The Long Blondes

spmorrissey

Will Never Marry
Didn't really take an intrest when I saw their new song on MTV2 but WOW it's great I'm kinda addicted to it now. I think it's the only song I've really liked since the Ringleader album.

Tell me what ya think people.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are deffo my new favourite band. If you haven't heard it already their album is well worth a listen.

Strangely enough, the album track "You could have both" also has a Moz reference with the line

" And who was it who sang 'I know that you love one
So why can't you love two?' "

Thats me out of useless facts for the rest of the day.

I liked "once and never again". But I think they are rather overrated and having listened to the album, I found it frankly a little disappointing.

They are deffo my new favourite band. If you haven't heard it already their album is well worth a listen.

Strangely enough, the album track "You could have both" also has a Moz reference with the line

" And who was it who sang 'I know that you love one
So why can't you love two?' "

Thats me out of useless facts for the rest of the day.

Of course she makes a ref to moz shes like one of his biggest fans on this vid at the beginning shes layed next to a morrissey LP cover
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J3hXqxz4iBU

Last edited:
I love the Long Blondes!!!

It's really interesting the way Dorian writes so many of the lyrics but they seem so from a woman perspective. I love all the ambiguity. It's strange the way all the two couples in the band and then Kate ;)

Once And Never Again has been my favorite song for the last couple of weeks... it's really wonderful. The rest of all the album is less impressive, but all in all it's quite good.

i do like what i have heard by them although i probably only have listened to the album two or three times so far.

wank, a second rate elastica cover band im afraid!!

other than a female singer, i do not see any resemblance to elastica. musically they sound a bit like pulp and vocally she sounds like Linder Sterling did while in ludus.

I love the Long Blondes!!!

It's really interesting the way Dorian writes so many of the lyrics but they seem so from a woman perspective. I love all the ambiguity. It's strange the way all the two couples in the band and then Kate ;)
Did Dorian write "Once and Never Again"? Some of their lyrics ("I spend an hour getting ready every day / And still I end up looking more or less the same") simply scream 'written by a guy'! :D

Did Dorian write "Once and Never Again"? Some of their lyrics ("I spend an hour getting ready every day / And still I end up looking more or less the same") simply scream 'written by a guy'! :D

He did, and if you've seen Dorian he does scream 'this took an hour' :D Plus he was the one who said Moz totally disapointed him when he was pictured in a red suit or something like that, so yeah it's all very important to him. Kate just wrote 2 of the songs on the album- Separted by Motorways and madame Ray. In a review the journalist was sayig how if Dorian had sung the lyrics theyd have sounded a bit soppy and of course if a guy had sang 'how I'd like to feel a girl your age', it wouldve had totally different cointations and would've been creepy, which really makes no sense to me. I's not like a 20 something woman wanting to feel a 19 yr old girl is innocent :rolleyes:

Last edited:
i found the album to be over produced in comparison to the demos, of which swallow tattoo and christmas is cancelled are my fav tracks.

the latest ep.

01 Giddy Stratospheres
02 Giddy Stratospheres (Radio Edit)
03 Never To Be Repeated
04 All Bar One Girls
05 I'm Coping

http://www.sendspace.com/file/e0308f

Got "Once & Never Again" free on some NME freebie, it was the only decent song on there.
I've since got the album and, blimey guv, it's a knockout!
:)

I quite like; i liked the demos better than the versions on on the album but i think they changed them slighty for a reason. Im also in love with the lead singer.

Back
Top Bottom