The Killers - What She Said (w/ Johnny Marr), Seattle WA, 8/20/2022

thought this was good!

UPDATE:

An anonymous person posted in the comments:

They played Stop Me & There Is A Light the night before:

UPDATE Sep. 12:

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s superb!! Brandon is giving it all he’s got and Johnny has not lost a step. Is that his old Smiths guitar too?

They played Stop Me & There Is A Light the night before:

What She Said came out the best of all of these, TIALTNGO is just one of those songs only Moz can sing

Marr, himself, played Panic, TCM & HSIN? on both nights so far (with a Depeche Mode cover 1st night and Electronic track 1st & 2nd night too).
So quite a bit of Smiths.
FWD.

Nah - love The Killers, but they should stick to their own stuff. Brandon's vocals just paled into insignificance in comparison with the original.

This is fantastic! I'd love to hear this one in particular when I see them next week in Vegas! All hail Johnny Marr and the Killers!

This really has to be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in music. Marr playing Smiths songs with Killers, then playing them in his own set. Basically, most of the night is about the Smiths, I have never seen anyone leave a band, trash the band, trash the lead singer, say you can't relate to his lyrics, then go out and make a career out of singing them alone and with other bands.
His album is completely overhyped and his publicist created this never ending media blitz, he was just everywhere, ostensibly in support of this album, which he is barely playing live because no one likes it, and he is just an opening act. So sad to see what he's been reduced to but he's done it to himself and he looks like an absolute fool. All of his interviews were about Morrissey, any publicist that allows that should be fired. All of this just screams "Johnny failed' while Moz can't get a record deal but he can get solo tour dates here, a Vegas residency, headline Cruel World and a UK tour.

He seems to only get 8 0r 9 songs, which like FWD said incl not just the Smiths, but Electronic and a Depeche Mode cover.

Brandon Flowers is a tool, What She Said is not a punk song.

Last edited:
This really has to be the most pathetic thing I have ever seen in music. Marr playing Smiths songs with Killers, then playing them in his own set. Basically, most of the night is about the Smiths, I have never seen anyone leave a band, trash the band, trash the lead singer, say you can't relate to his lyrics, then go out and make a career out of singing them alone and with other bands.
His album is completely overhyped and his publicist created this never ending media blitz, he was just everywhere, ostensibly in support of this album, which he is barely playing live because no one likes it, and he is just an opening act. So sad to see what he's been reduced to but he's done it to himself and he looks like an absolute fool. All of his interviews were about Morrissey, any publicist that allows that should be fired. All of this just screams "Johnny failed' while Moz can't get a record deal but he can get solo tour dates here, a Vegas residency, headline Cruel World and a UK tour.

He seems to only get 8 0r 9 songs, which like FWD said incl not just the Smiths, but Electronic and a Depeche Mode cover.

If The Smiths reformed you'd throw burning babies out of your way to get a ticket. Stop pretending otherwise.

My, what vitriol! What happened, did Johnny call you an asshole to your face or something?

If you were any kind of Smiths fan, this should make you happy. They are playing Smiths songs to a new, young crowd and making sure their legacy lives on. There aren't that many hugely popular guitar bands as there once was and to have one take up the flag and promote them is truly amazing, not a cause for sour grapes.

I've only posted my opinion here, that is what this site is for, if you can't handle other people's opinions, I don't know what to tell you.
RE Smiths reunion, I have been very clear I would not want that to happen and so has Morrissey, who has been keeping the Smiths legacy alive for decades unlike Johnny-Come-Lately, and he does not need someone else's stage to do it

I've only posted my opinion here, that is what this site is for, if you can't handle other people's opinions, I don't know what to tell you.
RE Smiths reunion, I have been very clear I would not want that to happen and so has Morrissey, who has been keeping the Smiths legacy alive for decades unlike Johnny-Come-Lately, and he does not need someone else's stage to do it

I don't think doing "Never Had No One Ever" to a crowd not that familiar with the Smiths, as he did at Cruel World is really doing that much for the Smiths legacy.

I think when you have been actively listening to an artist for almost 30 years, you undoubtedly take the voice for granted. I think that’s what has happened to me. One of the things that drew me into the The Smith/Moz vortex was that unique, undeniably incredible singing voice.

This guys voice is crap. Nothing against him or The Killers, I don’t know any of their music. But honestly….he’s just screaming into the microphone, I don’t hear him actually ‘singing’.

Even Danzig has a unique singing voice. Sorry, this guy can’t sing.

can he do a sold out show by himself and playing only his solo "hits" or anything but the smiths?

Get off the stage

Nothing against The Killers. It's nice to see the brilliance of those songs being brought to a different audience but all this does for me is reaffirm what an amazing vocalist Morrissey is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom