The Lost Weekend cover "The Lazy Sunbathers"

This is an example of a song that only Morrissey could possibly pull off.

Last edited:
It shows that you are gigantic Morrissey fans. If you want to cover something, you must put something of yourself into it, otherwise it's just pretty karaoke. I mean, it's nice and all, but it doesn't jump out in any way other than to say that you have the song memorized.

I really enjoyed this. I read the comments first and expected the worst.

Some people record covers to learn more about recording. You can pick up techniques that you use when writing songs. You know what type of sounds you can create and record for different ideas.

It totally changes the way some write a song. It is a new tool in the arsenal.

Other people take a song and make it their own.

There is nothing wrong with either method.

W.C.

think he was trying to sound too much like Morrissey.but theyr obviously fans so a bit of slack should be fourthcoming.

I really enjoyed this. I read the comments first and expected the worst.

Some people record covers to learn more about recording. You can pick up techniques that you use when writing songs. You know what type of sounds you can create and record for different ideas.

It totally changes the way some write a song. It is a new tool in the arsenal.

Other people take a song and make it their own.

There is nothing wrong with either method.

W.C.
Well put. I've practiced covers in the past, and this is valid.

I am Urban from Sweden and I stopped being a Morrissey fan ages ago but I can do a nice cover of "The teachers are afraid of the pupils" by using my armpit and my flatulence together with my angry hooligan voice that got destroyed at far too many United games over the years.

landscape-1465477975-bodies.gif

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom