Morrissey Central "THE ICEMAN COMETH" (October 3, 2022)

official_morrissey_central-03102022-0002.jpg

(Title probably refers to films or the play by Eugene O'Neill).
Regards,
FWD.

a while since the last Manchester show.

Not so fast FWD!
Moz could be referrin' to the Jerry Butler album.

220px-Jerry_Butler_-_The_Ice_Man_Cometh.jpg
Well, yes indeed - always open to options.
I mentioned Eugene O'Neill as Morrissey cites Long Day's Journey Into Night in Countdown Magazine (favourite actor - Ralph Richardson in said film).
Regards,
FWD.

I think he is going to cover a Descendents song of the All album.

Mr Shandy (him) taught this regularly as part of his course on modern American theatre. There aren't many jokes in it. As the wasters in the flop-house descend into self-pity and confessions of murder, a central character demands of his fellows: “God damn you, stop shoving your rotten soul in my lap!” Which probably explains everything.

Anyroads - a short walk for us this evening down to the Apollo. Once upon a time, you should have seen us go, go, go. Will it be raining? May get the tram from the 'Dilly instead. Perhaps a salad for us teas and a glass of stout in the Unicorn en-route.

It's important to keep plodding on, don't you think? As Hickey declares in 'Iceman' -

“You’ll say to yourself, I’m just an old man who is scared of life, but even more scared of dying. So I’m keeping drunk and hanging on to life at any price, and what of it?”

Perhaps tonight he won't use dry-board markers on the albums.

Given that it's 40 years today since the first Smiths live show, wouldn't it be something if Morrissey marked the occasion by playing either "Handsome Devil," "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" or "Suffer Little Children"?

(I mean, obviously he won't, but still...)

8.00 am this morning only 11 hours until they open the doors.Hope they've got umbrellas and pack lunches............

Attachments

• mozz.jpg
    mozz.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
Given that it's 40 years today since the first Smiths live show, wouldn't it be something if Morrissey marked the occasion by playing either "Handsome Devil," "The Hand That Rocks the Cradle" or "Suffer Little Children"?

(I mean, obviously he won't, but still...)
Well, apparently the band soundchecked 'Hand in Glove' the other night, so you may get something of that era..

As to the Iceman comment, maybe he's referencing this guy? The Iceman

Wonder if he will play Suffer Little Children with the gig being fairly local to where it happened and off the back of the latest news on Keith.

Any spare tickets or ways to get into the afterparty tonight at the star & garter please please please dm me ….

Have been looking out for Manchester afterparty tickets since the gig was announced back in June and we hadn’t even seen them listed anywhere to purchase 🥺

Thank-you

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom