Hmmm. Quite a predictable top ten in the end. Not quite sure what Still Ill is doing in there, especially when you see something like Lost at 95. Suedehead seems to be there for nostalgia reasons - it's not his best solo song by a long way. And I would suggest Stop Me... has only got so high because of the recent Ronson atrocity. Nice to see so many solo Moz songs in the top twenty though. Very interesting. Good work, Houdini!1) There Is A Light That Never Goes Out (1986) 9,89
2) Everyday Is Like Sunday (1988) 9,59
3) Still Ill (1984) 9,57
4) I Know It’s Over (1986) 9,56
5) Suedehead (1988) 9,55
6) The Queen Is Dead (1986) 9,55
7) Now My Heart Is Full (1994) 9,55
8) Speedway (1994) 9,54
9) This Charming Man (1983) 9,50
10) Please Please Please Let Me Get What I Want (1984) 9,50
11) The Headmaster Ritual (1985) 9,48
12) The Last Of The Famous International Playboys (1989) 9,46
13) Rubber Ring (1985) 9,43
14) Why Don’t You Find Out For Yourself (1994) 9,42
15) Panic (1985) 9,41
16) Reel Around The Fountain (1984) 9,41
17) Stop Me If You Think You’ve Heard This One Before (1987)
Indeed, of the 73 Smiths songs only 18 failed to make the Top 100.So out of 70 (I think) Smiths songs, 55 have made it into the Top 100. Morrissey's solo work has 45 songs out of 164. Amazing result for the combination of Mr Morrissey and Mr Marr - really highlights the consistency of those years. A good result for Stephen Street, too, some of his work being right at the top of the pile.
Only one song post-Quarry is a little depressing, too.
Still, well done, Houdini - thanks for all your work, this has been great. And it'll make a very nice playlist for my iPod.
Yes, I was about to do so.Is it possible to arrange the results by albums?
Thanks for your work, it must have taken you a lot of time.
|Thread starter||Similar threads||Forum||Replies||Date|
|The Moz/Smiths Top 100 - FINAL RESULTS 2014||General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)||18|
|The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 284: ART-HOUNDS (FINAL SONG)||General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)||30|
|The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 283: JULIE IN THE WEEDS||General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)||15|
|The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 282: FORGIVE SOMEONE||General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)||13|
|The Moz/Smiths Top 100, Part 281 DRAG THE RIVER||General Discussion archive 2014 (read-only)||10|