The Morrissey Smiths Disco is this Friday

If you're that bothered stop going. Jesus, it's that simple.

are you saying SS is the new messiah? When did she get the upgrade?

love

Grim

Although saying that, I have sympathy for this sister steve character - I know very well from my times at university (in Huddersfield ironically) that you can't talk with some smokers about the possibility of them not smoking. I've known some proper nicotine addicts. For some reason logic doesnt work. I WILL be attending this July - because a smoke free S&G will be a far better place and I am hoping to see this virtual scrap infest itself into real-life. Just for some entertainment.

And have a read through your post again and think again what the meaning of 'patronising' is, my friend.

Pot, Kettle, have you met?

Steph never was in the inner circle, despite trying to tongue everything that moved within the inner sanctum. Unfortunately, she caught me off guard three times, and Mike twice. She will never be in this prestigious cult, but can happily create her own down Maladjusted.

The yoof of today, constantly attention seeking eh Grim?!? Really, you aren't missing much, not as memorable as the old days when Lynne kicked two tonne of shit out of me on the dancefloor every time, and we had the Joshua White et al conversations!

Who is the 'inner circle'? You, Mike, Phill and Ben? I'd rather be in the outer circle if so thank you.

Remember Deano dearest you are only two years my senior even though you act about ten years older. As for me forcing myself on you..that's really laughable!

Who is the 'inner circle'? You, Mike, Phill and Ben? I'd rather be in the outer circle if so thank you.

Remember Deano dearest you are only two years my senior even though you act about ten years older. As for me forcing myself on you..that's really laughable!

Is it really, well my record vs yours in the place will back up my view. Plus, you have tongued 3/4 names mentioned, obviously a desperate attempt to get noticed down the NME's favourite venue. You love being talked about, why else tongue the 'elite' and drag on the smoking debate despite everything that has been said 3 times over, eventually ending in personal insults being traded? So i guess you won't be coming again? Shame babe x x ;) x x

Steph
I have never claimed to be part of any inner circle at the S'n'G and despise the very notion that such a clique exists, I would be the first in line to rally against such a group.

Jukebox Jury

The only post that has made sense is that of 'Sour Grapes' and I don't think your reply to their post was very successful, you didn't really answer anything he said just used long words and sentences to make it look like you had. Maybe my attempt at conveying what I felt wasn't as successful, maybe as it is, as so many like to point out, I am immature and childish.

I don't know why Paul has been banned again just for going against what 'S&G' was saying, which I found quite refreshing seen as though every one else just bums him.
The only reason Paul's post makes sense to you is that its the only one that agrees withs you. And the only reason he's agreeing with you is to try and poach as many S&G customers as possible for his own night- despite him supposedly setting the night up to complement the S&G night and not compete with it. Paul's banning from this forum has absolutely nothing to do with this topic but is down to his past behaviour on here. Which makes a mockery of his attacks on the attitude of the S&G poster and his 'holier-than-thou' persona. And telling people they 'bum' someone if they agree with them isn't helping your defence of the accusation of you being immature and childish.Yourself and Paul need to grow up a little.

The smoking ban is UK wide so just accept it. Non-smokers have had to put up with inhaling your disgusting fumes for years, not to mention waking up in the morning with our clothes reeking of smoke. If you want to carry on killing yourself you're still free to do it before and after the S&G night.

The S&G has provided a special night for Smiths and Moz fans for years and both yourself and Paul have enjoyed yourself many, many times there. Therefore, I think its a bit sad that you're now attacking someone who has provided something that nobody else in Manchester would previously consider doing.

Your boycotting of the S&G night is harming no one but yourselves. Its doesn't affect the S&G and we all know both you and Paul would have been gutted at missing last Friday. SisterSteve - you need to just kiss and make up with Andy at the S&G as you both know its just a squabble that has got out of hand. I'm sure S&G would be happy to see you on the 6th July. Paul - you're coming across a pretty pathetic individual. Which is a shame because in person you appear to be a really nice guy.

Steph never was in the inner circle, despite trying to tongue everything that moved within the inner sanctum. Unfortunately, she caught me off guard three times, and Mike twice. She will never be in this prestigious cult, but can happily create her own down Maladjusted.

Inner sanctum eh. With all due respect mate, i had my first S&G night on Friday, and it was easy to see who you were. Standing like the king of the mountain, desperate to be the centre of attention. Then the pictures went up on here and confirmed that the arrogance was you.

This row is pathetic. Smokers want to smoke. Non-smokers don't care. A venue has to uphold the law, but should have some sympathy for its clients...ALL of them.

This isn't even about the smoking ban - it's just an excuse for a few pathetic people to start a row, try and sound witty, and inflate their own ego. the sad thing is, i can guaratee that anyone who has read this post and never been to the Smiths/Moz night, will probably not want to go now. I'm not planning a return visit. But, as long as the inner sanctum isn't affected, all is well.......

Last edited:
God is this still going on? It's so boring.

You started it

This for me isn't even about smoking anymore, if someone had politely informed me that there was nothing they could do about it and I'd have to refrain from smoking, then I could probably just about live with that.

I did right at the beginning, although I never said you'd have to refrain from it - you decided I'd said that just before you started ranting about, well, everything.

It's all about the attitude of 'S&G' and although he says that it is impossible to convey tone on the internet, I'm pretty sure what his tone is, there's no other way he could mean what he says.

Go on then - explain it. Do it. I'd love to know. Were you shouting any of your messages into the keyboard or politely typing them? Only I can't tell. My tone is this - THE LAW CHANGES ON JULY 1st. THE STAR&GARTER DIDN'T DECIDE UPON THAT.

The only post that has made sense is that of 'Sour Grapes' and I don't think your reply to their post was very successful, you didn't really answer anything he said just used long words and sentences to make it look like you had.

Interesting - how do you know "sour grapes" is male? I'm sure a woman could have written something as long worded and long sentenced as "sour grapes" did. Even though it was essentially just a plug for Maladjusted - a night which, Sister Steve, I am led to believe you reported as being "not a patch on the Star&Garter night".

Maybe my attempt at conveying what I felt wasn't as successful, maybe as it is, as so many like to point out, I am immature and childish.

No you're not - you just got like that when you realised you were wrong.

There really is no point in arguing with you because you just come out with the same things over and over

You've been doing that since last week.

mainly picking up on me calling you a sneering wanker and using phrases such as 'are you having a tin bath', as if they were the main points of my argument

"..tin bath" was the first thing you said after the message about the queue so it's not that wrong to assume that you disagreed with the point in the message.

of course all a ploy to make me look stupid. Yes, I may have insulted you by calling you a sneering wanker but how many times have you indirectly insulted me and more so my best friend?

Name a time I've done that "indirectly"? Go on. Have a look back at all of the message and all the times Deano, for example, has outright insulted you. But that's OK is it because he's just winding you up? Show me a time I've insulted you or your friend - someone who was responsible for calling me a "sneering wanker", ooh, last year wasn't it, before you adopted it from her? Before I returned her purse to her which she lost, pissed up, at the Morrissey Smiths Disco? And what was it I said to her? Shall I remind you? "Here's your purse with the compliments of the Sneering Wanker at the Star&Garter."

You're right, I must really hate you both. Any lesser man would have just said "here's your purse, thanks for calling me a wanker, now get he f*ck out". I'm such a humourless twat, me.

I don't know why Paul has been banned again just for going against what 'S&G' was saying, which I found quite refreshing seen as though every one else just bums him.

So you think what I was saying was quite refreshing? Thanks!

But now I'm being blamed for Paul being banned from this website. It's not my website or the Star&Garters' website, sorry, so take that up with the moderator. I can only say that myself and Paul have discussed this site numerous times in the past, mostly after he had a fight in the Star&Garter with someone over some name-calling on this very Message Board (I am not joking - these were two grown men). I agreed with him that, having seen some of the bloody awful posts and pictures about him in the past, it really was best avoided. As for the last bit - you really REALLY don't like being disagreed with, do you?

At least Paul knows how to look after his customers and I know that I will always be welcomed and valued at 'Maladjusted'. I know you will always get full capacity at The Star and Garter so you don't really need to be nice to your customers, but come on..it takes more muscles to frown than smile!
That is all for now.

Is this Paul or Overdraught you're talking about? Paul is the promoter and DJ at Maladjusted, he is not responsible for overseeing the door entry and he will not be responsible in any way for policing the smoking ban. Until you know what Overdraughts policy on smoking outside the building is going to be then you really shouldn't tell everyone what you think it should be or you may be really disappointed. And I'm always nice to my customers - I return lost purses, remember? I make people on the guest list who arrive to a full house and a queue wait at the back of the queue. I turn away groups of people who try to queue jump "because we work for the media". We throw out blokes who hit girls - even girls who traipse around myspace complaining of our "crackpot smoking policies". You've only now decided (having lifted the quote from Sour Grapes message) that you're undervalued at the Star&Garter, and why? Because of the smoking ban and because of every message and reply I've typed on here which hasn't resorted to swearing at you or insulting you or any of your friends. That's the rub. That's what really annoys people most of all. And I do it all without a degree to my name. And you know what? I have to confess I'm proud as hell about that.

I don't leave messages on here telling people how wonderful the Morrissey Smiths Disco is because that's just poxy arrogance. I just list the details and, occasionally, quotes from the door (from real people just like you) as well as tips for people attending for the first time. Other than that I'm a great believer in letting people decide for themselves. That's what makes a good night a great night - sorry if not being able to smoke inside the building is going to spoil that for you, but I didn't decide that. And neither did Overdraught. But they, like me, have to adhere to it. I've never said I wasn't sympathetic to anyone who wants to smoke and this has never been some kind of ego trip whatsoever - it's always been about me stating the facts. The sympathy for people wanting to smoke can only go as far as letting them smoke outside the building, and it'll be the same everywhere else. But, just like the people who go to the bank, or to make a phone call or to have a domestic then you'll have to join any queue outside to get back in. This policy has been in place for FOUR YEARS. And remember - if I was the money grabbing egomaniac that everyone has decided that I am, then why would I let potential paying custom stand outside?

And I only smile when it's worth smiling, or when I'm flagging a taxi for one of our customers, undervalued or otherwise, cos any other smile is wasted.

Read this if you haven't already and then tell me the policy is wrong;

http://forums.morrissey-solo.com/showthread.php?t=73905

Last edited:
Hey Lloyd I'm Ready To Be Heartbroken!!!

Thats it for me I'm never coming again (mind you I only came once) I'm going to find a Morrisey/Smiths disco that you can smoke in. How are the smoking laws in Sweden nowadays?

Seriously I'm a smoker and I find the smoking ban a tad tiresome but THATS LIFE. Its here now and it ain't going to go away. Its all a big hoo-hah about nothing really. I speak from limited experience.
Utimately every smoker seems to be abiding by the new laws in Ireland, Scotland, Northern Ireland and Wales so I think you can safely say that this will happen in England too.

As for the SnG smoking policy if thats their policy thats their policy.
Its not like Manchester doesn't have a few choices of nighttime hostelries where one will probably be able to go outside for a ciggie. This happens at gigs here already. You're warned if you go out for a fag you can't come back in. Most folks are living with it.

And you learn to get used to it even when not being permitted to go outside is an infringement on your human rights! False imprisonment:D:D:D

By the way judgin gfrom this thread of tabloid skullduggery and the photos of red-eyed youngsters.... I ALWAYS WANTED TO GET INTO NU-RAVE SWINGING!!!!!!!!

"Its not like Manchester doesn't have a few choices of nighttime hostelries where one will probably be able to go outside for a ciggie."

SHould have also said without queuing up to get back in!

Thank you for the support!

There's not always a queue (only a few months out of the year usually) and if someone walks out for a cig and the street is empty then they'll be first to get back in, even if someone turns up after the smoker has gone outside. Anyway, I'm sticking to my revolving door theory.

Interesting - how do you know "sour grapes" is male? I'm sure a woman could have written something as long worded and long sentenced as "sour grapes" did. Even though it was essentially just a plug for Maladjusted - a night which, Sister Steve, I am led to believe you reported as being "not a patch on the Star&Garter night".

Any mention of 'Maladjusted' was tagged on the end of my post, which was tagged on the end of an "out of date" thread, or dead thread if you prefer (or so I thought, as did you yourself), and was made in context, and not designed to "plug" the event, as, I'm sure, you're reporting of a remark someone may or may not have overheard couldn't be construed as a childish attempt to belittle 'Maladjusted' in favour of "the other place".
You may be surprised to learn that the breadth of my ambitions for 'Maladjusted' stretches way beyond being mentioned in the 160th post on a dead thread on the SoLow site.

I can only say that myself and Paul have discussed this site numerous times in the past, mostly after he had a fight in the Star&Garter with someone over some name-calling on this very Message Board (I am not joking - these were two grown men).

No, I had a fight with someone who was shouting in my face and threatening me IN YOUR PUB, which no one did anything about, even though it was in full view, and earshot, of the doorstaff, of which you were one, so, being a "grown man", I took exception to this, which isn't so peculiar I don't think.
So please, kindly refrain from making slanderous remarks about me, or even mentioning me at all, on this website.
I sent you an email some days ago, which you haven't responded to, but which contained everything I had to say to you.
Now, if you have no response, which is the response I'd prefer to be frank, then all well and good, but otherwise I'd prefer it if you behaved like a civilised adult and addressed me directly via email, rather than airing your dirty linen on a public forum, which really is most unbecoming.

Last edited:
The only reason Paul's post makes sense to you is that its the only one that agrees withs you.

So there's no chance it simply makes sense? That the policy about to be implemented by the S&G regarding smokers is ill-concieved and misguided? Well we'll just have to bow to your superior wisdom on that one then.

And the only reason he's agreeing with you is to try and poach as many S&G customers as possible for his own night- despite him supposedly setting the night up to complement the S&G night and not compete with it.

So there's no chance that I'm simply voicing my own opinion? please don't try and attribute to me any base and vulgar motives that have sprung from your own feverish imagination.
You don't seem to have grasped the whole "poaching" concept at all. How could I "poach" customers from an event that takes place two or three weeks beforehand on a different night of the week?
Perhaps if I had decided to hold 'Maladjusted' (sorry for publicising the night again) on the first friday of the month your allegation would have some credibility, as it is it just sounds like a rather desperate slur from a person with genuine ulterior motives.

Paul's banning from this forum has absolutely nothing to do with this topic but is down to his past behaviour on here. Which makes a mockery of his attacks on the attitude of the S&G poster and his 'holier-than-thou' persona.

Again with the character assassination. It's no secret that I've been involved in a long running dispute with the owner of this website. The real issues relating to that were lost in clouds of obfuscation long ago, but suffice to say, I only ever responded to provocation and tried to defend myself from the type of baseless allegations and downright lies which I was the subject of.
This story is old, but it goes on.

And telling people they 'bum' someone if they agree with them isn't helping your defence of the accusation of you being immature and childish.Yourself and Paul need to grow up a little.

Right, and your post, which amounts to a completely unneccesary attack on the character of two people you don't know, epitomises maturity and sophistication I suppose.
Perhaps you should introduce yourself to me sometime "Manchester Neil", it appears there's much I can learn from you.

The smoking ban is UK wide so just accept it. Non-smokers have had to put up with inhaling your disgusting fumes for years, not to mention waking up in the morning with our clothes reeking of smoke. If you want to carry on killing yourself you're still free to do it before and after the S&G night.

*Sigh* Your penetrating insight is wasted here.
The smoking ban is not the issue. The issue is (or was, several light years ago, before it became about me) the S&G's decision to make smokers stand in the queue, instead of simply re-admitting them when they choose to re-enter the building and occupy the space they paid for.
I'd have thought someone as knowledgeable as you might have grasped that by now.
The challenge to that ruling was legitimate in my view, even if the "i'm alright jack cos i don't smoke so I couldn't care less" brigade would have you think otherwise.
Why would a non-smoker even concern themselves with it anyway ?
They've been catered for by the governments ruling, and passing of the law, so why interfere in a matter that shouldn't concern them? I'm sure you have some thoughts on the matter, but I think we'd all be obliged if, just for once, you kept them to yourself.

The S&G has provided a special night for Smiths and Moz fans for years and both yourself and Paul have enjoyed yourself many, many times there. Therefore, I think its a bit sad that you're now attacking someone who has provided something that nobody else in Manchester would previously consider doing.

I think you mean the DJ/promoter, who hires the venue and is solely responsible for the entertainment provided, deserves credit. If so, then you'd be right, but as S&G has made clear, they have nothing to do with the Smiths night. Still, you're entitled to your opinion, such as it is.

Your boycotting of the S&G night is harming no one but yourselves. Its doesn't affect the S&G and we all know both you and Paul would have been gutted at missing last Friday. SisterSteve - you need to just kiss and make up with Andy at the S&G as you both know its just a squabble that has got out of hand. I'm sure S&G would be happy to see you on the 6th July.

There are 'behind the scenes' issues that you may be unaware of, and which are none of your business anyway, which have soured the whole S&G/Smiths night experience for me. I had many good nights there, but all things must pass. Thanks for your concern, but no, I don't recall feeling "gutted" at any point during friday evening, at least not regarding my non-attendance of the event in question anyway.

Paul - you're coming across a pretty pathetic individual. Which is a shame because in person you appear to be a really nice guy.

So, presumably you've met me in the "real" world, and presumably I was "nice" to you, yet that didn't deter you from attacking me, on a public forum, and in such a vulgar fashion, because I contributed to a debate, in a reasoned and coherent manner?
And this somehow makes ME "a pathetic individual"?
*shakes head*
btw Please feel free to make further unwarranted attacks on my integrity, for, as you know, the site owner doesn't afford me the courtesy of being able to defend myself here, which is how my reputation became tarnished on this site in the first place.
He has publicy stated here that it's open season on me, forever, so any insinuations, allegations, accusations or deliberate lies regarding or about me, will be displayed here and feed the myth that you so obviously have bought into, even though you thought I was "nice" when you met me.
I think you should learn to trust your instincts.

Oh and please don't take any of this personally, for as is always the case, I have no idea who you are and know nothing about you, even though, as is always the case with my detractors here, you appear to know everything about me (or everything you've read on this site at least, which is not quite the same thing).

Last edited:
Any mention of 'Maladjusted' was tagged on the end of my post, which was tagged on the end of an "out of date" thread, or dead thread if you prefer (or so I thought, as did you yourself),

It was, and still is, but I stated the thread so I'll keep replying to any response which serves to criticise (and that's putting it politely) me and my business.

and was made in context, and not designed to "plug" the event, as, I'm sure, you're reporting of a remark someone may or may not have overheard couldn't be construed as a childish attempt to belittle 'Maladjusted' in favour of "the other place".

If you read back over what you wrote, you'll find it quite clear that naming the venue and night it was on can and would be construed as a plug in anyone's book. As for "the remark" - I didn't overhear that. It was something Sister Steve said to me, so that's matter between you and her. And I've never belittled Paul or Maladjusted. Competition is good. It makes us work harder. 15 years of the Smiths Night and 14 years of Smile are testament to it.

You may be surprised to learn that the breadth of my ambitions for 'Maladjusted' stretches way beyond being mentioned in the 160th post on a dead thread on the SoLow site.

Yes, three years. Paul told me that at the door - "people have talked about another Morrissey Smiths Disco for three years and never done a thing about it so I decided to" is exactly what he said. He then continued - "I'm not cashing in on the night, but I just think there should be more than one of these (Morrissey Smiths Disco) nights a month". Of course failing quite spectacularly to see the contradiction he had made. He also confessed "I'll admit I'm a Morrissey saddo who only goes out to Morrissey related nights, but once a month isn't enough" and how "Saddo and Maladjusted could mean the same thing". We had a laugh about it all actually. He shook my hand and went back in for a dance when some more customers arrived and he shook my hand when he left, as he usually does.

S&G
"I can only say that myself and Paul have discussed this site numerous times in the past, mostly after he had a fight in the Star&Garter with someone over some name-calling on this very Message Board (I am not joking - these were two grown men)."

No, I had a fight with someone who was shouting in my face and threatening me IN YOUR PUB, which no one did anything about, even though it was in full view, and earshot, of the doorstaff, of which you were one, so, being a "grown man", I took exception to this, which isn't so peculiar I don't think.
So please, kindly refrain from making slanderous remarks about me, or even mentioning me at all, on this website.

Rubbish. After a bit of shouting along the lines of "you/me/Morrissey-Solo/names/how dare you" Paul began to have a fight with Hugh and approximately one half hearted punch was thrown before they were separated and Paul left the building. Hugh was kept in the building because he was afraid Paul was outside waiting for him. I've discussed with Paul and Hugh since the incident took place and both have apologise and accepted how utterly stupid their behaviour was.

If you'd care to click on the link below you'll see exactly how Paul and Hugh "explained" themselves via the old Star&Garter message board.

http://www.starandgarter.co.uk/star2/board/message.asp?TopicID=1057&bandID=2

I sent you an email some days ago, which you haven't responded to, but which contained everything I had to say to you.
Now, if you have no response, which is the response I'd prefer to be frank, then all well and good, but otherwise I'd prefer it if you behaved like a civilised adult and addressed me directly via email, rather than airing your dirty linen on a public forum, which really is most unbecoming.

If I'd received an email then I would have responded. And I've behaved like nothing more than a civilised adult, unlike some people who post messages which refer to me as sneering wanker, arsehole or just plain "it" (I believe that was one of yours) which, to coin a phrase, is most unbecoming of a normally polite and decent fellow who, as he himself as agreed in person, tends to get a bit too easily wound up via the Internet.

As for dirty linen - I have none, have you? Only the zzzzz.....smoking ban.....zzzz......and the policy....zzzzz......of the queue.........zzzzzz.......is just a matter of fact.....*thud*

If you read back over what you wrote, you'll find it quite clear that naming the venue and night it was on can and would be construed as a plug in anyone's book.

If you count the wry afterthought in brackets at the end of my post(which I remember without looking anything up) where I mentioned the date of the next event, that was just me poking fun at the person who made the post I objected to, which you obviously DO count, then fair enough, it's a fair cop guv.

Yes, three years. Paul told me that at the door - "people have talked about another Morrissey Smiths Disco for three years and never done a thing about it so I decided to" is exactly what he said. He then continued - "I'm not cashing in on the night, but I just think there should be more than one of these (Morrissey Smiths Disco) nights a month". Of course failing quite spectacularly to see the contradiction he had made.

OK, I never realised you were recording everything I said with the intention of broadcasting it over the internet, but each to their own. So where's the contradiction? I started the night to give myself and other kindred spirits somewhere to go while we were waiting for the next S&G Smiths night, and that was the motivating factor, so if you'd kindly keep your grubby speculations to yourself regarding my motives, I'd appreciate it.

He also confessed "I'll admit I'm a Morrissey saddo who only goes out to Morrissey related nights, but once a month isn't enough" and how "Saddo and Maladjusted could mean the same thing". We had a laugh about it all actually. He shook my hand and went back in for a dance when some more customers arrived and he shook my hand when he left, as he usually does.

I think the word you're looking for is "joked', rather than "confessed". You said "saddo" and maladjusted could mean the same thing, I just laughed along benevolently.

Rubbish. After a bit of shouting along the lines of "you/me/Morrissey-Solo/names/how dare you" Paul began to have a fight with Hugh and approximately one half hearted punch was thrown before they were separated and Paul left the building. Hugh was kept in the building because he was afraid Paul was outside waiting for him. I've discussed with Paul and Hugh since the incident took place and both have apologise and accepted how utterly stupid their behaviour was.

Why do you have to name names? That's not particularly charitable is it.
Hugh and I have indeed settled our differences since then, but he will agree that what I said was true. yes, the "fight" was broken up almost immediately, wherupon I didn't simply leave, I was asked to leave, which I accepted, seeing as I had thrown the first punch, albeit under extreme provocation.
It really is the act of a petty and vindictive nature to rake all this up.

If I'd received an email then I would have responded. And I've behaved like nothing more than a civilised adult, unlike some people who post messages which refer to me as sneering wanker, arsehole or just plain "it" (I believe that was one of yours) which, to coin a phrase, is most unbecoming of a normally polite and decent fellow who, as he himself as agreed in person, tends to get a bit too easily wound up via the Internet.

Well you were emailed. Check the 'enquiries@star&garter' account, which is the same account from which you have emailed me in the past.
And once again you are attempting to misrepresent me by saying I referred to you as "it". It's clear that what I meant was S&G=they/them/he/it, meaning the S&G personnel collectively, you personally, or "it" as a building or an entity in itself.
And getting "wound up by the internet" is simply shorthand which means that I find rude, spiteful, deceitful and vindictive people who attack me online, quite irritating, as I'm sure most rational people would.

Oh and as for "cashing in on your success", which is what you accused me of doing when you found out about 'Maladjusted'. As I said at the time, I'm "cashing in" on Morrissey's popularity if anything. It would have never occured to me to say "I'm not cashing in on th (S&G) night", they were your words not mine. It's a funny thing, selective memory, don't you think?

Now I think it would be more dignified all round to continue this via email, if indeed there's anything left to say.

Last edited:
If you count the wry afterthought in brackets at the end of my post(which I remember without looking anything up) where I mentioned the date of the next event, that was just me poking fun at the person who made the post I objected to, which you obviously DO count, then fair enough, it's a fair cop guv.

OK, I never realised you were recording everything I said with the intention of broadcasting it over the internet, but each to their own. So where's the contradiction? I started the night to give myself and other kindred spirits somewhere to go while we were waiting for the next S&G Smiths night, and that was the motivating factor, so if you'd kindly keep your grubby speculations to yourself regarding my motives, I'd appreciate it.

I didn't record anything, I just remembered it without looking anything up. We both laughed about it. I speculated about nothing.

I think the word you're looking for is "joked', rather than "confessed". You said "saddo" and maladjusted could mean the same thing, I just laughed along benevolently.

No, I asked why you didn't call your night "Saddo" and you said they could mean the same thing.

Why do you have to name names? That's not particularly charitable is it.
Hugh and I have indeed settled our differences since then, but he will agree that what I said was true. yes, the "fight" was broken up almost immediately, wherupon I didn't simply leave, I was asked to leave, which I accepted, seeing as I had thrown the first punch, albeit under extreme provocation.
It really is the act of a petty and vindictive nature to rake all this up.

Yes it was broken up immediately. In your last post you said I stood and did nothing. And I didn't rake up any details - you did that in the same post.

Well you were emailed. Check the 'enquiries@star&garter' account, which is the same account from which you have emailed me in the past.
And once again you are attempting to misrepresent me by saying I referred to you as "it". It's clear that what I meant was S&G=they/them/he/it, meaning the S&G personnel collectively, you personally, or "it" as a building or an entity in itself.
And getting "wound up by the internet" is simply shorthand which means that I find rude, spiteful, deceitful and vindictive people who attack me online, quite irritating, as I'm sure most rational people would.

I have never attacked you online. Certainly not in the way that, in the past, you have been attacked.

Oh and as for "cashing in on your success", which is what you accused me of doing when you found out about 'Maladjusted'. As I said at the time, I'm "cashing in" on Morrissey's popularity if anything. It would have never occured to me to say "I'm not cashing in on th (S&G) night", they were your words not mine. It's a funny thing, selective memory, don't you think?

No, I said that some people would see it as cashing in seeing as your target audience would be made up of people who go to the S&G night and so are easy to promote the night to.

Now I think it would be more dignified all round to continue this via email, if indeed there's anything left to say.

Have done while you were typing all of the above.

Inner sanctum eh. With all due respect mate, i had my first S&G night on Friday, and it was easy to see who you were. Standing like the king of the mountain, desperate to be the centre of attention. Then the pictures went up on here and confirmed that the arrogance was you.

This row is pathetic. Smokers want to smoke. Non-smokers don't care. A venue has to uphold the law, but should have some sympathy for its clients...ALL of them.

This isn't even about the smoking ban - it's just an excuse for a few pathetic people to start a row, try and sound witty, and inflate their own ego. the sad thing is, i can guaratee that anyone who has read this post and never been to the Smiths/Moz night, will probably not want to go now. I'm not planning a return visit. But, as long as the inner sanctum isn't affected, all is well.......

Did you even try talking to me on friday to find out what i am really like, or are you just basing my whole persona on a bunch of wind up posts against Steph who is in fact a mate and talk to outside of the whole Moz thing and within it? If you had been coming for a few more times you would notice that i always go to have a dance and enjoy the night, not to show off and inflate some imaginary ego trip that i am now suddenly on down the place. I had been to a gig before i walked in at 11 so i was already pie eyed, and i thought the whole point of having a few beers was to enjoy yourself and relax from the weeks work? It just happens that i like The Smiths and Morrissey and wanted to have a dance on the 'Disco'. Another reason why i dance on stage is often because there is no room on the dancefloor.

I always say to the new people on here to say hello and have a bit of banter,always good to see new faces down the place. And that is not me trying to be Mr Popular, it's purely making people feel friendly and help them enjoy the night, with it being a social occasion. Say hello at the next one seeing you recognise me and see if the above view changes, i'm pretty harmless to be honest :)

Finally, for the reasons above, there is no inner sanctum, it is a myth. FFS it is a night out at a pub. If you make the effort to say hello then you might meet a whole new crowd of genuinely nice, friendly, normal people who are not trying to be people who they aren't, they are just appreciating the music they like and having a good time.

I've kept personal insults out of this as it is pointless, i just hope that maybe you consider coming back and make the effort to say hello, and maybe you might chage your view about people in there. Maybe you won't, but deciding what people are, after watching them from afar and not saying one word to them is rather bizarre. I blame Big Brother :p

Issues for Tony Blair to resolve before retiring as PM:

1. Northern Ireland - get the proddies and the catholics to love each other.
2. Palistine and Israel - arrange one big 'love in' in Jerusalem.
3. The Shi-ites and Sunnys and the whole of Iraq - to love one another and all things America whilst drinking Budweiser and eating a Big Mac together.
4. Bring peace in our time down at the S&G. :eek:

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom