"The light has gone out – it's time we stopped giving Morrissey attention" by Fiona Sturges

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radis Noir, Oct 31, 2019.

By Radis Noir on Oct 31, 2019 at 7:58 AM
  1. Radis Noir

Radis Noir Active Member

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 31, 2019
    • Redundant Redundant x 8
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Radis Noir, Oct 31, 2019.

1. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      How many of these 'cut and paste' articles are we gonna get? Not one single original thought or journalistic angle here - just the same old regurgitated shite from ex-fans who can't get over the fact that their one time idol doesn't share the same political views as them. If you are going to write on the subject, at least try to come up with something vaguely original - these isn't a single sentence here I haven't read in a dozen or more previous opinion pieces. It's just lazy writing.
      • Like Like x 12
      • Insightful Insightful x 4
      • Dislike Dislike x 2
    2. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Not another "fan" letter.

She wrote:
      "in a Melody Maker interview that “a black pop conspiracy” was preventing The Smiths from fulfilling their potential"

This is from a recent article in which Prince wrote a very similar comment regarding Ed Sheeran and Katy Perry: "Prince accused music industry of “ramming” Katy Perry and Ed Sheeran “down our throats”"
      https://www.nme.com/news/music/prin...-unearthed-letter-2561648#cv3zCHpqk5K6UfK8.99
      • Like Like x 1
      • Insightful Insightful x 1
    3. Kupenculi
      Kupenculi
      Stop listening then, and shut up. If we're adapting Morrissey lyrics then 'The light has gone out for you' but 'I Don't Owe You Anything'.
      • Like Like x 6
      • Troll Troll x 3
    4. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      Totally agree, it's just a page gap filler. It's just...boring. Nothing to see, move on.
      • Like Like x 5
      • Informative Informative x 2
    5. Tibby the cat 93
      Tibby the cat 93
      At the year end "Dullest Writing Awards " Fiona Sturgid takes the gold medal.
      • Like Like x 4
      • Funny Funny x 3
      • Troll Troll x 2
    6. Uncleskinny
      Uncleskinny
      You mis-spelled DODWELL
      • Troll Troll x 8
      • Funny Funny x 4
      • Like Like x 2
      • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
    7. NealCassidy
      NealCassidy
      You wasted your life.
      • Funny Funny x 8
      • Insightful Insightful x 3
      • Troll Troll x 3
      • Like Like x 1
    8. Anonymous
      Anonymous

I see, Morrissey.
      Whitney Houston prevented you from achieving world domination in 1985, so now you're planning to punish her poor cousin by exposing her to ridicule by singing with you.

:screamcat: Been plotting this for years, haven't you, vengeful old maniac?

And if the world ouside California doesn't pay attention, which is what's very very likely to happen, what's your plan b?

"Take her to camp Redwood"? Oh shut up. :rolleyes:
    9. countthree
      countthree
      Independent joining forces with The Guardian to attack Morrissey. They want their own 'Fuck The Independent' "vest". Jealousy?
      • Funny Funny x 9
      • Like Like x 2
    10. Nerak
      Nerak
      It's sad to see him get a media kicking at his age & with his obvious health problems.

And all those old quotes coming back.

Early 1980s Top of The Pops did book far more soul singers (most of whom have never been seen since) than Indie bands, because soul was cheerful & Indie was depressing. Every other pop star in existence got denounced as stupid or a sell-out by him. Most people would have the sense to moan about that in private but Morrissey has no filter.

Almost every terrible thing he says can be traced back to a book he read or some resentment he has about something he wants & didn't get, or got & didn't want, or some crush he has.

I wouldn't even ask him about politics or the state of the industry - all you'll get is complaints or denunciations, some of which might be funny if you're lucky.

I'd ask about songs & his lifestyle & his psychology. Why has no one ever wondered why he's so dysfunctional & why he went butch in the middle of 1992 & why he's been regularly collapsing for the past ten years?

So much potential material & hacks would rather demonize him or treat him like he's God.
      • Interesting Interesting x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Dislike Dislike x 1
    11. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      ... she says; whilst giving Morrissey attention.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    12. bored
      bored
      1. Get triggered
      2. Use cliche modified Morrissey lyric for headline
      3. ???
      4. Profit
      • Like x 4
      • Insightful x 2
      • Funny x 1
      • Informative x 1
      • Troll x 1
    13. Kupenculi
      Kupenculi
      • Like Like x 3
      • Troll Troll x 3
    14. Deleted member 27456
      Deleted member 27456
      Another stupid slag who's trying to make a name for herself in a very limited circulated publication, may I add that the article made fantastic toilet paper.

FUCKING SNOWFLAKES,I SHIT EM!

Jason
      • Like Like x 2
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    15. A Man Escaped
      A Man Escaped
      I don't think Morrissey would be able to fit "Fuck the Independent" across his gut. That's a job for Boz.
      • Funny Funny x 2
      • Like Like x 1
      • Troll Troll x 1
    16. Deleted member 27456
      Deleted member 27456
      If I remember rightly, they are or were part of the same group along with The Times.

Jason
      • Troll Troll x 1
    17. Deleted member 27456
      Deleted member 27456
      Nail on the head!

Jason
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1
    18. Mozmar
      Mozmar
      This is true, & really summarises where the likes of skinny fits.
      That's all he does, regurgitates, copies/pastes stuff from his catalogue of hate phrases which he's previously posted.
      Lazy, hateful bastard really. Nasty piece of work.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 2
    19. Hovis Lesley
      Hovis Lesley
      Due to the miracle of modern sense, he and Trill are presently being cut out of the Morrissey discourse here—like the cancers they are. This site is now entering the remission stage. God bless you all for your hard work.
      • Like Like x 2
      • Troll Troll x 1