The Mission calls it a day on March 1st 2008

The Seeker of Good Songs

http://www.side-line.com/news_comments.php?id=26848_0_2_0_C

Although some hoped that Hussey's October 12th statement would just be a bad dream, it has now become clear that he Mission will be no more after March 1st 2008, when the band will have played their final cncert in London at the Shepherds Bush Empire venue. Wayne Hussey, who announced his decision on the official Mission website, says that with their 10th studio album "God is a Bullet" "(they) go out with (their) heads held high and secure in the knowledge that (their) final album is a real goodie."

Regarding the future Hussey had this to say: "I would really like to be able to go into my studio to write and makenew music without thinking ‘How can I make this work for The Mission?’ (...) I just feel it’s time for me to try something new. I’m not gonna say I’ll never come back to The Mission because, as you know, this has happened before back in the mid 90’s and I may well want a return to doing this again after a sabbatical. Who knows? I certainly don’t at this point."

Singer, Guitarist and frontman of The Mission, Wayne Hussey formed The Mission with Craig Adams, Simon Hinkler and Mick Brown in 1985 after leaving The Sisters of Mercy. The band's final recording was the download only single "Blush" featuring previously unreleased tracks and remixes. Set to coincide with the release of "God Is A Bullet" on Cooking Vinyl, Mercury records reissued the first three Mission albums as enhanced CDs complete with bonus tracks as we reported a few months ago

Sad news! I really loved The Mission from the beginning till today. The last album is really great. I went to the show in Herford, Germany, this may.

They're a decent band, nothing to get all upset over. Thanks for the info. They'll somehow "reunite" in a few years, when they all need $$$, all bands do.

Back
Top Bottom