The history of the relationship between Morrissey and 'Morrissey-Solo'

Arguments about the rights and wrongs of whatever has happened in the past are now less important than both parties finding individual strategies which minimise upset/irritation in the future. I am and remain a huge morrissey fan. But by wearing the t shirts and having David ejected, I fear Mozza is damaging his reputation, irrespective of any perceived/real slights or wrongs which have been committed on this website.

Prince found to his cost that trying to control an independent website only leads to PR disaster.

Morrissey is better than this - I wish he was better advised. He should try and ignore and rise above the site if he doesn't like it or David.

Quite right. Thankyou for talking sense.

I don't for one minute think Morrissey hates his fans or anything bizarre like that, Just look at when Mel Torment passed and how heartfelt Morrissey's words were towards her, he obviously realised she was a real fan despite being a member on here and he treated the situation with a lot of sensitivity and tact. It's just a shame that a too many bad apples have ruined a good bunch on here. I think there have been a lot of factors for why so much has happened over the past month and it's just escalated from there, it can't be ALL Morrissey's fault.

This too. I think a lot of people are responding to this incident on a very personal level and misconstruing Morrissey's actions as being a slight against his whole fanbase. That's understandable in some ways, but I think it's causing them to overreact somewhat and maybe misunderstand the motivations behind it. Of course I can't speak for Morrissey or say for certain what his motivations were, just my personal perspective on the situation.

Last edited:
When I heard about what happened to DavidT, it reminded me of a bootleg I have, from one of the 1999-2002 tours, where Moz said something like the following: "David's here, Julia's here, the gang's all here." It saddened me to think that he has been pushed out of Morrissey's inner circle for (really) no discernible reason. Perhaps it will be better for him to live outside that circle if the price of staying in it is flattery and simpering. Everybody who knows anything about the man knows that this site is the best source of information and discussion about Morrissey anywhere. Without it, Moz's fanbase would be rudderless. I commend DavidT for staying strogn.

When I heard about what happened to DavidT, it reminded me of a bootleg I have, from one of the 1999-2002 tours, where Moz said something like the following: "David's here, Julia's here, the gang's all here." It saddened me to think that he has been pushed out of Morrissey's inner circle for (really) no discernible reason. Perhaps it will be better for him to live outside that circle if the price of staying in it is flattery and simpering. Everybody who knows anything about the man knows that this site is the best source of information and discussion about Morrissey anywhere. Without it, Moz's fanbase would be rudderless. I commend DavidT for staying strogn.

Do you remember what boot that is?

Quite right. Thankyou for talking sense.

This too. I think a lot of people are responding to this incident on a very personal level and misconstruing Morrissey's actions as being a slight against his whole fanbase. That's understandable in some ways, but I think it's causing them to overreact somewhat and maybe misunderstand the motivations behind it. Of course I can't speak for Morrissey or say for certain what his motivations were, just my personal perspective on the situation.

I don't see Morrissey's actions as a "slight against his entire fan base," yet I advocate boycotting his concerts until he lifts this childish and absurd ban.

Just to be clear, here are the reasons for the ban:
"The singer recently took to the stage with a "f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM" T-shirt, while his spokesman declared war this week: "Mr Tseng, via his poisonous website, has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Tseng told the Guardian he was shocked: "I've never intended to cause distress to Morrissey or his band. I post little commentary on the site, preferring to leave the discussion to site users – he seems to blame me for his fans' opinions. I don't agree with every post on there but I believe in free speech – I don't like to censor, which is something he is supposedly against."

The amazingly strange observation I've made over the years is how detached David is from the goings on within the site. He doesn't weigh in on many threads, or subjects, he simply chronicles the going ons and let's others debate the topics. The idea David should be banned because of the constant anti-Jesse drumbeat, or because people like me find his most recent offerings severly lacking in lyrical depth is absurd.

Morrissey has been more than happy to accept my money, buying countless compilations, Best Ofs, Greatest Hits, but heavens if an ill word is spoken than the website must come down?

Vauxhall95....Nobody forced you to buy the records, you did so cos they are quality...I have supported Man Utd since 1973, I hate a lot of what they stand for now but can't stop supporting them, it's in my blood. Surely it's the same with Mozza.......

Shouldn't people get rid of this David T guy then....in comparison I'm sure a talentless man trying to make a name for himself on the back of genius...Another David Van Day I reckon.

No, he is a Morrissey fan who started a Morrissey fan website 15 years ago and continues to run it. What is so hard to understand about that?

