The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 102: LET ME KISS YOU

How do you rate Let Me Kiss You?

• Total voters
This song is one I absolutely fell in love with live, due to the circumstances I was in at the time (last verse specifically).

However, there's something just a little...off...about the rhythm of the verses for me. Can't quite place it.

So 9 it is.

A good 6. Nothing magnificent, but a fairly decent song nonetheless.

It seems that you think every Morrissey solo song is poor and his only good work was with the Smiths. In that case I really don't know why you visit this site.

It seems that you think every Morrissey solo song is poor and his only good work was with the Smiths. In that case I really don't know why you visit this site.

That's why I gave the previous Morrissey song on this poll a 9 eh? :confused:

"But then you open your eyes
And you see someone that you physically despise
But my heart is open
My heart is open to you"

If you can’t relate to this then you are lucky enough not to have suffered through unrequited love.

But my heart is open
My heart is open to you"

If you can’t relate to this then you are lucky enough not to have suffered through unrequited love.

Indeed. This is one that would go on the soundrack of my life. I was going to give it a 9, but I'm now giving it a 10, just to piss some of the critics off ;). I'm not sure I could trust a Moz fan that doesn't like this song...

But my heart is open
My heart is open to you"

I can't imagine there is anyone on the planet THAT lucky!

Yes, that verse is the best part of the song, by far. Thank goodness for that verse, actually. It would almost be a happy song without it - and we can't have that! Reminds me of an Elvis Costello quote that Morrissey once quoted in an interview, "I could never write a love song without a get-out clause in verse three." So true!

I remember when I first saw this on Jools Holland, I was a bit overwhelmed. His voice was amazing, the melody breaks between the verses, everything about it just stopped me in my tracks. I give it a 9.

I adore this song. 10. I' never get tired of it.
Ditto! Since there is no 9.5, I went with 10. I know, I have a lot of them! This is a lovely song. One of my fave 2 off YATQ. It also happens to be one of my kids favorite songs -yes, their opinion counts to me (esp when you hear a 7 yr old sing whoa ho ho)

But my heart is open
My heart is open to you"

Yes I love that verse. I love this song, heard it 4 times this year so it gets an 8. It also reminds me of this stupid guy I liked.

Last edited:
It's in alphabetical order. Well, sort of. Except that all the songs that start with 'The' are going to be sorted under 'T', which is incredibly aggravating to me... but one day, with extensive therapy, I will learn to let go.
So, the next song will be "Let The Right One Slip In". Brace yourself!

You' re so right :)

One of my favorites off Quarry. I was really happy to see it live, but when he throws off his shirt, it's at the exact moment when he sings the best part of the song, so you don't really pay that much attention especially when people are pushing...but whatever.:rolleyes: It's lovely.

find myself signing this a lot lately

Good for you! It's a wonderful song on the stereo and when he sings it live. Strong both musically and lyrically, I have no idea why it is so harshly criticised by some round these parts.

Back
Top Bottom