The Independent - Morrissey Central (25/6/2019)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent - Morrissey Central
June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Related items:

Last edited by a moderator:
https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey

The Independent

June 25, 2019

"Morrissey reaffirms support for far-right party" is today's headline in The Independent. They offer this absolute lie because they know they can get away with it. They will not be challenged. De-platforming and destroying lives is the principle motivation of modern journalism.
And so be it.
I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself. I therefore step away, and I wish others more luck and more support with the press of Soviet Britain than I can muster.
The British Arts, we must assume, are officially dead.
The name 'The Independent' means independent of any morality, any principles of conduct, and any distinction between right and wrong.
… and this is the free British press? God help us all."

MORRISSEY
25 June 2019

Well said, Morrissey!

Teach your kids to recognize and despise all the propaganda
Filtered down by the dead echelons mainstream media
Hey hey hey hey

“You support For Britain?”

“Absolutely, yes”

Ok what am I missing? The definition of reaffirms ..isn’t it? More gaslighting

“Absolutely, yes”

You know, as well as I do, why Morrissey supports For Britain.

If Morrissey supported the tories, that would be ok. Despite racism within the tory party and the fact they sell arms to any country with enough cash to blow up their own citizens.

If Morrissey supported Labour, that would also be ok. Despite the anti-Semitic element within Labour.

"I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself."

Unless he has been careless with his spending habits or investments, this is hard to believe. He has successfully taken legal action in the past, against the NME and now defunct Word magazine.

I think its fair to assume in this long running saga, he has sought legal advice and been advised that he does not have a strong enough case to risk a costly court action for libel against newspapers.

"I cannot afford to take the Independent to court, thus I cannot afford to defend myself."

Unless he has been careless with his spending habits or investments, this is hard to believe. He has successfully taken legal action in the past, against the NME and now defunct Word magazine.

I think its fair to assume in this long running saga, he has sought legal advice and been advised that he does not have a strong enough case to risk a costly court action for libel against newspapers.

My view is, he can’t take legal action because he knows this is all semantics. He supports For Britain, and that much is clear, but the basis of any legal case would be whether they are indeed a far-right party. And that’s For Britain’s fight, not Morrissey’s.

You know, as well as I do, why Morrissey supports For Britain.

If Morrissey supported the tories, that would be ok. Despite racism within the tory party and the fact they sell arms to any country with enough cash to blow up their own citizens.

If Morrissey supported Labour, that would also be ok. Despite the anti-Semitic element within Labour.

TRUE.:thumb:

Labour is full anti Semitic skinny cucks.:)
They would dissolve Israel.o_O

The Independent? The biggest irony is in the name. I remember when it was independent of political bias, it’s whole selling point when launched. I saw a copy in a waiting room yesterday, had it been the Guardian I wouldn’t have picked it up, knowing it was going to be propaganda for the lemmings, but having not read The Independent in years I thought great I’ll take a look. Half an article in I realised it too had been compromised by political activists masquerading as journalists. What a sad state of affairs. Many journalists and former editors I know simply look to the floor and shake their heads at what British journalism has descended into.

perhaps he is not speaking in financial terms when he says he "cannot afford to take the independent to court" - perhaps he is speaking of his reputation, which quite frankly cannot afford any more knocks against it.

Oh Moz, I love ya, please let it go, rise above it, ignore etc.. You are too good to bother responding to this shit.

I’m not sure what he was expecting. He is digging himself deeper and deeper. Surround by Yes Men, scared to challenge him.. oh dear.. yesterday interview just made things worse. Again, what is going on. It’s all making me very sad.. also “can’t afford?”

What? I don’t believe that for a second
He’s embarrassing himself, he’s embarrassing me, he’s ruining his legacy..

I loved him for 30+ years
This weeks interview was another blow
And today’s press release another

The Independent? The biggest irony is in the name. I remember when it was independent of political bias, it’s whole selling point when launched. I saw a copy in a waiting room yesterday, had it been the Guardian I wouldn’t have picked it up, knowing it was going to be propaganda for the lemmings, but having not read The Independent in years I thought great I’ll take a look. Half an article in I realised it too had been compromised by political activists masquerading as journalists. What a sad state of affairs. Many journalists and former editors I know simply look to the floor and shake their heads at what British journalism has descended into.

The Independent stopped producing a print edition a few years ago, and now is online only. So I fail to see how you could have seen a print edition yesterday.

“Absolutely, yes”

More honesty more like. Bet loads of his cowardly contemporaries are secretly wishing they could be so true to themselves. ;)

The Independent stopped producing a print edition a few years ago, and now is online only. So I fail to see how you could have seen a print edition yesterday.
It’s called I, all one and the same, leftists newsletters to make the brainwashed feel ‘inclusive ‘ :rolleyes:

Do you know how morally and psychologically draining is to bring a case against a press giant? It's not only about money, it's about putting a life in public eye for months to be dissected, even for years. And if Morrissey miraculously wins, the revenge will follow him till the end of his days, just like what's happening now with the person who worked for NME and now is spilling hate and vendetta from The Guardian.

No Artist should EVER waste money and time suing. History will be the fairest Judge. Enjoy life Morrissey, and let the haters NOT enjoy their lives, that’s real justice. :thumb:

He says it's a lie because he thinks FB is not a far-right party. You can argue the toss about this, because there's no firm definition of what constitutes a 'far-right party'. I would call em far-right personally. Wikipedia and all the papers agree. Just like Styxhexenbollocks and all those youtubers Moz watches too much of, they too are far-right in most people's books. A court case would have a very slim chance of success.

That's amazing considering The independent us not published in hard copy

This is getting really entertaining now :popcorn:
I may have to re-open my online confectionery store at this rate :cool:
Keep it up Steve you're doing a smashing job these days apart from that shite interview you did with Gary Barlow recently.
Next time let Diesel interview you and show some pride :rainbow:

U K dates as well please :clap:

Come back to Manchester let's see if you can sell out The Peer Hat on Faraday Street :rofl:

The Bull Shyster Dies :tiphat:

Benny-the-British-Butcher :greatbritain::knife:

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom