The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 109: LUCKY LISP

How do you rate Lucky Lisp?

• Total voters
7. It was one of the first solo Morrissey songs I heard, so I'm fond of it in a nostalgic way, but I do think that he has done better things.
I always thought he was singing, "the saints smash ivy down on you." I suppose that doesn't really make much sense...

this whole poll's becoming a farce

75% only gives 9 or 10's. I can understand if you compare lucky lisp to
ice, ice baby [vanilla ice], but i' cant believe if you hear Maudlin and
Lisp that you find them in the same rank

yes i wrote it lots here, but now with this mediocre song which get
9/10's [the youtube version was lovely b.t.w.] I lost faith in an decent endranking

Well, not really. Lucky Lisp is at an average 8 now, whereas Maudlin is a clear 9, which will mean that Lucky Lisp will probably not make or just about make the final Top 100, whereas Maudlin will be top 30, so there is a huge difference.
Don't lose faith, Theo :)

Well, not really. Lucky Lisp is at an average 8 now, whereas Maudlin is a clear 9, which will mean that Lucky Lisp will probably not make or just about make the final Top 100, whereas Maudlin will be top 30, so there is a huge difference.
Don't lose faith, Theo :)

Theo? :eek:

**9** Because I got to hear it live right in front of him and it was beautiful. *sigh*

9/10. Ahhhh.... I long for the days when Moz b-sides were as good as this offering.​

yes, that's me

It's my pleasure that the great Houdini still knows me name, cause we
knew eachother well, as Smiths/Morrissey friends....and I was so antisocial
and rude that I let our friendship silence, also with the famous Mr. de Wit,
both are responseble for supporting Morrissey via Dutch Smiths/Morrissey
parties, starting in the early 90's, they started the fire in the Netherlands, and still a league of their own, and hope they do a party once in a while in the future [when all's well]
Shortly, Houdini & Johan de Wit are Dutch best known Smiths & Morrissey apostles....and my real name is Theo.

and Lucky Lisp is a mediocre song, but I already explained that.

Class, what an opening line "when you're gift unfolds and you're talent becomes aparent." A great side B song to compliment the excellent "Last of the famous international playboys."

Back
Top Bottom