Morrissey Central "THE LONDON PALLADIUM" & "Tour Dates" (June 14, 2022)

THE LONDON PALLADIUM

Morrissey's concert on October 9th has switched from The Coliseum to the London Palladium.

Tour Dates

IMG_1962_oheo6l.jpg

Regards,
FWD

(At time of posting: neither named ticket outlet have the gigs listed).

Who knows? I do! Pre-spring 2018 he would typically play to around 60,000 in a UK tour. Then with all the horrible, right-wing endorsing twattishness that happened in 2018/2019, his fan base withered by well over 50% in the UK, down to around 20,000-25,000. This new tour has over 30,000 tickets in total. So overall, it is likely to sell OK-ish but not to full capacity. That doesn't mean some venues won't sell out quickly but it'll be largely to touts who may then struggle to get face value nearer the day. Of course, if Morrissey has a big Radio 2 airplay hit before then with 'Veronica', that will boost demand considerably but that's looking unlikely given that it'll be July in a couple of weeks. Not totally implausible though.
Michael.
Mike, you don’t know.
I’ve listed facts, you listed what you think. There’s a difference.
You’re also saying what you saying every day.
You leave the gigs for us to be getting on with.

And just for the benefit of clarification, the question was “when” will tickets be on sale, not how many will sell, which is what you’re obsessed with.

Mike, you don’t know.
I’ve listed facts, you listed what you think. There’s a difference.
You’re also saying what you saying every day.
You leave the gigs for us to be getting on with.

And just for the benefit of clarification, the question was “when” will tickets be on sale, not how many will sell, which is what you’re obsessed with.
Here's the actual post I responded to:

"2006 Ringleader, all venues went in minutes. 2011 were quite quick sales also. And the Palladium in 2018 was a quick seller, in comparison to the rest. On the other scale, Portsmouth, Reading & Edinburgh in the cancelled 2018 tour, none sold out. And all were relatively small venues. So who knows."

Just for the benefit of clarification, nowhere does it ask when will tickets be on sale. It discusses the uncertainty of knowing how well the tickets will sell. It was your own post so maybe read it a little more carefully next time before accusing someone of giving an inappropriate answer.
Yes, of course I don't 100% know how well they'll sell, hence the use of an exclamation mark.
I totted up the number of tickets that will be on sale (just over 30,000) and looked at how many were available on previous tours, and then took into account the massive 2018/2019 reduction in the fanbase based on ticket and album sales. I'll stand by my prediction that these tickets will sell reasonably well but it won't be hard to get one for face value, right up to the day. Pretty useful advice if it stops someone paying a stupid amount off a tout the day after they go on sale. Your advice, on the other hand, 'so who knows' couldn't be more useless or pointless.

Last edited:
Here's the actual post I responded to:

"2006 Ringleader, all venues went in minutes. 2011 were quite quick sales also. And the Palladium in 2018 was a quick seller, in comparison to the rest. On the other scale, Portsmouth, Reading & Edinburgh in the cancelled 2018 tour, none sold out. And all were relatively small venues. So who knows."

Just for the benefit of clarification, nowhere does it ask when will tickets be on sale. It discusses the uncertainty of knowing how well the tickets will sell. It was your own post so maybe read it a little more carefully next time before accusing someone of giving an inappropriate answer.
Yes, of course I don't 100% know how well they'll sell, hence the use of an exclamation mark.
I totted up the number of tickets that will be on sale (just over 30,000) and looked at how many were available on previous tours, and then took into account the massive 2018/2019 reduction in the fanbase based on ticket and album sales. I'll stand by my prediction that these tickets will sell reasonably well but it won't be hard to get one for face value, right up to the day. Pretty useful advice if it stops someone paying a stupid amount off a tout the day after they go on sale. Your advice, on the other hand, 'so who knows' couldn't be more useless or pointless.
You won’t be at any gigs, so it’s neither here nor there really.

Moz Free zone for Mike.

Whether venues sell out quickly has a lot to do with touts. When Morrissey was a hot ticket 10 years ago, everyone was rushing in and scalping hundreds of tickets each night to make a fast buck. Having been burned in recent years with shows that don't sell out in the UK, I suspect they won't be rushing to buy any this tour.

I think the days of a UK Morrissey show selling out literally 1 minute after they go on sale is long gone - even for these smaller venue sizes, but I guess we'll find out shortly.

With no record label backing, is this tour even being advertised anywhere? Who knows about it, other than the committed fan faithful?

Sometimes months Baz.

Couple of examples.

2018, the one that got scrapped, the tickets went on sale in mid May, tour should have started on 4th July

The Feb/Mar 2018, tickets went on sale first week in Nov 2017.

But if you go back to 2009, U.K. Tour of Refusal started in May, tickets went on sale in early December 2008.
For the Swords tour, tickets went on sale in late June, tour started in late October.
So anyones guess Baz.

Hope you and the family are well. Hopefully see you somewhere soon.
Thank you for details in your information, Janice.

Does anyone, maybe with some knowledge of how the business works, know why they start selling the tickets quite far in advance? Asides from the obvious to me at least, i.e., needing to know if it will be worth holding the gig?….maybe the venue needs to get a headcount early for their own reasons?…. or does it have to do with the venue holding the money 3 to 6 months longer than the show, i.e., quick short-term investments….

I really do not know, but it is something that interests me. I am also not a financier, so don’t rake me over the coals re: the short-term investment thing :)

Lastly, and thankfully, is this how the majority of how other artists do it?…especially venues where they are almost guaranteed to know the show will sell out?

Thank you, be well all, and rejoice that our Moz is healthy enough to get back on the stage…..

I was considering to see him at the Coliseum, Palladium looks like a great alternative. He played there in 2018, and although I did not attend, I remember reading great reviews about that particular gig and venue. His mother attended the show that night.

It's a lovely theatre, which isn't huge.....you should get a good view.

Who knows? I do! Pre-spring 2018 he would typically play to around 60,000 in a UK tour. Then with all the horrible, right-wing endorsing twattishness that happened in 2018/2019, his fan base withered by well over 50% in the UK, down to around 20,000-25,000. This new tour has over 30,000 tickets in total. So overall, it is likely to sell OK-ish but not to full capacity. That doesn't mean some venues won't sell out quickly but it'll be largely to touts who may then struggle to get face value nearer the day. Of course, if Morrissey has a big Radio 2 airplay hit before then with 'Veronica', that will boost demand considerably but that's looking unlikely given that it'll be July in a couple of weeks. Not totally implausible though.
Michael.

At least it wasn't left wing twattishness.

Do people in the UK tend to go to all the gigs since the UK is about the size of Michigan here in the states?

Do people in the UK tend to go to all the gigs since the UK is about the size of Michigan here in the states?

I think some people do but others just go to the ones that are local, so for me it’s Manchester and Blackpool this time around.

I hear you 😁
Some places can me more difficult to navigate than others in the U.K. and the rail cost (when compared to other European cities) is shockingly high, that’s without mentioning the fuel cost but, it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities to do all those listed gigs.
If for instance there were 30+ dates, as with Ringleader, for obvious reasons that would be somewhat more challenging, logistically and financially.
I’ll do all these, and annual leave from work won’t be compromised much due to the locations against were I live. 🙂

Hopefully an announcement not to soon then Janice😃
I’ll be taking my daughters to hopefully a couple of shows, in the north, or maybe even Birmingham where my eldest lives. So yes, you can get me a swift half of Coors 😆
Speaking of the north I'm on book '1980' of David Peace's Red Riding collection. Grim but brilliant.

All I have to say is that poster of Gilligan with a bowling ball has got to be the most annoying concert poster I have ever seen.
It’s actually a cannonball, and he’s about to dodge it: Entirely appropriate as an image to promote this tour.

I hear you 😁
Some places can me more difficult to navigate than others in the U.K. and the rail cost (when compared to other European cities) is shockingly high, that’s without mentioning the fuel cost but, it’s not beyond the realms of possibilities to do all those listed gigs.
If for instance there were 30+ dates, as with Ringleader, for obvious reasons that would be somewhat more challenging, logistically and financially.
I’ll do all these, and annual leave from work won’t be compromised much due to the locations against were I live. 🙂
I hope you have a great time! :)

Interested to see how much the tickets are, think I paid £50 for Leeds 2020, but that’s a much larger venue than any of these ones

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom