The Man City thread

Wish they could be like "the best fans ever"® Bellamy?

The fact is that City fans have launched themselves for decades now as the best fans ever saying they are better people and so on. I guess it is easy to describe oneself that way if one gets to judge oneself and not others doing it for you. On the day I just felt the City fans made themselves look very stupid and just like you have pointed out by your comment the City fans cannot even come up with their own actions and instead copied an old incident. You could tell the City fans wanted to storm the pitch and cause havoc like they were Millwall on speed but they did not have the guts to. Now we read about a sorry 21 year old with a silly girlish hat on his head apologising to the world.

In my view I'd have respect for City's firm had they indeed started a proper riot but all we saw were fat lazy mothers boys not up for it and that is I'm afraid where english football is now. These kids are raised sitting down playing computer games and the only exercise they get is a handjob from visiting websites their mother warned them not to visit. These mothers boys are not the future for the game or for the country and they are a disgrace to themselves and their club.

English fans gets killed in italian bars cause they cannot fooking fight and that worries me a lot. It is time they wised up and went out running and had a workout and dropped the drugs and alcohol and pudding and crisps and chips. We miss you old Britannia, look what your proud sons turned themselves into.

---Urbanus

Manchester City defending champions 2013 thread (2 in a row)

Following Uniteds dropped points at Spurs on Sunday, signalling the start of another meltdown by the Reds, I thought it was time to update this place with a new thread celebrating Man City defending their title from last season. Obvious to me how their big squad and machine like performances have yet again grinded all competition down for another season. City may play a quite monotone style where they attack in waves and the confidence is there for the world to see.

With just 5 points behind United and 15 games to play, City have a lot easier fixtures coming up compared to United. Even if United would do the double over City, which would be like an 8 point lead now, United still have to take 35 points from the other 14 games to win the title a point ahead of City. That simply will not happen for the reason that United so far have played way above what they really are capable of and that will not last.

Teams are lining up to beat United or take points off them and I see United dropping all or 2 points in the following remaining games:

Fulham away
Everton home
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
Chelsea home

City have just 3 difficult games left if you leave out the derby at United. They face Everton and Spurs away and play Chelsea at home. That means United have 7 tricky games to play compared to 3 for City. It is game over and the world knows it. City are defending champions 2013!

Re: Manchester City defending champions 2013 thread (2 in a row)

QPR away not being one of them
United still have to play QPR away and will not win there. I am sure that this weekend will see Fulham beat United and City beating Liverpool quite comfortably so next week the gap will be down to 4 points.

We all went though the same nonsense last season.
Predicting results is a waste of time.
The one certain in football is the uncertain.
Otherwise what's the point in watching.
42 points to play for.
A 7 point lead at this point is nothing.

Following Uniteds dropped points at Spurs on Sunday, signalling the start of another meltdown by the Reds, I thought it was time to update this place with a new thread celebrating Man City defending their title from last season. Obvious to me how their big squad and machine like performances have yet again grinded all competition down for another season. City may play a quite monotone style where they attack in waves and the confidence is there for the world to see.

With just 5 points behind United and 15 games to play, City have a lot easier fixtures coming up compared to United. Even if United would do the double over City, which would be like an 8 point lead now, United still have to take 35 points from the other 14 games to win the title a point ahead of City. That simply will not happen for the reason that United so far have played way above what they really are capable of and that will not last.

Teams are lining up to beat United or take points off them and I see United dropping all or 2 points in the following remaining games:

Fulham away
Everton home
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
Chelsea home

City have just 3 difficult games left if you leave out the derby at United. They face Everton and Spurs away and play Chelsea at home. That means United have 7 tricky games to play compared to 3 for City. It is game over and the world knows it. City are defending champions 2013!

Fulham, so thats 3 points won you thought they wouldn't get.

Shit, we're 9 points clear but I just know we will fook it up again. Still, it's been quite an entertaining season thus far even though the league is so much weaker now with so many sides that do not really deserve to play at the top flight.

---Urbanus

Fulham away
Everton home
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
Chelsea home

Ok so city NOW have three difficult games left, after there big squad didn't quite manage to grind down the team that got battered by Oldham last week.

We all went though the same nonsense last season.
Predicting results is a waste of time.
The one certain in football is the uncertain.
Otherwise what's the point in watching.
42 points to play for.
A 7 point lead at this point is nothing.

The one certain in football is Man Utd will always be on top of the Premiership or a close second!
Ditto Barca and Real Madrid.

Man City's record against Liverpool is woeful.. I think it's 2 wins in their last 20 games. The title is Manures again, the only ray of hope is the possibility of the equally detestable Real trouncing them which, given their current self-inflicted malaise, is looking unlikely.

And Mancini should do the honourable thing when they concede the title in the derby match.

Fulham away
Everton home
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
Chelsea home

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!

This post gets more comical by the week.

We'll be back in May, to take it away, walking in a Fergie wonderland! :guitar:

Bahahahahahahaha!!!!!

This post gets more comical by the week.

Well let's be fair, at least that's one less of citys three difficult games they have left to play, so if you look at it positively with only 2 awkward games left they've nearly won the league, as obvious to me as it must be to the original anonymous poster. Who must be so grateful he stayed anonymous when he first posted it.

It was 8 points with just 6 games remaining last season. It's twice as many games to play this time and Everton will not lose at United so it will be 9 or 10 points between United and City with 12 games to play. United will fook it up believe you me.

Fulham away
Everton home
West Ham away
Sunderland away
Stoke away
Arsenal away
Chelsea home

It was 8 points with just 6 games remaining last season. It's twice as many games to play this time and Everton will not lose at United so it will be 9 or 10 points between United and City with 12 games to play. United will fook it up believe you me.

Bahahahahahhaahahahahahahaahahahahhahahaha!!!!!!!!

More hilarity ensues. Bless your little heart, JJ!

As soon as I read it I knew we'd be having some fun. How much money would we have won with a tenner on the opposite results of JJ's predictions.

Great to be 12 points clear but I am too busy fighting left wing talibans to really have time to care about football.

---Urbanus

You're the one for me Barry
You're the one I really really love

All over Southampton
some hope and some despair

I think the next five games will decide the title.
If Utd get at least ten points before the city match(at home)
I think they'll see it out.
An 86 point total should be enough this year.
That's 21 from a possible 36.
City can only get 89 if they win all their games(possible but not likely)
So Utd to drop 15 points in 12 games(possible but not likely)
I watched the Everton game,Everton are a good side but Utd had a determination about them.
Chelsea at home is looking like a big game for City.
Away to Everton will not be easy.
Anything less than 12 points from their next five and I think then it's over.
Of course the unexpected can happen.
Injury's to key players,bad calls from the refs.
But all the same???

Back
Top Bottom