the most beautifull girl

She may have been beautiful on the outside when she was younger and I applaud her animal rights work but unfortunately her opinions on race and homosexuality are anything but beautiful.

She may have been beautiful on the outside when she was younger and I applaud her animal rights work but unfortunately her opinions on race and homosexuality are anything but beautiful.

I'm not aware about her homophobia and right wing thinking

on the other side,didn't she praised Le Pen openly [a real right winger in
France]

or Im I mistaken by Musolini's doughter who once tried to become in
the italian parlement

it's hard to believe Brigit is against homosxuality, as she's been in the filmindustry, it will be hell if you dislike gays in the milmindustry, they are all over, catering, make up, etc.

Anyway her voice against seal beating is much more known than what you
bring up, no one's a Saint, not me, nor Brigitte...:confused:

Well, her voice against seal hunting is rather cause for dislike, as far as I'm concerned. It may not look pretty, but it's absolutely necessary - if the seal population isn't culled, they eat the ocean clean. And wash up on the northern shores by the thousands, half-dead from starvation. It's happened more than once in recent years. Not to mention that what they eat the ocean clean of is the livelihhod on which hundreds of coastal communities on Iceland and in Norway fundamentally depend. Seals are culled for exactly the same reason that hunting takes place on every other kind of wild animal that isn't an endangered species, the only difference is that in this case the consequences of not doing it is much worse than a few nibbled hops due to an excessive population of deer.

cheers

Last edited:
Well, her voice against seal hunting is rather cause for dislike, as far as I'm concerned. It may not look pretty, but it's absolutely necessary - if the seal population isn't culled, they eat the ocean clean. And wash up on the northern shores by the thousands, half-dead from starvation. It's happened more than once in recent years. Not to mention that what they eat the ocean clean of is the livelihhod on which hundreds of coastal communities on Iceland and in Norway fundamentally depend. Seals are culled for exactly the same reason that hunting takes place on every other kind of wild animal that isn't an endangered species, the only difference is that in this case the consequences of not doing it is much worse than a few nibbled hops due to an excessive population of deer.

cheers

Actually, humans eat/pollute the ocean clean.

Maybe the natural predators for the seals should be more protected.

I googled brigitte bardot homosexuality and found this.

Veteran screen star BRIGITTE BARDOT insists she holds a great deal of love and respect for gay men - even though she slams homosexual culture in her new book.

The French actress has lashed out at reports she's prejudiced against gays, by claiming her best friends - as well as most of the men working for her - are homosexual.

She says, "Apart from my husband, who maybe will cross over one day as well, I am surrounded by gays. For years they have been my support, my friends, my adopted children, my confidantes.

"Homosexuals are human beings like any other with qualities and faults. Some are my best friends."

But in her new book A CRY IN THE SILENCE she writes of gay people, "They jiggle their bottoms, put their little fingers in the air and with their little castrato voices moan about what those ghastly heteros put them through.​

I think Paris Hilton would say, "That's Hot!", but ummmm, I kind of see what she means. She doesn't mind homosexuals, but she doesn't like bitchiness. She actually says "some of my best friends..." I don't know.

2n0j40i.jpg

She should get a new hairdresser or at least a comb. She's got crazy-grandma hair.

edit: FIXED

vneeec.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Actually, humans eat/pollute the ocean clean.

Humans and seals consume the same ressource. The impact of expanded seal populations on fishery stocks is very real - I wasn't exaggerating when I was speaking about thousands of starving seals washed up on the shore to perish miserably because there's nothing left in the ocean for them to eat. It has happened more than once in recent years. This kind of thing is prevented from occurring by culling as a matter of course with all other species, most of whom however lack the cutie factor necessary to stir the sympathies of the likes of Ms Bardot. Of course, you could just argue that we should eat less fish then, and leave more of it for the seals. And I could reply, try telling that to the hundreds of coastal communities who make a living from fisheries (the backbone of the icelandic economy and the second-biggest export commodity of Norway). You might as well argue that all the coal mines of Wales should have been closed down in 1980 for environmental reasons, and the consequences to the miners and theircommunities be damned. Actually, the arguments for doing that are a lot better than the arguments for stopping seal hunting.

We can limit our consumption through quotas, regulations and so on. That doesn't work for the seals you know. Their consumption can only be limited by limiting their numbers.

Orcas and polar bears? They already are, unless I'm much mistaken. But that's not going to solve the problem during the next few decades. And anyway, where's the benefit in that for the seals? Is it better to be eaten alive by a polar bear than to be clubbed to death by a man?

cheers

Last edited:

I googled brigitte bardot homosexuality and found this.

Veteran screen star BRIGITTE BARDOT insists she holds a great deal of love and respect for gay men - even though she slams homosexual culture in her new book.

The French actress has lashed out at reports she's prejudiced against gays, by claiming her best friends - as well as most of the men working for her - are homosexual.

She says, "Apart from my husband, who maybe will cross over one day as well, I am surrounded by gays. For years they have been my support, my friends, my adopted children, my confidantes.

"Homosexuals are human beings like any other with qualities and faults. Some are my best friends."

But in her new book A CRY IN THE SILENCE she writes of gay people, "They jiggle their bottoms, put their little fingers in the air and with their little castrato voices moan about what those ghastly heteros put them through.​

I think Paris Hilton would say, "That's Hot!", but ummmm, I kind of see what she means. She doesn't mind homosexuals, but she doesn't like bitchiness. She actually says "some of my best friends..." I don't know.

Ghastly hetero that woman.

Not that I have a problem with heteros, some of my best friends etc... :D

But jokes aside, every time someone says the "some of my best friends" thing, I know that person is a hater. Unless they are paraphrasing ;)

I wasn't exaggerating when I was speaking about thousands of starving seals washed up on the shore to perish miserably because there's nothing left in the ocean for them to eat. It has happened more than once in recent years.

Orcas and polar bears? They already are, unless I'm much mistaken. But that's not going to solve the problem during the next few decades. And anyway, where's the benefit in that for the seals? Is it better to be eaten alive by a polar bear than to be clubbed to death by a man?

cheers

I'm thinking of a natural balance. I like the idea of there being polar bears and whales, and the bears may be protected but Japan is very aggressively whaling.

We're talking about different areas of the world. Beyond that you may think it's naive but I usually don't believe it when they try to say that it's to the animals benefit for large numbers or them to be slaughtered by humans, especially when there is a huge industry behind it. On the other hand, I don't begrudge a polar bear or a whale eating a seal. That's just what they do. And I wouldn't have a problem with indigenous humans doing it either, except that it's part of a huge industry that creates a lot of suffering for profit, not subsistence.

Ghastly hetero that woman.

Not that I have a problem with heteros, some of my best friends etc... :D

But jokes aside, every time someone says the "some of my best friends" thing, I know that person is a hater. Unless they are paraphrasing ;)

It's usually a good indication. I've seen it called "the dubious disclaimer".

I'm thinking of a natural balance. I like the idea of there being polar bears and whales, and the bears may be protected but Japan is very aggressively whaling.

Not in the North Atlantic they're not. And not for Orcas either. I like the idea of there being whales and bears too, it just isn't going to solve the impact excessive seal populations have on fish stocks in the foreseeable future.

We're talking about different areas of the world. Beyond that you may think it's naive but I usually don't believe it when they try to say that it's to the animals benefit for large numbers or them to be slaughtered by humans, especially when there is a huge industry behind it. On the other hand, I don't begrudge a polar bear or a whale eating a seal. That's just what they do. And I wouldn't have a problem with indigenous humans doing it either, except that it's part of a huge industry that creates a lot of suffering for profit, not subsistence.

"For profit", as if fisheries consisted in simply transforming live animals into well-padded bank accounts for big corporations. That line of reasoning is no more than a cop-out from the uncomfortable implications of the position you argue.

Who this affects more than anybody else is, again, hundreds of mostly small fishing communities dotted around the coasts of Norway and Iceland, and for them it bloody well is a question of if not subsistence then at least of existence. They could all move to the cities and work in factories and offices, but their towns and villages have no raison d'etre with black seas. Most economic activity is waged for far less worthy causes than this. I don't know what your definition of "inidigenous" is or how that changes anything, but you know, most of these places have been around for a thousand years or more, and they have always lived off the sea. That's pretty much the only reason why anybody would choose to live with 200 other people on a shore perched beneath a mountain with no daylight in the winter. Try telling them they just lost their right to exist because they're a huge industry.

Not that the seals amount to a difference between abundance and nothingness of course, but they do have a potentially very large impact. The point is in any case that this is not an issue of profits everyone could easily do without, it is a question with a very large impact on the ability of a great many communities to continue to exist at all.

cheers

Re: the most beautiful woman

If we stopped overfishing and depleting the oceans, maybe we wouldn't need to cull the "overpopulated" seal colonies. I mean, no one talks about culling the overpopulated human colonies in India, China, etc. Animals have a right to exist too.

I don't mean this post in a stroppy way, just challenging the notion that everything on earth must be made to work for the benefit of humans, like that is the only supreme right.

P.S. And surely at age 75, a woman has earned the right to be referred to as a woman and not a girl.

OK, now I really am being irritable... :D

Re: Bardot

If we stopped overfishing and depleting the oceans, maybe we wouldn't need to cull the "overpopulated" seal colonies. I mean, no one talks about culling the overpopulated human colonies in India, China, etc. Animals have a right to exist too.

I don't mean this post in a stroppy way, just challenging the notion that everything on earth must be made to work for the benefit of humans, like that is the only supreme right.

P.S. And surely at age 75, a woman has earned the right to be referred to as a woman and not a girl.

OK, now I really am being irritable... :D

The person started this thread's mother tongue isn't English.

There is none!

She is beyond criticism.

Tut, tut, there's one

Back
Top Bottom