The Moz/RHCP connection?

Skylarker

People come second, or possibly third.
After seeing that the musicianship on the new LP is comprised heavily of Red Hot Chili Peppers people, I was suddenly reminded of a very old interview from the Vauxhall era in, I think...Raygun? It had a great b/w photo of M that I had framed on my wall for years. Anyway I remember reading it when it came out and I recall him saying something like, "When a band like Red Hot Chili Peppers comes out, people are aghast that it's not just the same old thing." Now, granted, this is how 46 year old me is remembering an article I read once at the age of 18, so I am likely misquoting him somewhat. But I remember thinking, "wait...what?! He likes THEM?" Because I recall the comment being kind of vague and cryptic but leaning toward praise. Which I found odd, as they are arguably the absolute shittiest band of all time and aesthetically, musically, and thematically are about as far from Morrissey as you can get.

But now, many years later, I think that maybe he is in fact a fan, given the Bonfire creds.

Does anybody else remember this interview?

After seeing that the musicianship on the new LP is comprised heavily of Red Hot Chili Peppers people, I was suddenly reminded of a very old interview from the Vauxhall era in, I think...Raygun? It had a great b/w photo of M that I had framed on my wall for years. Anyway I remember reading it when it came out and I recall him saying something like, "When a band like Red Hot Chili Peppers comes out, people are aghast that it's not just the same old thing." Now, granted, this is how 46 year old me is remembering an article I read once at the age of 18, so I am likely misquoting him somewhat. But I remember thinking, "wait...what?! He likes THEM?" Because I recall the comment being kind of vague and cryptic but leaning toward praise. Which I found odd, as they are arguably the absolute shittiest band of all time and aesthetically, musically, and thematically are about as far from Morrissey as you can get.

But now, many years later, I think that maybe he is in fact a fan, given the Bonfire creds.

Does anybody else remember this interview?
No, don't recall it but might have found it: THE LONELIEST MONK

"What, I ask, is the most recent "new" thing he can recall?

"From here? I can't think of anything. Within England, certainly groups like the Blaggers and Gallon Drunk and Echobelly sound new to me it sounds as if I'm actually hearing something new. Which seems to be an impossible occurrence in America."

Do you think that's the state of pop, or the state of you?

"Of me? No, I think it's got nothing to do with me. I think it's really the basic ground rules within American record companies, it's not possible to break through with anything that's challenging. It just isn't possible. And when something like the Red Hot Chili Peppers becomes successful, the nation is aghast that it just isn't the same old tawdry regurgitation.""

:tiphat:

I think this connection, even we can use this term, is only possible due the producer. It's more a casuality than anything else.

If you ask me, this RHCP association taints him as much as much as any right-wing support he's given.

I think this connection, even we can use this term, is only possible due the producer. It's more a casuality than anything else.
No it's Jesse isn't it? He used to be in the bloody band. They are quite a good match as M is quite LA and so are they both in their own way

If you ask me, this RHCP association taints him as much as much as any right-wing support he's given.
Better than f***ing Green Day. I thought the fact he did something with a Green day member was shockingly bad. They are so naff
The phycology I think is this, if its American it seems more glamorous than UK So he would rather use dumb-ass Yankee band members than a UK one, as it makes him feel above everyone else in UK, in his mind.
Its such a shame though. as he is beyond the people he hands with

"From here? I can't think of anything. Within England, certainly groups like the Blaggers and Gallon Drunk and Echobelly sound new to me it sounds as if I'm actually hearing something new. Which seems to be an impossible occurrence in America."

"Of me? No, I think it's got nothing to do with me. I think it's really the basic ground rules within American record companies, it's not possible to break through with anything that's challenging. It just isn't possible. And when something like the Red Hot Chili Peppers becomes successful, the nation is aghast that it just isn't the same old tawdry regurgitation.""

Thank you for that interview. I miss that M more than my first two wives, LOL

No it's Jesse isn't it? He used to be in the bloody band. They are quite a good match as M is quite LA and so are they both in their own way
Jesse was a CP only for a few weeks and joined Alanis band pretty soon, as far as I know. But maybe Jesse is still close to Flea or Chad and the connection was made.

Before the RHCP got successful in the mainstream they were actually quite a strange band. I just have never been able to muster enough love or hate for them either way to care.

As for the food chain on Chilli Peppers I thought it was Miley Cyrus that used Watt on one of her records and then he brought in Chad Smith and so on.?

Before the RHCP got successful in the mainstream they were actually quite a strange band. I just have never been able to muster enough love or hate for them either way to care.

As for the food chain on Chilli Peppers I thought it was Miley Cyrus that used Watt on one of her records and then he brought in Chad Smith and so on.?

Nope, saw them in the mid-1980s playing a club in downtown Los Angeles. They were awful even then.

Ha! Yep. Absolutely that's the one.

Oh is that right? I never knew that; that's interesting.

Back
Top Bottom