"The Many Faces of The Smiths" - compilation / 3 CDs released Nov. 3, 2017

This may be old news. If so please delete. I searched but nothing came up.

Just stumbled across this on Amazon https://www.amazon.co.uk/Many-Faces...F8&qid=1511397343&sr=1-24&keywords=The+smiths

It's a compilation of sorts with some tracks by The Smiths, some covers by others, some tracks unrelated to The Smiths and some featuring Johnny Marr or Andy Rourke. Take a look https://www.elcorteingles.es/musica/A24416034-the-many-faces-of-the-smiths-3-cd/

The Boy Done Good (Feat. Johnny Marr) - Billy Bragg
Don't Stop Now (Feat. Johnny Marr) - Crowded House
Curvy (Feat. Andy Rourke & Dolores O'Riordan) - D.A.R.K.
Shirley (Feat. & Prod. By Johnny Marr) - Billy Bragg
Ever Fallen In Love (With Someone You Shouldn't 've) - Buzzcocks
Even A Child (Feat. Johnny Marr) - Crowded House
Ain't Bin To No Music School- The Nosebleeds
Steal You Away (Feat. Andy Rourke & Dolores O'Riordan) - D.A.R.K.
Kinnel Tommy - Ed Banger
My Tape's Gone - The Freshies
Does It Matter Irene - The Mothmen
I'm Going To Spain - The Fall
Psycle Sluts - John Cooper Clarke
Cranked Up Really High - Slaughter & The Dogs

Hand In Glove - The Smiths
The Boy With The Thorn On His Side - The Smiths
This Charming Man - The Smiths
Heaven Knows I'm Miserable Now - The Smiths
This Night Has Opened My Eyes - The Smiths
What Difference Does It Make? - The Smiths
Pretty Girls Make Graves - The Smiths
Miserable Lie - The Smiths
Reel Around The Fountain - The Smiths
Still Ill - The Smiths
Handsome Devil - The Smiths
Those Things Take Time - The Smiths
You've Got Everything Now - The Smiths

Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want - William Fitzsimmons
There Is A Light That Never Goes Out - Trespassers William
Shoplifters Of The World Unite - Tanya Donelly
Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Love Me - Dala
How Soon Is Now? - Mike Viola & The Section Quartet
What She Said - Katy Goodman
I Won?t Share You - Sixpence Non The Richer
What Difference Does It Make? - Joy Zipper
Reel Around The Fountain - Douf Martsch
Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others - Chikita Violenta
Panic - Kitten
Stop Me If You Think You?ve Heard This Before - The Rest
Sheila Take A Bow - Telekinesis
Hand In Glove - The Wedding Present

41524_manyfacesofthesmiths.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Pity it’s just The Smiths and not Morrissey solo, or we could’ve had Plastic Letters’ superlative cover of Tony the Pony. :(
#trulydisappointed

CD 2 appears to be the BBC Whistle Test concert show recorded at Derby Assembly Rooms in December 1983, but with the songs in a different order and the studio versions of The Boy and Heaven Knows added in.

The sound quality of the concert recordings seems OK, although The Boy sounds like it has been sourced from VHS or something. You've Got Everything Now cuts out about 30 seconds before the end, which suggests that the audio is taken from a video bootleg previously widely available (sold in supermarkets, apparently) in South America.

I wouldn't stop anyone from buying this if they want to, but it's not the best available source for the concert in terms of audio quality, and I doubt any of the artists will see any royalties. I have some FLAC files of a different version of the concert which I'll maybe post to smithstorrents in the near future.

You can hear previews of the tracks on the three CDs here.

CD 2 appears to be the BBC Whistle Test concert show recorded at Derby Assembly Rooms in December 1983, but with the songs in a different order and the studio versions of The Boy and Heaven Knows added in.

The sound quality of the concert recordings seems OK, although The Boy sounds like it has been sourced from VHS or something. You've Got Everything Now cuts out about 30 seconds before the end, which suggests that the audio is taken from a video bootleg previously widely available (sold in supermarkets, apparently) in South America.

I wouldn't stop anyone from buying this if they want to, but it's not the best available source for the concert in terms of audio quality, and I doubt any of the artists will see any royalties. I have some FLAC files of a different version of the concert which I'll maybe post to smithstorrents in the near future.

You can hear previews of the tracks on the three CDs here.

And CD 3 is a shorter version of please, please, please: a tribute to The Smiths https://www.amazon.co.uk/Please-Tribute-Smiths/dp/B0060KH7EG

I quite like Doug Martsch's (of Built to Spill) version of Reel Around The Fountain

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom