the live experience

gerardm

My interest has recently transformed into a growing obsession with the music and the phenomenon of Morrissey and what it means to follow him...In Tucson a couple of years ago and in El Paso, TX April 09---the live Morrissey experience is a complete thrill although bittersweet. Morrissey's curious place in music and the exclusivity of interest as the mainstream only seems to glance over in fits and starts...leaves us with a two hour dose-at-a-time, only to wonder how long it will continue and whether markets will interfere with the continued availability of his work. Is this a fleeting moment? I hope not.

Is the exclusive fan-base strong enough to sustain Morrissey? I can only hope. As for me, whenever he is within 500 miles, I'll be there. I pray he'll continue to produce with his capable and inspiring lineup of musicians. I find myself plotting about getting everyone I know to buy his albums and let themselves in on the secret...Yet I struggle with feeling protective and exclusive and also wanting MOZ to get some radio play on stations that otherwise do not have a clue!

I've found I'm still in the stage when there is Morrissey music I haven't yet heard...that there is some stuff that is harder to get keeps the thrill going for me. I recently acquired about 18 b-sides and put them together in a disc for my own listening pleasure and...what a totally ecstatic experience. Those B-sides feel more intimate, more of a wink from the author to the reader and something completely special.

Viva Morrissey! You have delivered immeasurable pleasure, thrills, emotional explorations...never stop! Never stop! God bless you.

::nod::

Hear Hear

Viva Morrissey! You have delivered immeasurable pleasure, thrills, emotional explorations...never stop! Never stop! God bless you.[/QUOTE]

hear hear!! well said. xxx:thumb:

Tags
b sides
Back
Top Bottom