The Morrissey Plays contest - San Francisco Theater Pub (Jan. 2016) - open for suggestions / submiss

Sushi sends the link:

The Morrissey Plays contest - San Francisco Theater Pub

Excerpt:

Playwright Submission Oppportunities:

San Francisco Theater Pub is pleased to announce that our popular PINT-SIZED PLAYS event will be returning for a sixth year but first, right now, we are accepting script submissions from playwrights for THE MORRISSEY PLAYS.

Disappointed? That’s fine. MORRISSEY doesn’t need your love. Yours, or anybody else’s.

Conceived by head writer/director Stuart Bousel (from an idea by Nirmala Nataraj),THE MORRISSEY PLAYS is an evening of short plays that take place in a bar and involve people drinking heavily and talking about MORRISSEY, and/or living the way MORRISSEY would want them to live, if he wanted anything from anybody. Which he doesn’t. The 2016 MORRISSEY PLAYS will happen January 18, 19, 25, and 26 at PianoFight in downtown San Francisco. Because PianoFight is where Theater Pub performs and because January is the saddest month of the year.

...* Submission deadline is midnight Pacific time, October 25, 2015. Midnight is the time which suits MORRISSEY best because wistful sighs are loudest at midnight, and the light that shines from your window as MORRISSEY stares longingly at it from the shadows has the highest contrast. Selected plays will be announced in November “Spawned A Monster” 2015. (please note: MORRISSEY is the monster).

When Penguin turned down my plays because I "wrote too bizarre", who knew I'd later be blessed with such a golden opportunity?

Well...I've always known my 15 minutes of fame would be alcohol-related...

The prize doesn't sound too big. :(

* Selected playwrights will receive a small stipend and the opportunity to have their play produced by San Francisco Theater Pub for four performances in January. Small stipends may also be cups of tears.

When Penguin turned down my plays because I "wrote too bizarre", who knew I'd later be blessed with such a golden opportunity?

Well...I've always known my 15 minutes of fame would be alcohol-related...

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom