The Human Voice Is The Soul - Morrissey Central (Dec. 16th, 2018)

https://www.morrisseycentral.com/messagesfrommorrissey/the-human-voice-is-the-soul

The text:

I am lost to know how to express my thanks for this recent tour. Joyful is not a word that trips easily off my tongue, but joyful it was. There seemed to me to be an even deeper emotional response, and a more powerful projection everywhere of goodwill - more lungful and younger crowds than ever before. Something has happened. What is it?
Every night the crowds sang like an orchestra - every song an anthem, but this time infused with deeper meaning. Perhaps it is partly because of the press and their childish smear campaigns - which we all, not just I, must endure. Perhaps it's because only songs tell us who we really are, after all?
I wasn't attacked or punched at San Diego - the press depress. In fact, I had never felt so liberated in my life.
It is impossible to point to the best nights because they were all so incredible, but our two concerts in Chile and our concert in Peru reminded me of my privileged position to be on stage; it is life, yes, but with all the crap bits left out - for once. Tropicalia, San Diego, Sao Paulo and Mexico City were also particularly breath-taking.

I express my heartfelt thanks to all of you who came along.

backing into the future,
MORRISSEY
Santiago
16 December 2018.

… and I to the appointed place …

2018 was cruel to the Arts; more have quietly slipped away than you possibly realize: Charles Aznavour, Vic Damone, Nancy Wilson, Dorothy Malone, Bernardo Bertolucci, Aretha Franklin, Givenchy, Donnelly Rhodes (below)

…and where do they go?

Smear campaign?
How about withdrawing your official support for ghastly bigoted twats like Johnny Robinson and far-right political parties?
And yes, the tour was great mainly because there were tons of songs from before 2000 for the first time in years. 2000 was when the rot started to set in.
Restrict the set list to Smiths and 1980s solo, and you'll find the reaction is better still.
You silly f***er, who do you want him to support? Jeremy Corbyn? or even better Theresa May :rofl:, its time somebody somewhere got a grip of the UK, and anyone who stands up to oppose child murder, child rape & halal slaughter has my vote for sure, stupid Mother f***er,

Shelley was in camp-Haslam I noticed so not surprised Moz didn't mention him.
I find it hard to believe how some great minds of the past can turn so sour.

The music was great, the man not so in his later years.
Dave Haslam = Shit, Useless Old Git

Why on earth do you think Pete was in camp Haslam, are you that far up Morrissey's arsehole you are prepared to tell lies?
Please stop being so foul-mouthed, you don't need it, and we certainly don't.
One of Shelley's last interviews was with Hasbeen and furthermore, as others pointed out, he called Moz a racist publicly, which certainly means they are two of a kind.
So yes, love the music, and always will, but he was clearly losing the plot near the end of his life.

I wonder if Morrissey has been watching TCM lately:

One of Shelley's last interviews was with Hasbeen and furthermore, as others pointed out, he called Moz a racist publicly, which certainly means they are two of a kind.
So yes, love the music, and always will, but he was clearly losing the plot near the end of his life.

He wasn't losing the plot at all you utter c***, he was interviewed as part of a series of interviews that Haslam did. Pete was pissed and Haslam goaded him into the comment. I was there. Why speak ill of someone who recently passed away you f***ing idiot, especially someone you never knew.

He wasn't losing the plot at all you utter c***, he was interviewed as part of a series of interviews that Haslam did. Pete was pissed and Haslam goaded him into the comment. I was there. Why speak ill of someone who recently passed away you f***ing idiot, especially someone you never knew.
If you was there why didn't you give Dave Haslam a crack round the head, he needs it, poisonous smelly scruff bag that he is

i hardly feel like the bullfighter dies is an anthem but i get what he's saying here. tropicalia was pretty beautiful and san diego he was basically hugged to death. i think these have been my favorite shows in a long time. and where is julia?

Last edited:
Look at you now.

If someone calls somebody else a racist for no good reason and another goes on a hate campaign against a famous singer to sell a book it doesn't give me a good impression of said person, thank you very much.

And please stop the namecalling and bullying, you surely are more intelligent than that?

I don't want those heroes
Your heroes anymore
No heroes anymore

Look at you now.

If someone calls somebody else a racist for no good reason and another goes on a hate campaign against a famous singer to sell a book it doesn't give me a good impression of said person, thank you very much.

And please stop the namecalling and bullying, you surely are more intelligent than that?

I don't want those heroes
Your heroes anymore
No heroes anymore

Pete was someone I knew well and I will defend him. I was there and it was a flippant comment as a response to Morrissey's comments about What do I get being used in a Macdonalds advert.

You don't make racism claims flippantly.
Of course being drunk can be an excuse, but in the light of said comment, and his association with Haslam, I'm not surprised Moz hasn't commented on Pete's death. Otherwise he definitely would have.

I love Buzzcocks, I love Pete. We all do.

I find it bizarre how you try to edit history, he had to cancel his UK tour due to poor sales. It was a succesful US and South America tour.
Thewlis claim to fame is numero uno Morrissey's heamoroid. Able to type - surprising for a pile - but unable to offer any depth of independent thought.

I Love Dave Haslam cause He's the greatest thing ever in the history of mankind, what he says is gospel to me, never has anyone been as right as this fella. Talented, Worshipped, Sexy, this guy should be treated like any other God, in a thousand years this man will be seen as maybe the man who saved planet earth? I think he will be, nobody better than Big Dave, absolute gem, especially in his own spunk flooded mind & withered old body

You don't make racism claims flippantly.
Of course being drunk can be an excuse, but in the light of said comment, and his association with Haslam, I'm not surprised Moz hasn't commented on Pete's death. Otherwise he definitely would have.

I love Buzzcocks, I love Pete. We all do.

How do you know Morrissey knew the comment was made?

Pete was someone I knew well and I will defend him. I was there and it was a flippant comment as a response to Morrissey's comments about What do I get being used in a Macdonalds advert.
Well you support McD, and f*** Off

His not mentioning the passing of one of his heroes, on stage or in this message, gives that away.
If we all know Pete said that, surely Moz must have heard about it.
I doubt it's the MacDonalds-ad.

How do you know Morrissey knew the comment was made?

His not mentioning the passing of one of his heroes, on stage or in this message, gives that away.

One or another reason he may not mention
someone who has passed away that was an influence on him, may be just that he dislikes
doing what is expected of him. But, in spite of this, we all know he is pained with the passing of these individuals.

"Something has happened. What is it?"

I don't know if it's this simple but he played a much more balanced set list that spanned his career. It certainly didn't hurt.

I doubt it's the MacDonalds-ad.

We only know it because it was posted on here. Wonder how many artists will comment on Morrissey's passing? Chrissie Hynde and Nancy Sinatra spring to mind?

he didnt even live in the UK. wonder how many brown peeps in 'Estonia"/LOLo_O

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom