs and separated the two songs.

Here it is, for those of you who have never heard the medley:
Rubber Ring/Asleep

:)

Who the hell is Tom Riddle? ......this person is obviouly in some serious need of psychological help. no other way to explain his vote

That's funny, I feel the same way about you whenever I look at your sig. ;)

Perfect 10!

I play it to cheer myself up! And yes, things are really THAT bad...:)

This is going to sound blasphemous but...come on. This song is awful. Haunting yes, suicidal yes, emotional yes. But so are "I Know It's Over", "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", "Well I Wonder" and "Back to the Old House", all a thousand times better than this droning, monotonous rubbish. A 3.

Edit: SHIT I appear to have given it a 6 by mistake. It's still terrible in my books. A mess, boys.

This is going to sound blasphemous but...come on. This song is awful. Haunting yes, suicidal yes, emotional yes. But so are "I Know It's Over", "That Joke Isn't Funny Anymore", "Well I Wonder" and "Back to the Old House", all a thousand times better than this droning, monotonous rubbish. A 3.

Edit: SHIT I appear to have given it a 6 by mistake. It's still terrible in my books. A mess, boys.

jesus christ woman! get a grip on yourself, this song is a triumph!

there there, nursey will give you your medicine soon, just sit there quiet like a good girl.

Ah, ok, well she's playing "Asleep" in the background to soothe me, so I should be unconscious by the time she injects the needle anyway.

YOU

ASKED

FOR

IT.......

I HATE YOU!!
:cool:

Back
Top Bottom