"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radis Noir, Oct 31, 2019.

By Radis Noir on Oct 31, 2019 at 7:58 AM
  1. Radis Noir

Radis Noir Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2019
    • Redundant Redundant x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radis Noir, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      I only wish that were true, Hovis. I'll not hold my breath, but thanks for the optimistic post.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    2. Radis Noir
      Radis Noir
      The Independent is owned by the same people who own the London Evening Standard. The Times belongs to to the loathsome Murdoch.
    3. The Wild Turkey
      The Wild Turkey
      If ya write a article about Moz, ya actually givin' him attention.
      • Like Like x 2
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      It's not his political views that are the real problem, but the fact that all he says and sings nowadays has become extremely boring. Didn't Oscar Wilde say a thing or two about that?
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    5. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Like, what? Don't keep us hanging here...tell us.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    6. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Your blunt and humourless tone is in accordance with Morrissey's current T-shirt-statements, but in sharp contrast to this intelligent en well written article.
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
      • Like Like x 1
    7. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Yep, & thanks for responding, Fiona.
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Troll Troll x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Unfamiliar with the concept of the retorical question?
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    9. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Mm, this doesn't really make it better.
      • Funny Funny x 1
      • Redundant Redundant x 1
    10. Pokey
      Pokey
      "Its time we stopped giving Morrissey attention ... anyways, here's another article about him"
      • Like Like x 3
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Troll Troll x 1
    11. Radis Noir
      Radis Noir
      A point she does address in the final paragraph.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Unfamiliar with the concept of spelling correctly?
      I thought you were about to bring us all up to speed on some suitable Wildean quote to substantiate your post & explain its context. I'm truly disappointed.
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    13. blister92
      blister92
      If you don't like me, then don't look at me.... fuck off you, you're using Moz's name to keep you in the spotlight.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 2
    14. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      every few months, Morrissey's name begins to trend, prompting swathes of music fans to sigh wearily and wonder what the silly Guardian, Independent, or jumped up pantry boy jilted fan/blogger have written this time...
      • Insightful Insightful x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    15. Pokey
      Pokey
      I would say acknowledges, rather than addresses ... she basically just straight up admits she is a hypocrite.
      • Troll Troll x 1
    16. Pokey
      Pokey
      These journalists and people like Skinny et al. they just can't leave it alone. They prove his point entirely in All You Need Is Me. They're obsessed with him ... either because it makes them money with clicks, or its a clinical obsession in the case of Skinny. Actually just walking away and washing your hands of him if you really can't stand him anymore is a much bigger statement. I had to do it with one of my previous favourite bands, Live, so I know how freeing it is compared to raging on to no avail.

In the end, Morrissey is just a dude with some opinions ... you might not agree with them all, and thats about where it should end. If you carry on like you actually have some grudge then that says far more about you than him.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    17. RobLand
      RobLand
      What did the Live do to lose your love? (I haven't kept up with them, but they are from my neck of the woods)
    18. Ketamine Sun
      Ketamine Sun
      Just like the article about the rapper, it just brought more attention to Morrissey’s views, which Morrissey and planet earth thanks you for.
      • Like Like x 3
    19. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      Maybe articles like this are actually useful to Moz, whereby people might just read the article then go research for themselves and actually find out what his views actually are?
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    20. Pokey
      Pokey
      Its a very long story. In a nut shell - they broke up in 2009, which was for the best I thought as they were creatively spent and Ed was a shell of his former self both in terms of performance and had completely taken over the band to write everything solo. Revelations later he had done dodgy deals which amounted to short changing the rest of the guys money. Live recruited Chris Shinn as singer for an album in 2014 which was the best work since 1999 and the remaining original 3 members were very open about a lot of Ed's dodgy dealings etc and the fan base kind of split between Ed solo fans and Live fans. Fast forward to 2017 - the band wasn't commercially doing so great (as they haven't since the 90s) and the original members put all the blame on Shinn (who had been nothing but fantastic since stepping in) and crawled back to Ed backtracking on everything they ever professed as "the truth" about their downfall. They basically just sold out and now they're right back to where they were - void of creativity, extreme laziness (a co-headlining Summer tour with a stagnant ~10 song setlist for example) and angrily getting into arguments with fans on social media telling them to be grateful for all they're doing. They're also business partners with an absolute psychopath who threatens fans online with violence and is a convicted thief and is now also facing sexual assault and stalking charges - and to the band, he's the greatest person in the world... sort of sums up the company they keep. So there is just nothing honest about them, the music to me has been tainted and a lot of fans feel a bit betrayed by them. I did anger and stuff, but in the end its just easier and more freeing to walk away.
      • Troll Troll x 1