the middle east

wolve

the sad punk
surprised no one has already posted something about this. What's your opinion on the matter between Israel and Lebanon? Is there reason to be frightened? Do you agree with the steps your own gouvernement is taking?

to get into war because an independent terrorist organization kidnapped two of your soldiers is unbelievable. But then again, irresponsible and irrational actions committed by Israel do not surprise me anymore.

Sure i guess things get frustrating for everyone involved--on both sides. But still. Israel, you are supposed to be a government, act like one.

But i think Israel jsut wanted a reason to start a war...i'm sure they got US's backing. the objective is for US to get involed in a war with Syria and/or Iran. They can't possibly go in themselves comnsidering Iraq, not to mention they jsut don't ave a good enough reason to start a war. however, if Israel gets involved, the US will jsut back them with money and equipment (they already do that)...not to mention they can join in and say, "our 'friends' need our help".

I think it's blown out of proportion by Israel. they attacked mostly innocent instead of Hezbollah. those soldiers must be dead by now.With America backing them they'll get away with it.

Israel has one of the best Intelligence agencies in the world Mossad.

They will know where Hezbollah are and dont need to drop bombs all over the Lebanon. They are both as bad as each other but in the eyes of the world Israel can do no wrong which is very worrying.

Can you imagine the outcry if the British flattened an Irish village because the IRA had taken 2 British soldiers prisoner? We would be the outcasts of the world, yet Israel can do it. I feel very sorry for the Lebanese people tonight.

Yes, what Israel is doing is deplorable, but, erm, just give back the soldiers, Hizbollah. That seems like the most logical thing to do. Unless, of course, they're dead. The UN needs to intervene soon as, judging from the past, Israel won't end their campaign until an outside force steps in.

Right Whinger said:

They will know where Hezbollah are and dont need to drop bombs all over the Lebanon. They are both as bad as each other but in the eyes of the world Israel can do no wrong which is very worrying.

Can you imagine the outcry if the British flattened an Irish village because the IRA had taken 2 British soldiers prisoner? We would be the outcasts of the world, yet Israel can do it. I feel very sorry for the Lebanese people tonight.

Agreed. yes, Hezbollah did start the flame. But couldn't Isreal be a bit more effective in dropping their bombs. Gee. Over 99 ppl got killed and most of them civilians. That will cause a stir, and understandable. Why drop bombs in the 1st place. use hitmen. And of course Bush was defending Israel yesterday. No wonder since the Jewish lobby is the biggest on in the States after the weapons-. It sure looks like they'll get away with it. And to think I always supporting them, up until this point that is.

This is one mess I wish the U.S. would just stay out of. We don't have a dog in this fight. This also a fight I just don't understand. My father is Labanese and claims there is no solution to this mess.

Seasick said:
This is one mess I wish the U.S. would just stay out of. We don't have a dog in this fight. This also a fight I just don't understand. My father is Labanese and claims there is no solution to this mess.

Does your father has family there? if yes, how are they?

without taking sides, i feel sadness for the innocent people. People should be left to live in peace, happiness, and be able to enjoy the good things in life. If we could only weed out the bad seeds

Tex said:
without taking sides, i feel sadness for the innocent people. People should be left to live in peace, happiness, and be able to enjoy the good things in life. If we could only weed out the bad seeds

You read my mind, Tex.

I hate politics but I must say: most of you are being brainwashed by those CNN, Sky News etc. so that you don't even close to the real facts that happening on the surface, to the real motives and actions, and frankly, to the truth.
If you think that Israel's actions are "disproportional", well, think again. It's easy to sit on the sofa far away from here, and analyse the situation. Well, when Katyusha rockets rains 200 meters near you, and you feel them, hear them, see them and find out that 8 Israeli innocent people were killed by one of them, just because they woke up in the morning and went to work - then I wonder what would you feel then.

Terrorism must be pulled out from its roots, cause now it's Israel - tomorrow is your country. I wonder if you knew that the Israeli Army warns the Lebanise civillians enough time before every attack, so that they can get away from the terrorists nests, in order NOT to hurt innocent people, but to destroy Hizbullah facilities and tettorists.
Well, let's see..that crazy terrorist woke up one day and started kidnapping soldiers and shoot rockets on houses in Israel, without any cause (to remind you, Israel got out from Lebanise border and from Lebanon 6 years ago. Hizbullah took this advantage and armoured itself to death) did something like that?the contrary..

Next time, think of the whole picture, and if you dunno the facts, you can ask me. Unfortunatelly (or maybe fortunatelly?) I was born, raised and will probably die here.

Hope that this whole mess will end soon,
Peace.

Last edited:
JeanneDarc said:
Does your father has family there? if yes, how are they?

I do have relatives there, but I've never met any of them. My grandmother (90 years old) and her sister live in LA with my uncle, thank goodness.

Mr_Shankly, as I said, I don't claim to know, only you can truely know. We only get what's filtered to us by our media. I do know your people have historically been picked on and pushed around for many years. I wish you the best.

WhyteGrrrl said:
You read my mind, Tex.

thanks Ms Whyte :)

Mr Shankly
I would not presume to understand from the Israeli nor the Lebanese perspective. I do understand Hezbollah is a terrorist organization. What to do? Its a no win situation......innocents are always caught in the middle.
Good luck to you and your family.

Mr_Shankly said:
I hate politics but I must say: most of you are being brainwashed by those CNN, Sky News etc. so that you don't even close to the real facts that happening on the surface, to the real motives and actions, and frankly, to the truth.
If you think that Israel's actions are "disproportional", well, think again. It's easy to sit on the sofa far away from here, and analyse the situation. Well, when Katyusha rockets rains 200 meters near you, and you feel them, hear them, see them and find out that 8 Israeli innocent people were killed by one of them, just because they woke up in the morning and went to work - then I wonder what would you feel then.

Terrorism must be pulled out from its roots, cause now it's Israel - tomorrow is your country. I wonder if you knew that the Israeli Army warns the Lebanise civillians enough time before every attack, so that they can get away from the terrorists nests, in order NOT to hurt innocent people, but to destroy Hizbullah facilities and tettorists.
Well, let's see..that crazy terrorist woke up one day and started kidnapping soldiers and shoot rockets on houses in Israel, without any cause (to remind you, Israel got out from Lebanise border and from Lebanon 6 years ago. Hizbullah took this advantage and armoured itself to death) did something like that?the contrary..

Next time, think of the whole picture, and if you dunno the facts, you can ask me. Unfortunatelly (or maybe fortunatelly?) I was born, raised and will probably die here.

Hope that this whole mess will end soon,
Peace.
No offence, Mr. Shankly, but if anyone isn't aware of the whole situation, it would be the person in the country that's involved. No one inside a country at war gets the full picture. Hizbollah are a disgrace, but Israel is committing a number of human rights violations. For the most balanced information, one should look to organisations like Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International.

This is only going to get worse and probably going to last a while. I think western countries will keep their distance and let them fight among themselves.

dazzak said:
No offence, Mr. Shankly, but if anyone isn't aware of the whole situation, it would be the person in the country that's involved. No one inside a country at war gets the full picture. Hizbollah are a disgrace, but Israel is committing a number of human rights violations. For the most balanced information, one should look to organisations like Human Rights Watch and Amnesty International.

dear brainwashed citizens,
in addition to what shankly wrote:
i'de like to ask you a question. when someone comes and push you to the wall takes out a gun and aim at you, what would you do?
not push him back although he can fall on,let's say, a glassed roof and fall over people and hurt them?

lebanon is an independent state, with an independed army. lebanon addopted hizballa to here laps, let hizballa grow within the country, let iran sent air-trained weapons deliveries, lets syria finance hizballa and all with lebanon help.
israel just lived here life in the north and in the same day the UN security commitey talks with iran about iran's refusal to stop building her nuke abbilities, attacked israeli base, within israeli borders, killed soldiers and kiddnapped 2. any normal state will condem such actions and demand the returnal of those kiddnaped soldiers. but lebanon didnt.
but this wasnt the whole reason. every now and then, for the last 6 years, hizballa suddenly in a random mornings\evenings opened fire on israeli strongholds within the israeli borders.
ANY DEMOCRATIC STATE HAS THE RIGHT TO DEFEND HERSELF. therefor, in order of those actions stop, israel decided that this terror organization lasted long enough.
in any state of war, in the whole history, citizens were hurt. BUT there's a diffrence between targeting citizens and hurting, without any intention.
did you know that hizballa are launching rockets from CIVILIANS houses?
did you know that many citizens, fanatics, in the name of allah, are stayin\going on purpose to the bombing area, taking advantage of the morality of the israeli army(they go hoping the israeli army will see civillians and not bomb).

hizballah firing rockets on civilians, aiming to the centers of the cities, bombing villiges that HAS NO MILITARY STRONGHOLDS\BASES.
i can go on and on, its so hard to explain against the one sided coverage of the CNN and SKY.
this war is a result of hizballa actions and if someone attacks me without any teazing from my behalf, and i warn be4 bombing military hizballa bases that are near civilians areas, its my right.

hoping for peace anyway.

eran

JeanneDarc said:
I think it's blown out of proportion by Israel. they attacked mostly innocent instead of Hezbollah. those soldiers must be dead by now.With America backing them they'll get away with it.
Where do you think Hezbollah hides their weaponry and their militants? They hide them amongst civilians. Why do you think Israel spends the time dropping leaflets to warn civilians of their next attack? Is Hezbollah warning Israel of theirs? Give me a break.

Right Whinger said:

The Lebanese people should be the ones standing up to Hezbollah. they have let Hezbollah take over their country and use it as a staging ground for terrorist activities. All of these poor poor people should start standing up for themselves and not let these terrorist groups take over their cities and countries.

Back
Top Bottom