The Last Night of the Fair, Carlisle 11th June 2010

Dora Diamont

THE LAST NIGHT OF THE FAIR

FRIDAY JUNE 11th at The Brickyard, Fisher Street, Carlisle, Cumbria

Four silhouetted figures stand silently at the edge of a fairground.......just watching.....The dizzy, spinning, white-light passion collides with black-shadow menacing demons. The scream-if-you-wanna-go-faster, faster, FASTER of Johnny Marr's guitar; the brooding ghost-train velvety darkness of Morrissey's voice; the clattering big-dipper-drive of Mike Joyce's drums and the lurching white knuckle bass-lines of Andy Rourke echo across the night sky.......This is THE SMITHS! The evening starts with 1950s & 60s rockabilly ballads, beat groups and girl bands.....I might walk home alone but my faith in love is still devout!
Doors: 9pm - 1am
Admission: £3.00. Ages 18+. Please see entry policy for info
Tickets: Pay on the door

THIS IS THE FOURTH ANNUAL SUMMER SMITHS/MORRISSEY NIGHT IN CARLISLE
EXPECT SPECIAL VISUALS, FLOWERS AND FLAMBOYANT DANCING!

Last edited:
It sounds like absolute heaven!

Shame the first train back to Crewe on Saturday morning isn't until 05.44. Is there anything to do in Carlisle between 1am and 05.44?

Carlisle between 1:00 am and 5:45 I think it was! Well you could wander around the outside of the castle or through Bitts Park and maybe get some sleep on a park bench? There's a club called Concrete on Lowther Street that's open 'till 3 am. If you did travel all the way from Crewe...I'm sure someone would take you in off the street for a couple of hours!

Dora X

Back
Top Bottom