The Independent - Morrissey Central (25/6/2019)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent - Morrissey Central
June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
@Trill what’s wrong with sitting on a tv arm chair? I mean, I’m sitting on my own one not on your arm chair...

But when it comes to protecting human rights, the constitution and the basic law (if you have this guys) - I’ll be in.
A serious discussion about people; what kind of religion, skin colour or culture ever... who are thinking they are over the law would make sense...and maybe we would come to common sense - but I’m missing this.

All I can see are prejudices...

No, the only thing remotely fascist in Christianity is its anti-gay stance. But even this has changed in recent years. The protestant Church of England now embraces homosexuality - and the Catholic Church is not that far behind.

Now look at Islam. It is racist, misogynist and supremacist. They will not allow their daughters to date white non-Muslims. If a girl breaks this rule she will at least be beaten, at most raped by her own family then murdered. This is what happens. Also look at the Islamic rape gangs in English towns who target only underage white girls. Why? Because whites are dirty trash to these people. Islam cannot be defended. It is a violent hateful religion in most of its forms - and its hateful forms are the ones that are becoming more popular with young Muslims in the west.
Like you say, they’re behind. So maybe, like Christianity, Islam is behind. Or are you not giving them the same chances you’ve clearly given Christianity?

@Trill what’s wrong with sitting on a tv arm chair? I mean, I’m sitting on my own one not on your arm chair...

But when it comes to protecting human rights, the constitution and the basic law (if you have this guys) - I’ll be in.
A serious discussion about people; what kind of religion, skin colour or culture ever... who are thinking they are over the law would make sense...and maybe we would come to common sense - but I’m missing this.

All I can see are prejudices...
What?

Could you see any religion doing that in the past?
The Church of England has been modernising so rapidly throughout my lifetime it's now practically a liberal wing of the government.

With Islam, no chance. In fact the opposite is happening - people are turning to the more extreme Wahabi forms.

The Church of England has been modernising so rapidly throughout my lifetime it's now practically a liberal wing of the government.

With Islam, no chance. In fact the opposite is happening - people are turning to the more extreme Wahabi forms.

Modernising or pandering? Today, Prince William said he'd be cool having gay kids, which......in the arc of history for kingship and carrying on the family line......probably not the most realistic thing to utter since the whole point is to have kids but i guess it pleased the progressives.

Modernising or pandering? Today, Prince William said he'd be cool having gay kids, which......in the arc of history for kingship and carrying on the family line......probably not the most realistic thing to utter since the whole point is to have kids but i guess it pleased the progressives.
The Church of England is an embarrassment that I personally don't even associate with Christianity.

Could you see any religion doing that in the past?

Age of Enlightenment...Luther was one of the protagonists... so the answer is yes.
And there are also Muslims who are trying hard to do this. For example Ahmad Mansour or Seyran Ateş... just to name two.

The Church of England is an embarrassment that I personally don't even associate with Christianity.

I used to be down on my extended family because i have/had a Christian family up north and my mom was a Christian but not a practising one. But, I dunno, i was young and it didn't speak to me. I find I'm more inclined to it these days. Maybe that's just age and seeing loved ones die off and looking at the deeper meanings of life.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom