The LGBT Thread

liebe

As promised, here is a thread for all the members that are LGBT!

General discussion, political discussion, hawt photos, relationship troubles, classified ads (;)), etc etc etc...

I'll start with something of interest: Popstarz (a gay club in London) are having a Morrissey night after the Hyde Park show. I wish I could go but I have to go home after the gig :(

Please don't let the thread die :o

General discussion, political discussion, hawt photos, relationship troubles, classified ads (;)), etc etc etc...
I'll start with something of interest: Popstarz (a gay club in London) are having a Morrissey night after the Hyde Park show. I wish I could go but I have to go home after the gig :(

well i hope so too..lets start with the topic mentioned in my pm being gay and never found a man attractive ,
I mean in that very sexual- phwoooaaar way-but moz-....it still puzzles me the way im exited about him topless/ stripping... it confuses me probably the same way straight male morrissey fans are confused by the fact they find a man attractive..probably the first man they ever find attactive....in a deeply sexual way

girl gone shoplifting you said something similar about this topic....
oh the queermoz party sounds interesting but i had to leave on saturday too...and i have yet to vivit the german pedant
http://www.ackerkeller.de/morrisseylicious.html

he comtesse if you are around...i reall enjoyed your opions on that topic ..hope to see your face around here again...

Last edited:

Ahhh, Popstarz! That was my haunt on Friday nights for quite a while!:D
I met a few famous faces there (Brett Anderson, The Dandy Warhols, Alison Goldfrapp)

*Sulks*

Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender

Thanks, I don't belong none of these, feel left out.

sad0049.gif

well i hope so too..lets start with thetopic mentioned in my pm being gay and never found a man attractive ,but moz-in that phwoooaaar way....it still puzzles me the way im exited about him topless/ stripping... it confuses me probably the same way straight male morrissey fans are confused by the fact they find a man attractive..probably the first man they ever find attactive....

oh the queermoz party sounds interesting but i had to leave on saturday too...and i have yet to vivit the german pedant

he comtesse if you are around...i reall enjoyed your opions on that topic ..hope to see your face around here again...

I just don't see how anyone could not find Moz attractive :D

I remember seeing your post about the Moz night at Ackerkeller and I was so jealous! I'd really like to go... Is the night still running? I should go there for my birthday.

well i hope so too..lets start with thetopic mentioned in my pm being gay and never found a man attractive ,but moz-in that phwoooaaar way....it still puzzles me the way im exited about him topless/ stripping... it confuses me probably the same way straight male morrissey fans are confused by the fact they find a man attractive..probably the first man they ever find attactive....

one of your pm topics

the topic of homophobia at morrissey concerts i have experienced too ..in hamburg they were two guys in their twenties acouple holding hands nothing more... the 3 guys i behind them n their 40 ties did made awful comments about t it laughting and mocking them but not confronting them directly...like in the typical "hey fa***t" kind of way was pretty surprised witnessing that cause i always assumed morrissey fans being not full of prejustices...but i was wrong....your experinces sounds even worse..sorry to hear...

one fact not morrissey realted
would you agree
lesbians are more invisible than gay men in society?

and about the attraction on moz let me repEat some topics from my mail

for example the reason I think i like skinny hairless moz to the more beefier,hairier one is cause he is less "threatening" if that makes sense..even though mature moz/esp mid90ties moz grow on me more and more)
EDIT ACTUALLY IT GOES MORE AND MORE IN THE MID NINTIES direction 92-95 a STUNNING look...muscular but not too much
editby now it has completely developed to vauxhall being my fave ara lookwise
so in the beginning it was more the androgynous boy from yesteryear but it did go more and more in that 92-95 direction

i had the expression the "straight" girls like him more nowadays cause he is more manly and not that "effete"/androgynous like in the late 80 ties/early 90ties is: cause back then they want to mother him more than anything else.and "like him only for his mind"now they have other desires in his direction (and theyre seen entering th stage quite more often thn 20 years ago )::I WONDER IF THE STRAIGHT GIRLs WOULD AGREE OR DISAGREE ON THAT

i think QUEER topics are very rarely discussed here (and if so often only where being gay stems from:genetic..etc
and the fact that morrissey is interested in the camp and queer history and present is pretty much overlooked
but as soon as morrissey and for example the queerness of his lyrics cames in people freak out like "dont discuss about this sexuality..its private"
(he has repeately commented in interviews being attracted to men and women and
have slept with both..so nothing to add about this particuLar topic of his preferations and close the book on that before we have this huge out of proportion on
morrissey ´s sexuality since this is not what the topic is about it
again and back to the general queer topic )but your planned thread is not really about morrisseyor his sexuality but about the topics itself so.......i found some very homophopic comments mainly on the main board which makes me sad and surprises me cause I assumed morrrissey fans not being full of prejudices but i was wrong..the assault and words they used makes me shiver ...
also recently this year on the forums where two people claimed in their opion only love between men and women is natural and real.....

Last edited:
I just don't see how anyone could not find Moz attractive :D

I remember seeing your post about the Moz night at Ackerkeller and I was so jealous! I'd really like to go... Is the night still running? I should go there for my birthday.

In fact quite a lot members say that they do not find Morrissey attractive. :eek:

However, for some reason they come here. :cool:

we have some queer theory university lectures here in hamburg....i will surely visit them...even though iam no student(my school degree doent allow me to visdit an university,its an lower degree that denies acess to universities)
do you attend queer studies ?

That said, I'm even more mystified at how low the gay-to-straight ratio is here, compared to some other artists' forums.
well..
@ NRITH
not everybody speaks out about their sexuality..or "waring" it on their sleeve for you to see

as wellas not every moz fan on this planet post here
and there are more around as you might assume

Last edited:
one of your pm topics

i had the expression the "straight" girls like him more nowadays cause he is more manly and not that "effete"/androgynous like in the late 80 ties/early 90ties is: cause back then they want to mother him more than anything else.and "like him only for his mind"now they have other desires in his direction (and theyre seen entering th stage quite more often thn 20 years ago )::I WONDER IF THE STRAIGHT GIRLs WOULD AGREE OR DISAGREE ON THAT...

I'm straight and prefer young fey moz. I like guys that our skinny and pale. Plus I loved his lisp and everything. I don't like overly manly men. Not saying I hate moz now I still love him, I always will. He's still an attractive man.

In fact quite a lot members say that they do not find Morrissey attractive. :eek:

However, for some reason they come here. :cool:

Since chica said that a thread has to be hijacked to stay alive, let me point out that I don't find him attractive at all, and am totally mystified by everyone who does, straight or gay. Srsly.

That said, I'm even more mystified at how low the gay-to-straight ratio is here, compared to some other artists' forums.

I think one of Morrissey's attitudes towards gender issues is that we're all just human, regardless of orientation or self-imposed labels, and what matters most is a higher level of connection. The "hanky panky" is there, it's cheeky and "frisky" and playful, but there's also a level of reverence, reflection and longing which everyone can identify with.... I love the fact that he's private about his personal life. More "famous" types should be.

My favorite English professor wrote several books on GLBTQ issues and I was fortunate to take one of his Gender Studies courses many moons ago. He's retired now but still edits a wonderful web site:

http://www.glbtq.com/

I love this area of study, it's a fresh look at literature and culture.

And yes, Morrissey and The Smiths are included in the Arts section :)

http://www.glbtq.com/arts/smith_zs_morrissey.html

Since chica said that a thread has to be hijacked to stay alive, let me point out that I don't find him attractive at all, and am totally mystified by everyone who does, straight or gay. Srsly.

When I look at Morrissey (as much I think he's a genius and the living enbodiment of all that is perfect and mundane) two words come to mind.

Hair Plugs

and for god sakes, do some sit ups before you take your shirt off.

I'm straight and prefer young fey moz. I like guys that our skinny and pale. Plus I loved his lisp and everything. I don't like overly manly men. Not saying I hate moz now I still love him, I always will. He's still an attractive man.

The lisp was really cute. Really, REALLY cute. R.I.P. lisp. R.I.P. wee lil 80's Moz.

Anyway, does "I'm not entirely sure WTF I am but I've always seen myself as male" make me fit in this thread? If not, I'll leave.
Actually I won't but you get the picture. Whatever. If you'll excuse me, I must make a eulogy to the forgotten lisps of yore.

Tags
hanky code rainbow flag
Back
Top Bottom