The history of the relationship between Morrissey and 'Morrissey-Solo'

and the forum? also explain the April fools joke? surely that kind of "joke" only encourages persistent trolling - did you think it was funny kewpie?

Oh, sweet Jesus, you didn't like the April Fool's joke. We get it. It was a joke. Jokes are not funny to all people.

Can YOU explain what was so offensive about it to you? I don't seem to recall you ever discussing it (but maybe I missed something).

As if your agenda isn't screamingly obvious.

No matter the answer, you still re-write it and spin it so that you can say he hates Morrissey. And his music. And his little dog too.

No, I was going to say, if you still like the music, then I understand you carrying on the site, so STFU you little creep.

No, I was going to say, if you still like the music, then I understand you carrying on the site, so STFU you little creep.

I'm sure David will sleep soundly now knowing he has your understanding...

The site has a reputation of negativity but I still hold that it is not all negative, the majority is actually positive. Still, the negative things are what people like to focus on.

It's a reflection of the artist - look at Morrissey's statements, most are negative. The only positive ones I can think of are his posts on Young The Giant and Doll And The Kicks.

More contradictions. Anyway it's your site, this project on an artist you don't like anymore, which you take full responsibility for except for the content swilling through it, much of it negative for no better reason than for the sake of it, that consequently gets attached to his name and otherwise wouldn't.

Well, I could win about as much with that reply as you predicted he could win with mine, you f***ing hypocrite.

Come back when you're off the rag and then try to make some sense, mmkay?

More contradictions. Anyway it's your site, this project on an artist you don't like anymore, which you take full responsibility for except for the content swilling through it, much of it negative for no better reason than for the sake of it, that consequently gets attached to his name and otherwise wouldn't.

When David said that he didn't like Morrissey anymore?

You have no right to twist his words.

As he suggested earlier you should start your own site to compete with this site.

As he suggested earlier you should start your own site to compete with this site.

Aren't you very faithful and loyal all the same, regardless of accuracy or relevance?

Kewpie why don't you try doing some moderating in this thread, oh I forgot, this board promotes and supports sexism, so it's fine for people to say that sort of stuff.

NB. Not everyone wants to create their own morrissey site.

Why would he fly all the way to Copenhagen to see an artist he doesn't like? You're thinking is a bit flawed here. Morrissey's actions as of late makes him slightly less lovable e.g searching for meat products and kicking a fan out of a venue for no reason. Am I not a fan for questioning Moz's behavior? Love the music but not always the actions of the man. Can I express this here or should my opinion be censored?

Are you capable of using your own filter to decide what to read here? Do we really need a fascist gatekeeper to protect us from things that might make us uncomfortable? I'd rather chose for myself what is relevant and noteworthy. I don't need Ma and Pa to decide for me. Do you?

Why would he fly all the way to Copenhagen to see an artist he doesn't like? You're thinking is a bit flawed here. Morrissey's actions as of late makes him slightly less lovable e.g searching for meat products and kicking a fan out of a venue for no reason. Am I not a fan for questioning Moz's behavior? Love the music but not always the actions of the man. Can I express this here or should my opinion be censored?

Are you capable of using your own filter to decide what to read here? Do we really need a fascist gatekeeper to protect us from things that might make us uncomfortable? I'd rather chose for myself what is relevant and noteworthy. I don't need Ma and Pa to decide for me. Do you?

Great post - and the point that so many willfully ignore. Ignoring opinions doesn't eradicate them.

Morrissey solo went down the pan when Freeyourself arrived with his sickening comments and nauseating thoughts, as well as those absurd photographs. Freeyourself's reign of terror drove the decent people away and left the site clinging on for dear life. He stalked, harrassed, lied, and ended up being banned from every IP he'd posted from.

Amazingly the individual concerned thinks he's campaigning for Morrissey. That's what I call delusional.

Kewpie why don't you try doing some moderating in this thread, oh I forgot, this board promotes and supports sexism, so it's fine for people to say that sort of stuff.

NB. Not everyone wants to create their own morrissey site.

This board needs GOOD MODS and respect. That's all there's to it.

That rag comment was just beyond LOOOOOOOW. If someone would say that to some girls i know,... damn.

And similar comments are everywhere. Come on... And people wonder why this site is so negative?

REALLY?!

I must say don't get "a warm feeling inside" (yeah, bring it on... wannabe stand up comedians) when i visit this site either.

This site could be turned into a decent page in no time.

And get rid of the ability to post ANONYMOUSLY... that's the stuff that is going to bring this site DOWN.

Great post - and the point that so many willfully ignore. Ignoring opinions doesn't eradicate them.

I would like to think there is a silent majority of us who share a similar view. This is a free service to all of us so you're going to have posting quality that runs the gamut. If certain topics/posters make you feel uncomfortable, avoid them. That is within your power if you have the will. Nobody - least of all David - is forcing you to read them. Why bother getting so aggravated over faceless posters on the internet? Life is too short.

Morrissey solo went down the pan when Freeyourself arrived with his sickening comments and nauseating thoughts, as well as those absurd photographs. Freeyourself's reign of terror drove the decent people away and left the site clinging on for dear life. He stalked, harrassed, lied, and ended up being banned from every IP he'd posted from.

Amazingly the individual concerned thinks he's campaigning for Morrissey. That's what I call delusional.

Actually, 'Freeyourself' had very little influence on the site except to make some abuse policies standard. I can't say I know anyone who was actually driven away by his abuse. Site traffic has been growing consistently over the years and is currently at an all-time high.

I agree on the last sentence, perhaps he is beginning to realize that as his 'campaign' has slowed.

Why would he fly all the way to Copenhagen to see an artist he doesn't like? You're thinking is a bit flawed here... ?

Try as I might to grasp the logic, I can only quote Sir Joshua Reynolds: "There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking."
Why commit crimes, attend funerals, do duty visits, even for many people, go to work, for that matter? When a favour is found out to be a trick, obligations of social reciprocity become null and void.

Try as I might to grasp the logic, I can only quote Sir Joshua Reynolds: "There is no expedient to which a man will not resort to avoid the real labor of thinking."
Why commit crimes, attend funerals, do duty visits, even for many people, go to work, for that matter? When a favour is found out to be a trick, obligations of social reciprocity become null and void.

Um... no.

I'm sure, like many people, he is able to almost completely distinguish the art from the artist.

Bizarre thread bump too, btw.

Haven't read all of the posts on this thread but have visited the main page frequently since the late 90's.
I respect and admire David T for having given us this website, especially in persevering through all this shite.
I have always loved and admired our Steven too, always will.
I'll never meet either chap and so will straddle the fence and wish them both well.
And at the end of the day - Thats Entertainment.

Back
Top Bottom