Doors open at 9pm
There is no admittance after 12.30am
The night ends at 2.30am
There are no advance tickets on sale, just turn up and pay at the door

Speaking of which - turn up as early as possible if you want to guarantee entry
Once the building is full we operate a one-in-one-out policy
Queue time can be more than two hours

Stuff to remember:

The Star and Garter does not have a cash machine or offer cashback.
We do not accept payment by cheque or credit/debit card.
It's a great idea to visit a cash machine before you arrive rather than arriving, in a taxi for instance, and then having to walk all the way back to Piccadilly Railway Station to withdraw some money.
We have as much idea as people stood in a queue have about how long they might possibly be stood in a queue.
You cannot pay in advance for someone who is going to arrive late.
Regardless of how far you may claim to have travelled on the night, you will still have to join any queue to get in if the building is full.
You may be asked to produce photo ID to gain entry (Drivers Licence or Passport only).
Finally - it's the last Morrissey Smiths Disco before the smoking ban on July 1st!

Here we go again...

Finally - it's the last Morrissey Smiths Disco before the smoking ban on July 1st!

What are we going to do after that? Just go out on the street at the front?
I bet you wouldn't let us back in!

Enforcing the no smoking ban on that dancefloor will be bloody hard. As much as I want to see it suceed, I'm just not sure it will...

What are we going to do after that? Just go out on the street at the front?
I bet you wouldn't let us back in!

If you leave the building for a cigarette and there's a queue outside to get in, then you'll have to join the back of the queue to get back in.

Enforcing the no smoking ban on that dancefloor will be bloody hard. As much as I want to see it suceed, I'm just not sure it will...

Anyone smoking anywhere in the building when the law changes and the ban starts will be going home early to enjoy as many cigarettes as they like.

We really don't think it's too much to ask even a weak-willed smoker to do without a cigarette for five and a half hours (if they arrive at 9pm and stay until the end). Waiting is hardly going to kill them any sooner.

We really don't think it's too much to ask even a weak-willed smoker to do without a cigarette for five and a half hours (if they arrive at 9pm and stay until the end). Waiting is hardly going to kill them any sooner.

Exactly :)
Five and a half hours? Not long is it?
How long do these addicts have to go without a fix of nicotine when flying from the UK to the Canaries, Greek Islands, USA? etc etc:eek:

I shall be flogging nicotine patches at a 'reasonable rate' on the night, meet me downstairs by the pool table on entry..... :D:D

Jukebox Jury

If you leave the building for a cigarette and there's a queue outside to get in, then you'll have to join the back of the queue to get back in.

Are you having a tin bath????????????

Obviously you don't agree with smoking or whatever but just have a thought for the addicts out there, I didn't mean to get addicted it just happened and now there is no way that I can wait all night...5 and a half hours to have a cigarette!! I often go 5 and a half hours without smoking, days on end sometimes but not when I'm drinking as soon as I have a sip of alcohol I want a fag! And don't tell me to stop drinking too :mad::mad::mad:

This is the worst news ever...maybe I'll go to that wedding after all....

Are you having a tin bath????????????
I often go 5 and a half hours without smoking, days on end sometimes but not when I'm drinking as soon as I have a sip of alcohol I want a fag!

So what would you do on a plane when the trolley comes down the aisle with the duties frees?? :confused:

Jukebox Jury

When the f*** do I ever go on a plane???

I'm going to Germany in Septemvber, but the journey is like an hour..I think I can handle that. The longest journey I ever do is Huddersfield- Manchester around 30-40 minutes.

Honestly you won't be laughing when you have two very drunk, very angry and very grumpy girls on your hand after they haven't had their nicotine fix for 5 hours, it doesn't even bear thinking about! :mad::mad::mad:

Noting the one in one out policy when it gets to capacity can i ask how often this actually happens and by what time on average ?

I am a reasonably regular visitor but I will not be able to make it before about 10.30pm on this occasion . Its a £50 or so cab ride away from me so its a gamble if I am not going to get it. If I get there for 10.30 what are the realistic chances of being locked out ? I normally get there around 9pm any other time.

It's not just the hour on the plane though is it?
An hour before in the airport and the 30 mins or whatever once the plane lands and before you get your bags.:eek:

As for being in the presence of 2 angry, grumpy etc etc women at the S&G, I can cope, it'll remind me of when I was married :D

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
Noting the one in one out policy when it gets to capacity can i ask how often this actually happens and by what time on average ?

I am a reasonably regular visitor but I will not be able to make it before about 10.30pm on this occasion . Its a £50 or so cab ride away from me so its a gamble if I am not going to get it. If I get there for 10.30 what are the realistic chances of being locked out ? I normally get there around 9pm any other time.

When the students have gone home to their mummies, it is usually not full. The July / August and September ones come to mind as locals are on holiday too. June is hard to say, lots of students have fled the city - some still remain so it is a tough call and I wouldn't like to think you come over on my say so and dont get in! Though I think you will be alright.

Also, England are playing Brazil on Friday and it's on TV so a few may stay out to watch that in a pub somewhere, getting to the S&G around 10.30pm ish.

Jukebox Jury

Last edited:
For f***s sake, ok smart arse, it's more than an hour..but as I said before IF YOU WERE PAYING ATTENTION...I can go hours without having a cigarette as long as I am not drinking. So I shall wait until I get to Deutschland before I drink and smoke I think I can just about handle that. It is a totally different situation, one of the things about being a smoker and trying to give up smoking is that you have a little smoking routine, you smoke at certain places and in different situations such as waiting for a bus, after a meal, having a drink. As I've been smoking and going to clubs for five years, I am used to smoking in clubs and so it will be really hard to adjust to the change.As I have only been on a plane a couple of times in my life, it is not a situation in which I feel I need to smoke. You may mock us, but unless you have ever been addicted to nicotine then you won't understand what it's like to have this thing have a hold over you and you actually have to smoke, there is no way that you can't.

And you haven't seen me and Lizzy drunk and angry, just ask Dan who goes there and make sure there aren't any DVDs around hahaha!

I don't think you should go, I don't think anyone should go anymore on the grounds of them discriminating against smokers and generally being MEAN!

one of the things about being a smoker and trying to give up smoking is that you have a little smoking routine, you smoke at certain places and in different situations such as waiting for a bus, after a meal, having a drink.

Do you smoke straight after sex? :confused::eek::D

Jukebox Jury

Back
Top Bottom