The history of the relationship between Morrissey and 'Morrissey-Solo'

I don't need to tell you exactly what i mean by be supportive you know what it means
Its about setting the tone
You set the tone now you just don't realise it and at the moment the tone is bad

I do not mean to be argumentative but I feel I have been supportive, although on the surface it may not appear so. Morrissey is talked about here, more than anywhere else. I've spent an average of 4 hours everyday working on the site for the last 15 years and continue to do so. I want to maintain the free flow of conversation and as a side effect there is some abuse. So be it, that is life. I wish I didn't get spam in my email but it happens. I think Morrissey and perhaps some fans are so used to hearing praise for years, all the positive and supportive things on this site go in ear and out the other and those few critical or abusive comments on the page means the whole site is a cess pool that no one should get near.

I haven't really changed any policy in years and all of a sudden Morrissey begins attacking the site, most likely because of criticism of the recent material and band. Morrissey tells everyone to f*** the site and bans me from the shows. Hostility is increased and now people are suddenly website experts and coming on telling me how I should run the site.

Last edited:
I do not mean to be argumentative but I feel I have been supportive, although on the surface it may not appear so. Morrissey is talked about here, more than anywhere else. I've spent an average of 4 hours everyday working on the site for the last 15 years and continue to do so. I want to maintain the free flow of conversation and as a side effect there is some abuse. So be it, that is life. I wish I didn't get spam in my email but it happens. I think Morrissey and perhaps some fans are so used to hearing praise for years, all the positive and supportive things on this site go in ear and out the other and those few critical or abusive comments on the page means the whole site is a cess pool that no one should get near.

I haven't really changed any policy in years and all of a sudden Morrissey begins attacking the site, most likely because of criticism of the recent material and band. Morrissey tells everyone to f*** the site and bans me from the shows. Hostility is increased and now people are suddenly website experts and coming on telling me how I should run the site.

You tell 'em, babe! Cock of the walk! You put your pants on one leg at a time...
Walken-Cowbell.jpg

I've been visiting this site multiple times a day for over a decade. I mostly lurk (only 52 posts in 13+ years!), but feel the need to add my voice in defense of DavidT: I can't imagine life without this site. From a purely practical stand point, having to rely on other Morrissey sites means I would have missed shows, missed some releases, and missed out on some ebay finds. I do find there to be a lot of annoying posts, but they certainly don't get in the way of me getting what I want/need out of the site (info. on upcoming releases, etc.)... not to mention: I (we) get this all FOR FREE. So, that's all.... Thanks to David for the work. (Also, thanks to Uncleskinny... he seems like a top notch guy and his posts are always polite and reasonable.)

This site did not make me a fan and obviously without the material of the great artist himself it wouldn't matter how good this site was (maybe there is a fantastically updated Justin Bieber site out there, who knows)

Nevertheless Morrissey-Solo has been an integral part of my being a Morrissey fan over the the last 10 years, I feel personally grateful to davidt for providing this service as I think anyone should who has relied on it for so long. And he clearly doesn't have an agenda to bash Morrissey. Best Morrissey site.

Sites with TOS including 'don't say nasty things about Morrissey' are beyond pathetic and are for children who can't handle criticism of something they adore. Like Morrissey himself...

Last edited:
Thanks to you David for all the fun/news etc on this forum. Don't let the bastards grind you down.

(as I've said for many a year,Morrissey the 23rd is a dick)

I've been visiting this site multiple times a day for over a decade. I mostly lurk (only 52 posts in 13+ years!), but feel the need to add my voice in defense of DavidT: I can't imagine life without this site. From a purely practical stand point, having to rely on other Morrissey sites means I would have missed shows, missed some releases, and missed out on some ebay finds. I do find there to be a lot of annoying posts, but they certainly don't get in the way of me getting what I want/need out of the site (info. on upcoming releases, etc.)... not to mention: I (we) get this all FOR FREE. So, that's all.... Thanks to David for the work. (Also, thanks to Uncleskinny... he seems like a top notch guy and his posts are always polite and reasonable.)

I could have written this exact post. I come here all the time and post occasionally. I think a lot of people are probably the same as RobLand and I. If you focus on the small group of people who say crazy and negative things, then this site could seem worthless. I just choose to read the important info that helps me out and don't take everyone's opinions so seriously. I really don't have time to worry about people who I don't even know in real life being banned, etc. I do like to read people's opinions, even if critical of Morrissey, but come here mostly to learn about Morrissey news, collector's info, etc.

No one doubts your comitment or your achievement - If i didn't love lots of things about this site i would have just disappeared. As for Morrissey suddenly turning on you, its been coming along time. You have been "so-low" for years now. As i mentioned the April fools joke probably didn't go down well - it wasn't a very nice or funny thing to do and then you didn't merge the many negative threads about the new songs and allowed the trolling of the band, of Juila and of Morrissey himself - to the casual viewer of this site it appears not a single morrissey fan likes any of the new songs - not true - but we don't want to post you see, not in amongst all the abuse it just generates more hate

The thing is david if you want to maintain the "free flow of conversation" then you must remove repetitive abuse - otherwise you end up with the mire that we now have

You can't like how negative the site is now and you can't believe the negativity reflects of the mood of the fanbase - it doesn't - there must be something wrong?

I have spoken to you before about this kind of thing - long before the recent problems, but it seems to be getting worse - i am not reacting to Morrissey's t-shirt more to the tone of the forum

Can i also suggest you get a spam filter or will that disrupt the "flow" of your inbox?

The thing is david if you want to maintain the "free flow of conversation" then you must remove repetitive abuse - otherwise you end up with the mire that we now have

You can't like how negative the site is now and you can't believe the negativity reflects of the mood of the fanbase - it doesn't - there must be something wrong?

I have spoken to you before about this kind of thing - long before the recent problems, but it seems to be getting worse - i am not reacting to Morrissey's t-shirt more to the tone of the forum

Can i also suggest you get a spam filter or will that disrupt the "flow" of your inbox?

Of course I have a spam filter - does yours work 100% of the time? I doubt it. That's similar to the site, there are filters in place already and as I have mentioned before, there is much room for improvement and it's a work in progress.

Speaking as though Morrissey's standards are the ones being aspired to and supported on here takes some gall. Isn't it par for the course that some savvy inspection of a website whose mission it is to sustain an exhaustive 24/7 360-degree performance appraisal of one man's career would follow? The exhibition of shameless two-facedness is clearly both irksome and fascinating to him and many onlookers for a long time now.

"When we rationalize, we are distorting the facts to make the event or our own impulses less threatening; that is, diluting the anxiety to a manageable level. We often come to believe our own distortions, or excuses, or even lies." - http://people.emich.edu/pclark/freud/index.html

Who is in a position to judge the disturbance caused by the continuation of this site as it has been and is; the disturber or the disturbed? Being the channel for a free flow of conversation that openly allows defamatory and mischievous innuendos and allegations of all kinds does normally earn and, most people would agree, deserve some censure especially from those affected. Even legally in harrassment cases, if pursuit is kept up after a warning, it's considered that a line has been crossed. Most people would get the message after being dismissed from where operations take place. The song, All You Need Is Me, has its muse close by, just asking for it.

The ultimate revelation of serious self-delusion, however, is made in this statement: "I think Morrissey and perhaps some fans are so used to hearing praise for years, all the positive and supportive things on this site..."!! Especially when recalling the leeringly-hostile statement on April Fool's Day entitled 'Morrissey-solo is Now MorrisseyLoversUnited' which conceded, "the past site's reputation of negativity". Cockiness can make people careless. To try to boost the surprising minority of positive voices was why I stuck around posting on the site longer than I'd intended 7 years ago. Now that the world has a better idea of the primarily antagonistic agenda it can be taken or left for what it is.

The ultimate revelation of serious self-delusion, however, is made in this statement: "I think Morrissey and perhaps some fans are so used to hearing praise for years, all the positive and supportive things on this site..."!! Especially when recalling the leeringly-hostile statement on April Fool's Day entitled 'Morrissey-solo is Now MorrisseyLoversUnited' which conceded, "the past site's reputation of negativity". Cockiness can make people careless. To try to boost the surprising minority of positive voices was why I stuck around posting on the site longer than I'd intended 7 years ago. Now that the world has a better idea of the primarily antagonistic agenda it can be taken or left for what it is.

The site has a reputation of negativity but I still hold that it is not all negative, the majority is actually positive. Still, the negative things are what people like to focus on.

It's a reflection of the artist - look at Morrissey's statements, most are negative. The only positive ones I can think of are his posts on Young The Giant and Doll And The Kicks.

do you agree with the following statement?

Speaking as though Morrissey's standards are the ones being aspired to and supported on here takes some gall. Isn't it par for the course that some savvy inspection of a website whose mission it is to sustain an exhaustive 24/7 360-degree performance appraisal of one man's career would follow? The exhibition of shameless two-facedness is clearly both irksome and fascinating to him and many onlookers for a long time now.

"When we rationalize, we are distorting the facts to make the event or our own impulses less threatening; that is, diluting the anxiety to a manageable level. We often come to believe our own distortions, or excuses, or even lies." - http://people.emich.edu/pclark/freud/index.html

Who is in a position to judge the disturbance caused by the continuation of this site as it has been and is; the disturber or the disturbed? Being the channel for a free flow of conversation that openly allows defamatory and mischievous innuendos and allegations of all kinds does normally earn and, most people would agree, deserve some censure especially from those affected. Even legally in harrassment cases, if pursuit is kept up after a warning, it's considered that a line has been crossed. Most people would get the message after being dismissed from where operations take place. The song, All You Need Is Me, has its muse close by, just asking for it.

The site has a reputation of negativity but I still hold that it is not all negative, the majority is actually positive. Still, the negative things are what people like to focus on.

It's a reflection of the artist - look at Morrissey's statements, most are negative. The only positive ones I can think of are his posts on Young The Giant and Doll And The Kicks.

We had a poll in 2006 :p

Can I ask you something, with no hidden agenda. Would you still call yourself a Morrissey fan? Do you still listen to Moz? Can you separate the man from the music?

Of course I have a spam filter - does yours work 100% of the time? I doubt it. That's similar to the site, there are filters in place already and as I have mentioned before, there is much room for improvement and it's a work in progress.

i wish i had any faith in you left, but i don't, stunts like your Aprils fools "joke" tell a different story, you have the tools in place you, just don't use them because you choose not to, you defend abuse, accusations and lies as "flow"

You seriously don't think the site has become more negative lately? - honestly? you must think that we are having a collective delusion?

You seriously don't think the site has become more negative lately? - honestly? you must think that we are having a collective delusion?

Yeah, because that doesn't correlate with the decline of his musical output at all...

i wish i had any faith in you left, but i don't, stunts like your Aprils fools "joke" tell a different story, you have the tools in place you, just don't use them because you choose not to, you defend abuse, accusations and lies as "flow"

David is spending more hours to combat the persistent trolls in mainpage recently.

Actually only few people are causing troubles than you imagine.

Last edited:
Can I ask you something, with no hidden agenda. Would you still call yourself a Morrissey fan? Do you still listen to Moz? Can you separate the man from the music?

As if your agenda isn't screamingly obvious.

No matter the answer, you still re-write it and spin it so that you can say he hates Morrissey. And his music. And his little dog too.

David is spending more hours to combat the persistent trolls in mainpage recently.

Actually only few people are causing troubles.

and the forum? also explain the April fools joke? surely that kind of "joke" only encourages persistent trolling - did you think it was funny kewpie?

and the forum? also explain the April fools joke? surely that kind of "joke" only encourages persistent trolling - did you think it was funny kewpie?

1) Jesus, get a sense of humor.

2) There was barely any "trolling" on this site until the Janice Long sessions...which was long after April 1st.

3) You don't think your constant whining about the "trolling" for page after page, thread after thread isn't encouraging?

April Fools' joke was really hilarious, pity you didn't like it.

Forums are leniently moderated, still all the moderators are very vigilant to spot troublemakers.

Back
Top Bottom