The House of Love

woovee

Arrived after the Smiths, R.E.M with a post-punk touch and a psychedelic sound, they were the darlings of the press in 1988-89 and presaged the Stones Roses. The leader/songwriter Guy Chadwick formed the group with a great lead guitarist Terry Bickers.

The debut eponymous album is flawless; it is a classic. Their best songs are "Christine" and "I Don't Know why I Love You".

The original line-up will be in concert in Brooklyn, NY at "House of Yes" on July 16 and in London at the "Forum Kentish Town" on October 7.

Last edited:
Great band, I was lucky enough to support these guys at a couple of dates in england. It was at a time when Terry had left so that was a shame for me as he was a bit of a hero to me.

Love in a car, hmmmmmmmm.

Loves this band but I don't think the debut there best album or even there second best. The butterfly album and babe rainbow are both better imo. The debut is good but kinda simpler and a bit one dimensional musically. The song crush me is a personal fav. Great to use they're still playing

My mother was a bit fascinated with this band and their music. When I still lived at home she used to lie on her bed in the room next door and listen to my music and make comments.

She also found Morrissey to be hilarious.

My mother was a bit fascinated with this band and their music. When I still lived at home she used to lie on her bed in the room next door and listen to my music and make comments.

She also found Morrissey to be hilarious.
Got that wrong of course. She was in the room next to mine. She asked me if the band members were religious since they mentioned Jesus in one song.

Back
Top Bottom