"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
That was a garbled way of saying that people are tribal & we're all guilty of sometimes putting group interests before anything else. Of course someone should have looked at it & realised it was the perfect damning pull quote, but he doesn't seem to have a PR.

Garbled my arse. He made this statement in an interview he set up with his own nephew as the interviewer. He knew exactly what he saying. It's a damning quote because he said it when he had complete control of the environment in which it was uttered.

Garbled. Is that the latest defence?

This is very true.

He needs to put real distance between himself and Anne Marie Waters.

He also needs to get rid of whoever does his social media/website because I don't believe he has anything to do with it. He'd be on Twitter, joining one of the tribes & arguing about politics if he was computer savvy at all.

And he needs to get someone who can accurately interpret & explain what people are angry at him for. Moz lives in some psychodrama of his own & he has no clue exactly what he's been accused of or why.

I love his work enough to not want to see him spend his old age getting hated & hounded. I'd rather he knuckled down & got some delicacy back into his writing.

I bet you my autographed Kenneth Williams photograph you have a very big nose.

when was the last time any pop star actually said anything,theyr like an army of tailors dummies all lined up being coached in what to say in interviews, scared stiff incase they slip up and say something controversial.at least the video game industry hasn't succumbed to this yet,anybody who has played grand theft auto 5 knows the makers will say what they like which is why its the biggest selling thing ever in digital media,this years call of duty is the most controversial yet because of a level set in a house in London,controversial but fantastic.

They can't. He's only doing it because he's too old to realise media is no longer chip-paper. It's as permanent as your birth certificate, one search away, forever.

Garbled my arse. He made this statement in an interview he set up with his own nephew as the interviewer. He knew exactly what he saying. It's a damning quote because he said it when he had complete control of the environment in which it was uttered.

Garbled. Is that the latest defence?

If you read the whole thing, it's garbled & that was the mitigation he was going for.

Talking to his nephew is not being in control because neither of them knew what needed to be controlled. You need to work it out with a PR who will explain that it can still be cherry-picked & spun & you have to be very careful about every line.

"everyone ultimately prefers their own race"

The above statement is just a basic fact of social psychology. Put 50 people in a room and as a general rule white people tend to sit with other whites, black people with other blacks etc. This is true the world over. Men tend to sit with other men, women with other women. Young with other young people, older with other older people. It's the psychology of sameness. People tend to hang out with people who are like them and have the same views as them. Doesn't mean that racial integration is impossible or that such instinctual social groupings are inherently 'racist'. It's just basic human group behaviour.

If you read the whole thing, it's garbled & that was the mitigation he was going for.

Talking to his nephew is not being in control because neither of them knew what needed to be controlled. You need to work it out with a PR who will explain that it can still be cherry-picked & spun & you have to be very careful about every line.

Your argument seems to be that Morrissey garbled racist statements. Why? If he is not in control of his own thoughts and words who is? If you're suggesting Morrissey is just too stupid to understand the implications of his remarks - you could be correct. That however does not negate the racism inherent in the remarks.

Cancel culture can suck a d*ck when it comes to Morrissey. If you don't understand him by now you were never a fan. As long as he continues to perform I'll go watch him.

Also fk all these articles with no comment boards trying to push a false census.

The above statement is just a basic fact of social psychology. Put 50 people in a room and as a general rule white people tend to sit with other whites, black people with other blacks etc. This is true the world over. Men tend to sit with other men, women with other women. Young with other young people, older with other older people. It's the psychology of sameness. People tend to hang out with people who are like them and have the same views as them. Doesn't mean that racial integration is impossible or that such instinctual social groupings are inherently 'racist'. It's just basic human group behaviour.
correct,M has been to the four corners of the globe, some people on here haven't made it further than the end of their street.

correct,M has been to the four corners of the globe, some people on here haven't made it further than the end of their street.

So, Morrisey has had an opportunity to travel therefore Morrissey is right. For f*** sake.

The modern liberal left are the most bullying, intolerant, authoritarian people out there.

Their targeting and tantruming over Morrissey is like watching spoiled children scream for more sugar.

Last edited:

You need to work it out with a PR who will explain that it can still be cherry-picked & spun & you have to be very careful about every line.

Yes, very sad times we live in were what one says will be spun and labeled as ‘racist’. So to remain popular, mandatory self-censoring is the order of the day.

‘We will never make good slaves !’

Though Morrissey is not one to explain himself after, nor does he do what is expected of him.

"Everyone ultimately prefers their own race… does this make everyone racist? The people who reduce every conversation down to a matter of race could be said to be the most traditionally ‘racist’ because everything in life is NOT exclusively a question of race, so why make it so?"

So why does he make it so?

Having a preference for, or against something, doesn't make anyone racist but consistent statements that support racist tropes absolutely does. The excuses made by Morrissey, and on behalf of Morrissey, regarding his race related comments are juvenile in the extreme. Morrissey, it seems, is capable of misintepreting himself in his own carefully constructed and guarded interviews. His racism is so inherent he now can't help himself and has no-one to highlight his stupidity.

One, two, possibly three comments could, with generosity, be argued as misinterpretation but where are we now in terms of the number of statements he has made and actions he has taken?

I have been generous with Morrissey. For the longest time I never thought he could be racist. It seemed quite impossible to me. No longer. Whether aware or unaware he makes racist statements far too often for any one in the public eye to make that many public 'mistakes'. Remember this is a man who guardedly has not indenfitied as a gay or bisexual man despite his numerous male/male sexual relationships. It seems when it suits him he can be extremely guarded and dignified (I have no desire for him to delare anything about his sexuality) yet, equally unguarded and undignified on race issues and also in his support of alt right organisations that target people of differing faith.

I'm done with Morrissey apologists. By all means enjoy the music but don't fool yourself that the person who created it is anything other than racist.

It was a big thing in those days. Whatever Morrissey said, you believed it. He was a prophet. We were young school children but he used words we'd never heard of. When you're young, if anyone used words that werent part of your every day vocalabulary you thought they were special. Words like 'hideous', gruesome' Now I can hear those words and they mean nothing, but when you're young and impressionable you'd never heard those words spoken before. It was the first time you'd heard them. You asked yourself, what do they mean? Everyday words but he was always so much more clever.

You need to work it out with a PR who will explain that it can still be cherry-picked & spun & you have to be very careful about every line.

Yes, very sad times we live in were what one says will be spun and labeled as ‘racist’. So to remain popular, mandatory self-censoring is the order of the day.

‘We will never make good slaves !’

Though Morrissey is not one to explain himself after, nor does he do what is expected of him.

I wish he would conform for once though - it's a hell of a hate storm to put yourself through for nothing.

IN THIS CORNAH WEIGHING TWO-HUNDRED AN' SEVENNY TWO POUNDS- FIO-NA DOD-WELL!
AND IN THE OTHER CORNAH WEIGHING IN AT A HUNNERD AND FIFTY, FI-ONA STUR-GES!

MAY THE MOST ANNOYING WIN!

I wish he would conform for once though - it's a hell of a hate storm to put yourself through for nothing.
Most of Great Britain agree wholeheartedly with Morrissey's views.

They're right behind him. So why would he fret?

You're getting the views of the despised moneyed media class confused with real life.

Last edited:
Tags
fiona sturges the independent

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom