"The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown on EMI website

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

Wait...didn't somebody post that picture here...as joke...

Re: Article: "The Last Of The Famous International Playboys" re-release sleeve shown

Sad to see Tony The Pony gone.
Found it to be one of the better songs from the era.

Sad to see Tony The Pony gone.
Found it to be one of the better songs from the era.

I too loved that song. I love the bass line, it sounds like Andy Rourke, and it has affectingly sad vocals for what (for Moz at least) is such a simple lyric. I love the tooooooooooon, toooooooooooon, toooooooooooon vocal parts too; just genius. It is about a minute longer than it needs to be though.

Re: Both new sleeves for re-rereleases shown on EMI Website

Ron Mael is effortlessly cool.

that face shaving, moustache and small piece under the mouth till the chin, and even other
face stylings with hair and with a razorsharpe shave and cut it the way you like, but hold a towel and
plaster

it's hype, but I won't see Morrissey waering a moustache or beard:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Re: Both new sleeves for re-rereleases shown on EMI Website

I went to the same school as Rick, he was a ginger back then.

The TOTP appearance of "Last Of Famous International Playboys" is interesting in itself, as it features both Andy and Mike. Was this appearance after the Wolverhampton gig? If so then it is the last time they were together. Also Morrissey's shirt that he wears during the performance is one of the more interesting choices. Its looking like it is almost a plaid flannel pattern and cloth. The tail end of grunge was still wagging. Not a very nice shirt.

Tail end of grunge in 1989? Maybe if you were living in Seattle/ SubPop records label and were already ahead of the zeitgeist.

I always thought 1993/94 was the "tail end" myself.

I was going to say how horrible this photo is but, I am so glad I am not alone. Thank you Morrissey Solo.

I think it's horrible and while there may be a tie in to a TOTP appearance for this song.. it's not enough to overcome how bad this picture is. I know Morrissey has always been a fan of irony but no one in this photo looks like an international playboy.

Yeah it was after the Wolverhampton gig, 9 February 1989, so not long after.

I quite like the shirt though. In fact this is one of my favorite TOTP appearances

Mike Joyce is a fantastic drummer!!

Last edited by a moderator:

An addition: the 7" picture disc is different to the MXCD:

View attachment 15015

Even though I cannot see that much, it does look very good which is a big relief.....

Cheers Moz

Shock horror, Morrissey has a sense of humor. He has Rickrolled us all. Solow took "hateful online creche" from him, so maybe he took this idea in return. I think it's funny. Go Moz!

Rick Astley, ha ha , ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha, ha ha

I'm sure Moz is very aware that Rick is laughable. I think the idea is hilarious.

The cool people like me will be buying the 7" anyway, so who cares? :)

Not being in the know for such things, why is a rather current track being included on a reissue single?

Tracklisting

A) Last Of The Famous International Playboys
B) People Are The Same Everywhere (Janice Long BBC Session, 15th June 2011) – PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED

So does Morrissey have some kind of contract with a label? EMI would have no rights to issue it if not?
People Are The Same Everywhere (Janice Long BBC Session, 15th June 2011) isn't part of the EMI back catalogue, is it?

I still don´t get it. Why he´s using these old pictures of him. He looks so incredibly hot these days..why why Moz? I would love to see fresh pics of him with new songs..

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom