The message of Morrissey's music

My memory of the story is he had a friend that was ill and passed away. I'm also not sure about his family being abandoned by his father. Divorce is different than "walking out". Or perhaps my understanding of the term is flawed.

I don't for a moment doubt that you read it somewhere, more facts might have been constructed to give a greater dramatic edge to the article, particularly in those early years.

Well, I was being wayward with the term "walked out", I meant he left the house and they split up.
The point is his mother and father didn't get on and his father was of the Football and pub brigade.
Morrissey always felt he had a strained relationship with his father- made even worse by the fact when Morrissey was in the Smiths his Dad would turn up drunk and try to mount the stage (at the early gigs).
His mother was left to carry the can. I didn't mean Father Moz said he was going for a packet of crisps never to return ( even though his son would use a similar technique to avoid the studio in later years).

Off Topic (quelle Surprise), once Sean Hughes (I think) was going to conduct an interview with Father Moz for TV.... Father Moz didn't turn up for the Interview (like father like son).

I remember the ill friend, yes indeed. I was tempted to Google Morrisseys Suicide Friend, but my mind shuddered at what might pop up

Last edited:
Well, I was being wayward with the term "walked out", I meant he left the house and they split up.
The point is his mother and father didn't get on and his father was of the Football and pub brigade.
Morrissey always felt he had a strained relationship with his father- made even worse by the fact when Morrissey was in the Smiths his Dad would turn up drunk and try to mount the stage (at the early gigs).
His mother was left to carry the can. I didn't mean Father Moz said he was going for a packet of crisps never to return ( even though his son would use a similar technique to avoid the studio in later years).

Off Topic (quelle Surprise), once Sean Hughes (I think) was going to conduct an interview with Father Moz for TV.... Father Moz didn't turn for the Interview.

I remember the ill friend, yes indeed. Maybe this is what happened. I was tempted to Google Morrisseys Suicide Friend, but my mind shuddered at what might pop up

I think it is important to remember that we only hear one side of things, filtered, squished and told to confirm a certain narrative. Most of what is repeated is just gossip and rumour.

I think it is also important to remember that speaking unkindly about another's family members when we don't have first hand knowledge (I know I don't, you might) can also be considered poor form. I'm not willing to speak out of turn concerning his father and their relationship on a public forum where I don't have all the facts.

Apologies if this sounds curt. It just became suddenly very uncomfortable. :)

I think it is important to remember that we only hear one side of things, filtered, squished and told to confirm a certain narrative. Most of what is repeated is just gossip and rumour.

I think it is also important to remember that speaking unkindly about another's family members when we don't have first hand knowledge (I know I don't, you might) can also be considered poor form. I'm not willing to speak out of turn concerning his father and their relationship on a public forum where I don't have all the facts.

Apologies if this sounds curt. It just became suddenly very uncomfortable. :)

Not curt, just churlish and somewhat hypocritical, in a way.
I feel this because most people including yourself (I am not attacking) come on here (a lot), read books and watch interviews for any scrap of info regarding Morrissey.
People (again including yourself ), discuss a number of things factual or other wise about Morrissey.
I don't think I have said anything that hasn't been documented before, regarding his farther.
If it was sensitive and not common knowledge I wouldn't even mention it to another person, let alone on here.
I was trying to illustrate what I meant by "walked out", you seemed to infer I meant abandoned, so I was painting a picture of what I meant with (claimed) facts that anyone can find out.

Of course, I am aware only the family members know what went on and that a story is made out of said facts.
And I am more than aware that just because Morrissey claims something, it doesn't mean it's true.
I really don't know why you felt the need to a state the obvious.

Each to ones own and no hard feelings though

Last edited:
Not curt, just churlish and somewhat hypocritical, in a way.
I feel this because most people including yourself (I am not attacking) come on here (a lot), read books and watch interviews for any scrap of info regarding Morrissey.
People (again including yourself ), discuss a number of things factual or other wise about Morrissey.
I don't think I have said anything that hasn't been documented before, regarding his farther.
If it was sensitive and not common knowledge I wouldn't even mention it to another person, let alone on here.
I was trying to illustrate what I meant by "walked out", you seemed to infer I meant abandoned, so I was painting a picture of what I meant with (claimed) facts that anyone can find out.

Of course, I am aware only the family members know what went on and that a story is made out of said facts.
And I am more than aware that just because Morrissey claims something, it doesn't mean it's true.
I really don't know why you felt the need to a state the obvious.

Each to ones own and no hard feelings though

:lbf: You have a funny way of not attacking.

Have we met? You seem to know a lot about me and what I think and done.

Fess up, you haven't been reading my diary haven't you? :lbf:

:lbf: You have a funny way of not attacking.

Have we met? You seem to know a lot about me and what I think and done.

Fess up, you haven't been reading my diary haven't you? :lbf:

Erm,
not really, a lot of us go on here for the same sort of thing- though some more than others.

Also, you don't become a Senior Member by coming on here once a year and talking about the Spice Girls

Last edited:
Erm,
not really, a lot of us go on here for the same sort of thing- though some more than others.

Also, you don't become a Senior Member by coming on here once a year and talking about the Spice Girls

Ah, there you go again, believing what you read and adding that tinge of editorial.

Have you met Kewpie? I think you two would get on like a house on fire. :thumb:

Ah, there you go again, believing what you read and adding that tinge of editorial.

Have you met Kewpie? I think you two would get on like a house on fire. :thumb:

I believe some of what I read and other things I don't- I decide via a logical approach with the claimed facts at hand - you should try it.
Odd that all I was doing was adding to a thread, then informing you what I meant by "walked out" and where I heard about the said "suicide" (which another member verified).
Suddenly you tired and failed to get on your high horse.

PS who the hell is Kewpie?

I am not going to get into a scuffle, though- too much of that goes on, on here.

As i have written all this I have done so with good humour, I don't like those emotion icons, so someone of your ilk may get confused.

Last edited:
I believe some of what I read and other things I don't- I decide via a logical approach with the claimed facts at hand - you should try it.
Odd that all I was doing was adding to a thread, then informing you what I meant by "walked out" and where I heard about the said "suicide" (which another member verified).
Suddenly you tired and failed to get on your high horse.

I am not going to get into a scuffle, though- too much off that goes on, on here.

As i have written all this I have done so with good humour, I don't like those emotion icons, so someone of your ilk may get confused.

:lbf: Oh my god, you are funny. Someone of my ilk??!?!? :laughing::rofl: Again with the supposition. I love it. Don't stop! :D

Let's talk facts shall we?

In the last approx 6 weeks you have posted close to 150 replies.
Me? 30. 35 maybe. Oh go on, I'll give you 40. I'm feeling generous. I think you are much more deserving of 'Senior Member' status.

You beat me hands down with post enthusiasm. :bow:

Go on, give us another one! You know you want to.

:lbf: Oh my god, you are funny. Someone of my ilk??!?!? :laughing::rofl: Again with the supposition. I love it. Don't stop! :D

Let's talk facts shall we?

In the last approx 6 weeks you have posted close to 150 replies.
Me? 30. 35 maybe. Oh go on, I'll give you 40. I'm feeling generous. I think you are much more deserving of 'Senior Member' status.

You beat me hands down with post enthusiasm. :bow:

Go on, give us another one! You know you want to.

Yes granted "in the last few weeks".

Stop trying to muddy the water.
You are going for a recent trend over a general trend- always a bad mistake ( I hope you are not into stocks and shares).

I have been on a number of times over the last few weeks, if you must know I am unwell and go on a number of sites until the early hours- as well as read books and watch films (of course).
Once better it will be back to business as usual. Of course the fact you felt the need to count my posts speaks volumes about you- if only you would but know it.
You are clutching at straws dear.

Anyway, I have only thrown the ball back in regards to my comments to you.
I wasn't attacking your senior member status or holding it up for ridicule, I was just saying you have an interest in Morrissey beyond the casual- like a number of us.

I will let you have the last word, it may mean more to you. Also, you have an awful Avatar- it would seem your taste is as appalling as your comprehension skills

Back
Top Bottom