The Human Voice Is The Soul - Morrissey Central (Dec. 16th, 2018)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-human-voice-is-the-soul

The text:

I am lost to know how to express my thanks for this recent tour. Joyful is not a word that trips easily off my tongue, but joyful it was. There seemed to me to be an even deeper emotional response, and a more powerful projection everywhere of goodwill - more lungful and younger crowds than ever before. Something has happened. What is it?
Every night the crowds sang like an orchestra - every song an anthem, but this time infused with deeper meaning. Perhaps it is partly because of the press and their childish smear campaigns - which we all, not just I, must endure. Perhaps it's because only songs tell us who we really are, after all?
I wasn't attacked or punched at San Diego - the press depress. In fact, I had never felt so liberated in my life.
It is impossible to point to the best nights because they were all so incredible, but our two concerts in Chile and our concert in Peru reminded me of my privileged position to be on stage; it is life, yes, but with all the crap bits left out - for once. Tropicalia, San Diego, Sao Paulo and Mexico City were also particularly breath-taking.

I express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who came along.

backing into the future,
MORRISSEY
Santiago
16 December 2018.

… and I to the appointed place …

2018 was cruel to the Arts; more have quietly slipped away than you possibly realize: Charles Aznavour, Vic Damone, Nancy Wilson, Dorothy Malone, Bernardo Bertolucci, Aretha Franklin, Givenchy, Donnelly Rhodes (below)

…and where do they go?

We only know it because it was posted on here. Wonder how many artists will comment on Morrissey's passing? Chrissie Hynde and Nancy Sinatra spring to mind?
Tsss, the entire music world.
You really underestimate the influence The Smiths and Morrissey have had.
Much, much greater than Buzzcocks, but I'm sure you know.

We only know it because it was posted on here. Wonder how many artists will comment on Morrissey's passing? Chrissie Hynde and Nancy Sinatra spring to mind?

Well, if they are real Artists or have been influenced or inspired by him, then I’m sure
they’ll make a comment in public or private.

We can be sure, the list will be loooooong.

:cool:

Tsss, the entire music world.
You really underestimate the influence The Smiths and Morrissey have had.
Much, much greater than Buzzcocks, but I'm sure you know.

If I heard the story right, there would be no Johnny Marr without the Buzzcocks.

:lbf:

Last edited:
If I heard the story right, there would be no Johnny Marr without the Buzzcocks.

:lbf:

no :handpointright::guardsman::handpointleft: without Moz either. he wouldnt have been able to afford the new plate teeth, bird tats, lipo and botox or the synthetic dome.:fist:

its pointless to argue with a skinny puppet. their minds emanate from skinny they have little mind of their own.

Pete was someone I knew well and I will defend him. I was there and it was a flippant comment as a response to Morrissey's comments about What do I get being used in a Macdonalds advert.

Oh, do shut up. Poor man, even worse at being a parent !

One or another reason he may not mention
someone who has passed away that was an influence on him, may be just that he dislikes
doing what is expected of him. But, in spite of this, we all know he is pained with the passing of these individuals.

Well, he didn't say a word after Bowie passed away, and it basically took him all this time to his recent concert in Chili to acknowledge his worth.
If Morrissey were to hold a grudge against Pete Shelley, these bad feelings will eventually fade. What will always remain is the musical legacy of the Buzzcocks and Morrissey knows that deep down.

As 2018 draws to an end, it was a pleasure to have seen Morrissey on numerous occasions on tour this year, and particularly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to shoot a couple of his live shows. I wanted to share these images. Photos from two of his London shows this year Royal Albert Hall (London) and O2 Academy Brixton can be viewed on the following link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielnrobson/albums/72157701472606402

Here's to 2019, hopefully another tour!

As 2018 draws to an end, it was a pleasure to have seen Morrissey on numerous occasions on tour this year, and particularly a pleasure to have had the opportunity to shoot a couple of his live shows. I wanted to share these images. Photos from two of his London shows this year Royal Albert Hall (London) and O2 Academy Brixton can be viewed on the following link: https://www.flickr.com/photos/danielnrobson/albums/72157701472606402

Here's to 2019, hopefully another tour!

Those bottom pics are from 2015, not this year.

I love Morrissey. But he's been saying the human voice is the soul for a long time. What does it mean? It seems an arbitrary statement. He has a good voice but is he trying to say he's more soulful than anyone else? Seems to me it suits his agenda. The way you treat other people, the way you conduct yourself, your loves and your hates, these all show your soul. Just because you have a lovely singing voice isn't indicitave of your soul.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well, he didn't say a word after Bowie passed away, and it basically took him all this time to his recent concert in Chili to acknowledge his worth.
If Morrissey were to hold a grudge against Pete Shelley, these bad feelings will eventually fade. What will always remain is the musical legacy of the Buzzcocks and Morrissey knows that deep down.
Agree, I don’t think there’s a grudge, as far as I know.

Has there been a post of what he said recently about Bowie a video ?

Anyone who can squeeze a last minute law suit in before Mozzer goes, is "who springs to mind."

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom