The making of "The Queen Is Dead" featured in NME (out June 15)

Update June 16, 8:40AM PT:

From vivabob:

nmecoversmithscc130611.jpg

There is also the 50 "memorable" quotes from morrissey on the NME.com website.

I wouldnt expect an interview anytime soon.

Update June 16, 8:40AM PT:

See also for more details the following forum thread:

The Smiths on the cover of next weeks 'NME'

It would seem, judging by the teaser on the back page of this weeks edition, that The Smiths are set to grace the cover, again. It features a lovely big Stephen Wright live shot of a grimacing Morrissey clutching a 'Queen Is Dead' placard (19th July 1986 ~ G-MEX Festival of the 10th Summer). The tag line reads '25 years on - Morrissey & Marr discuss the making of a masterpiece'.
It will appear on the very day that Morrissey unleashes on the good people of Perth.

Scan from Irregular Regular:

tqid.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
The NME and Morrissey.

Now, I may be out of date here, but wasn't Morrissey suing the NME at one point? He even vowed never to be interviewed by the paper again.

Yet, they just keep on putting him in the rag. It may be good for the weekly to put someone like Morrissey in every now and again - but this is the exact same publication which started the whole "Is Morrissey racist?" crap.

Can someone explain this to me? Fanks.

Don't waste your time on those two spineless bastards. That's my advice.

I remember that gig so well, I was 15. Andy Rourke had apparently been sacked because of his drug problems, so when he came on there was an enormous rush. It started with Mike Joyce playing the drum riff, then Johnny Marr came on, then Andy Rourke. Then Morrrissey came on and just blasted thru the QID waving that that banner around.... I almost melted. A fantastic concert.

I remember that gig so well, I was 15. Andy Rourke had apparently been sacked because of his drug problems, so when he came on there was an enormous rush. It started with Mike Joyce playing the drum riff, then Johnny Marr came on, then Andy Rourke. Then Morrrissey came on and just blasted thru the QID waving that that banner around.... I almost melted. A fantastic concert.

was the back of that banner not something like ' 2 ale's please' [or something like that
[have the pic, but not going to rumble through me stuff, to scan it and try to post it,
well I never did:blushing:]

Does anyone actually read ( or for that matter, simply look at the pictures) the NME?
Wonder what the circulation is?

I wish we had the NME in Holland, I mean, The Smiths AND Thurston Moore in one magazine? Me wants..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom