The Hypothetical Morrissey Question Thread

Scarlet Ibis

The Chicken of D.C.
Post all of your hypothetical Morrissey questions here. :D

I will start:

IF you somehow had the power to do so, would you cure Morrissey of all his inner demons/emotional distress/depreshunz/anxieties/etc. if it meant that he would never write or sing another song again? (Don't say he'd be unhappy to never sing again... This is make-believe.)

Damn that is deep. I will have to get back to you LOL.

Reallllly?! Oh, I'd cure him. I mean, I have his CDs, right? I can cope. Imagine what his face would look like if all his emotional burdens slipped away from him. It would be beautiful to see.

But his music is a result of his inner demons/emotional distress/depreshunz/anxieties/etc. It would not be the same if he was a happy camper.

Though I see your point, we have had many many years of wonderful music, we could spare him at this point I guess. :lbf:

I will start:

IF you somehow had the power to do so, would you cure Morrissey of all his inner demons/emotional distress/depreshunz/anxieties/etc. if it meant that he would never write or sing another song again? (Don't say he'd be unhappy to never sing again... This is make-believe.)

No. We all have our own issues and we all deal with them in some way. I don't even know if he really wants to be rid of his "issues". We assume that because the songs say something that his life is everything that is in the songs. Maybe he just writes about those things because he doesn't find other facets of his life to be very creative or artistic when he writes about them.

We don't know how he really feels. He might go to bed every night and thank God that he has the life he has.

I will start:

1st of all, I believe only Morrissey has the power to do what you ask :straightface:
having said that, life is a process, and i feel fairly certain he is doing just what you are talking about through his music :guitar:
and yes, the point will come when he no longer does make new music because he has work most of his "stuff" out :)
it may even be soon, he is older now and wiser
perhaps it is time for him to get into politics :p

If your biggest fear in life (I'm talking crippling, horrible fear) was heights, and you ended up winning a trip to go skydiving with Morrissey, would you do it? Would you jump out of a plane to share that expereince with Morrissey?

If your biggest fear in life (I'm talking crippling, horrible fear) was heights, and you ended up winning a trip to go skydiving with Morrissey, would you do it? Would you jump out of a plane to share that expereince with Morrissey?

I'd even let him tandem jump with me baby :cool:

That IS one of my biggest fears... So I dunno. I might go along with it long enough to meet him and then not go through with it.

You know, getting a tattoo was always a big scary thing to me. I always said I'd never do it unless Morrissey signed my arm. Then he fracking DID sign my arm! Having it done was a huge fear, but I did it. It still shocks me. My point is that he's already forced me to get over one fear, maybe I'd actually jump from a plane for him. D:

Morrissey Fear Factor?

I don't think I'd jump out of a plane with Morrissey, nor would I lie in a tank full of tarantulas (tempting though that may be); I would consider being buried alive if it meant we would be crammed into a tiny little box together. :D

I would consider being buried alive if it meant we would be crammed into a tiny little box together. :D

:eek: You are whipped! ;):p

I wouldn't change him, our character is built from our flaws.

and there is no such thing in life as a happy Morrissey. :D

Not in a million frigging years! can I just have a cup of tea with Moz and then watch him jump?:thumb:

If we're starting now, i.e., his body of work remaining intact, my answer is clearly 'Yes'. How great would it be for anyone to be rid of his/her demons and so forth?

But if it meant that he would never write/sing a single song, my answer is 'No' because I think more people have been made 'happier' as a result of his music. Or something.

I will start:

I'd ask him. It's his life to decide. It would be cruel not to do it if he wanted to'be cured'. I'd ask him to continue singing whatever he decides upon.

I'd ask him. It's his life to decide. It would be cruel not to do it if he wanted to'be cured'. I'd ask him to continue singing whatever he decides upon.

Well, of COURSE we'd ask him first. We're not THAT rude. Not most of us. :)

Which would you choose:

Morrissey writes and sings 15 more songs in his life, all with Johnny Marr. They're everything you'd imagine they could be. After that, no more new songs from Morrissey - EVER.

OR

Morrissey continues writing and singing songs deep into old age... Many, many more songs. They're all about as good as the songs on YOR.

(YOR is one of my two favorite Morrissey albums, yet this is difficult for me to answer, because... JOHNNY!)

Back
Top Bottom