The Morrissey Smiths Disco is this Friday

Issues for Tony Blair to resolve before retiring as PM:

1. Northern Ireland - get the proddies and the catholics to love each other.
2. Palistine and Israel - arrange one big 'love in' in Jerusalem.
3. The Shi-ites and Sunnys and the whole of Iraq - to love one another and all things America whilst drinking Budweiser and eating a Big Mac together.
4. Bring peace in our time down at the S&G. :eek:

Jukebox Jury

And get rid of McClaren.

I always say to the new people on here to say hello and have a bit of banter,always good to see new faces down the place. And that is not me trying to be Mr Popular, it's purely making people feel friendly and help them enjoy the night, with it being a social occasion. Say hello at the next one seeing you recognise me and see if the above view changes, i'm pretty harmless to be honest :)

Finally, for the reasons above, there is no inner sanctum, it is a myth. FFS it is a night out at a pub. If you make the effort to say hello then you might meet a whole new crowd of genuinely nice, friendly, normal people who are not trying to be people who they aren't, they are just appreciating the music they like and having a good time.

LIES! :eek:

Even though I still think the policy regarding smokers is ill-conceived.... there is no dispute between 'Maladjusted'/me and the S&G/Smiths/Morrissey Disco, and therefore, there's no reason for anyone to feel they have to "take sides", which would just be childish and silly.
The idea behind 'Maladjusted' was to give people somewhere else to go, as well as the S&G, not to create a division.
You can have both.
The heated discussion between myself and S&G/Andy, was based on a series of misunderstandings, which we have since resolved via email.
Andy is one of life's good guys, and, regrettably, I briefly lost sight of that during our exchange.
I sincerely wish the S&G, and the promoters of the Smiths/Morrissey Disco, continued success, and apologise to S&G/Andy for any perceived disrespect.

A text message i received from mspendl828 before after i was touting for people to watch the England match in town: -

"I don't like watching football in pubs, sorry."

Mike, put these words in the correct order: -

ALL, LOST, RESPECT!

A text message i received from mspendl828 before after i was touting for people to watch the England match in town: -

"I don't like watching football in pubs, sorry."

Mike, put these words in the correct order: -

ALL, LOST, RESPECT!

Because...

a) you can't really watch the game
b) you can't really hear the commentry
c) you're surrounded by member of the general public who know f*** all about football, i.e. people who think Peter Crouch is shit, that Alan Smith is a great striker etc etc.

Because...

a) you can't really watch the game
b) you can't really hear the commentry
c) you're surrounded by member of the general public who know f*** all about football, i.e. people who think Peter Crouch is shit, that Alan Smith is a great striker etc etc.

I know this is totally off topic but what the hell, no thread stays on topic for more than 3 or 4 posts...

I agree with Mike.. watching sports matches in pubs is about as bad as it gets unless you are not that interested in the game and I agree with his reasons.. you can't hear the commentary and the drunk asshats surrounding you have no f***ing clue about the game that's on, the sport in general or basic common sense. They just root for uniforms and when something good happens they act like they know why.

For me it sucks because this mindless yahooism for the home teams is beyond excessive and I don't support any of the home teams.

Drunk people make the worst analysts. A radio station where I live does drunken recaps of the local sports games. They find people who just came from the game and have them try to tell what happened in the game.

Famous quotes from this include "couple beers. no beers. chili", "david lee, aka david lee roth, aka david ortiz!" and "recap! recap! recap them boobies!"

Sports and booze do not mix.

I must - for once - agree with Mike.
But before that, I have to register my disgust at Deano for not asking me to the pub.....:mad:

There is nothing better than the real thing.
However - at least in a pub you can
A) stand up and watch the game
B) drink a beer whilst watching the game

There is absolutely no reason why fans in England & Wales should be denied both for domestic games. You can do it at rugby league and union, horse racing and speedway. But if you are a football fan.... forget it, it becomes 'unsafe to do so.'

Join the campaign - www.fsf.org.uk

Jukebox Jury

Hmmm I have to concur with the sentiments of home watching but the pub gives you more of a crowd feeling I guess (when busy) UNless you're actually at the game.

For example the Welsh rugby I'd always watch in a pub. The cricket at home with some spliffs and bevvies. Big football game usually at home. Small football games (as in under-10s) always at home since the court order!

I know this is totally off topic but what the hell, no thread stays on topic for more than 3 or 4 posts...

I agree with Mike.. watching sports matches in pubs is about as bad as it gets unless you are not that interested in the game and I agree with his reasons.. you can't hear the commentary and the drunk asshats surrounding you have no f***ing clue about the game that's on, the sport in general or basic common sense. They just root for uniforms and when something good happens they act like they know why.

For me it sucks because this mindless yahooism for the home teams is beyond excessive and I don't support any of the home teams.

Drunk people make the worst analysts. A radio station where I live does drunken recaps of the local sports games. They find people who just came from the game and have them try to tell what happened in the game.

Famous quotes from this include "couple beers. no beers. chili", "david lee, aka david lee roth, aka david ortiz!" and "recap! recap! recap them boobies!"

Sports and booze do not mix.

Champions league final in the pub it was heavong. BUT SUPERFAN was there!!!! f***ing hell what a twat. At one poinjt he was heading the ball a la a manager and then berating the ref. Gesticulating wildly etc etc.

We all know the type. Self-centred attention seeking social retards

All i can summise is that the pubs in Nottingham are wank!

I disagree, the one built into the castle hill,
'Ye Olde Jerusalem' or whatever its called. Oldest pub in Britain too.
Good pint of real ale in there.

Jukebox Jury

I disagree, the one built into the castle hill,
'Ye Olde Jerusalem' or whatever its called. Oldest pub in Britain too.
Good pint of real ale in there.

Jukebox Jury

Do you have to disagree with everything i say you old fart?!?! :p Yet to buy the book, i'll hunt it down soon!

I don't have a problem with the non-smoking policy at S&G (I don't smoke). I am hoping to get over in November by which time it should be well in place.... I'm from Ireland and we've had the smoking ban for years now. It's actually become the new way to meet people... go figure! :)

I read about that....flirking or summat. The idea is you see someone you like going outside for a ciggie and you follow them and ask them for a light etc etc

Doesn't seem like a new concept to me though....bit daft.

buy the latest smoke-wear it's the Light Manc ©

I'm going to invent a rubberized body cover (like a light mac) to stop smokily transmitted diseases for all them firkin lot!

love

Grim
P.s. have you got a light manc? No but I've got a dark brown over-coat! :)

Re: buy the latest smoke-wear it's the Light Manc ©

It's smirting! Smoking & flirting...

The smoking ban came into effect here in Ireland about what, 2 or 3 years ago, and overall it has been a success.

I've never heard of the "go out have a smoke, go to back of Q to get back in" policy before... I can't see that being too popular to be honest. Generally pubs have a small smoking section outside the front door, it is usually separated from the queue by a small barrier, or else it is roped off. It works well.

As I've never been to the S&G (yet!) the only information I've been able to gather about the building from this post is that:

- it's in a listed building so there is no option of knocking down walls etc etc etc
- the promoters rent the space for the night
- there is a huge demand to get into the night in the first place
- strict rules have to be put in place re: queuing
- it is in a very dodgy area (talk of pimps, prostitutes, kerb crawlers, smoking crack?!? :eek: )

.... I can't help but think that - now this might be considered by some to be blasphemous, and I'm posting this with the greatest respect to the organizer of the night - but wouldn't it be a good idea to move the night to another venue?

One that can accommodate smokers in a designated smoking area?

One that can accommodate every body who wants to get in to the venue, without having to queue up for ages?

One that's in a safe(r) area?

Just an idea, as I say, I don't mean to cause any disrespect at all, so please don't take offense. It's just that if everybody gets in = more money for the promoters to pay for a bigger venue... so nobody is out of pocket.

:confused: :confused: :confused:

Back
Top Bottom