I don't see Morrissey's actions as a "slight against his entire fan base," yet I advocate boycotting his concerts until he lifts this childish and absurd ban.

Just to be clear, here are the reasons for the ban:
"The singer recently took to the stage with a "f*** MORRISSEY-SOLO.COM" T-shirt, while his spokesman declared war this week: "Mr Tseng, via his poisonous website, has caused so much intentional distress to Morrissey and Morrissey's band over the years that Mr Tseng is not welcome at any Morrissey shows."

Tseng told the Guardian he was shocked: "I've never intended to cause distress to Morrissey or his band. I post little commentary on the site, preferring to leave the discussion to site users – he seems to blame me for his fans' opinions. I don't agree with every post on there but I believe in free speech – I don't like to censor, which is something he is supposedly against."

The amazingly strange observation I've made over the years is how detached David is from the goings on within the site. He doesn't weigh in on many threads, or subjects, he simply chronicles the going ons and let's others debate the topics. The idea David should be banned because of the constant anti-Jesse drumbeat, or because people like me find his most recent offerings severly lacking in lyrical depth is absurd.

Morrissey has been more than happy to accept my money, buying countless compilations, Best Ofs, Greatest Hits, but heavens if an ill word is spoken than the website must come down?

Just because you bought albums and don't like Morrissey anymore, why should you be allowed to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it on a website dedicated to him? You won't go away, no, you're taking advantage of David's inability to manage the website and trying to ruin Morrissey's name for potential new fans. What right do you have? Free speech comes with responsibilities that you do not seem to have. You're posting on a forum, running your mouth over and over. If you were in public saying this around a bunch of Morrissey fans, we'd tell you to SHUT THE f*** UP. If you persisted, you'd probably get punched in the face. THAT, would stop you from running your mouth, but you KNOW that can't happen to you here, so you go on and on and on about it. THIS, is why Morrissey hates this site. It's biased. The loudmouths like you reign supreme and the quiet, shy fans are bombarded with the likes of your idiocy. This is why David got banned and this is why others will get banned. I don't care if you bought each of his releases 30 times over, you don't have the right to just go on and on with your hate. Maybe you can here, but I'd like to see you try in public. You won't because you're a coward. Do you see now? If this is a hate site, which it is, then say so, stop allowing Morrissey fans to come here while people like you try to convince them what a bastard Morrissey might be.

What is difficult to understand Comtesse is why so much time is spent talking about David T....It's Madness, the site has totally lost direction. The site is supposed to be a tribute to Morrissey not this David T bloke.

Just because you bought albums and don't like Morrissey anymore, why should you be allowed to go on and on and on and on and on and on and on about it on a website dedicated to him? You won't go away, no, you're taking advantage of David's inability to manage the website and trying to ruin Morrissey's name for potential new fans. What right do you have? Free speech comes with responsibilities that you do not seem to have. You're posting on a forum, running your mouth over and over. If you were in public saying this around a bunch of Morrissey fans, we'd tell you to SHUT THE f*** UP. If you persisted, you'd probably get punched in the face. THAT, would stop you from running your mouth, but you KNOW that can't happen to you here, so you go on and on and on about it. THIS, is why Morrissey hates this site. It's biased. The loudmouths like you reign supreme and the quiet, shy fans are bombarded with the likes of your idiocy. This is why David got banned and this is why others will get banned. I don't care if you bought each of his releases 30 times over, you don't have the right to just go on and on with your hate. Maybe you can here, but I'd like to see you try in public. You won't because you're a coward. Do you see now? If this is a hate site, which it is, then say so, stop allowing Morrissey fans to come here while people like you try to convince them what a bastard Morrissey might be.

You're unhinged. Why do you think your opinion matters more than anyone else's? The wonderful thing about free speech is that, so long as you do not defame or harm or threaten anyone, you can go on and on and on about whatever you want. After all, you've said some AWFUL things since you joined, yet you haven't been banned, have you?*

And if I think Morrissey is a bastard, it's based on HIS actions (specifically his RECENT actions), not because someone else told me he was. You really are not aware of how the world works, are you? Not everyone is a lemming. If Morrissey wants to change people's opinion of him, then HE has to change his actions, not everyone change their response to them. He (just like every other public figure) has ALWAYS been in control of how people see and think of him. If he can't be bothered to police himself, then he gets to face public scrutiny wherever it may arise.

* Oops...spoke too soon. He's been banned. I must say I am shocked! *insert fake sense of shock here*

Last edited:
You're unhinged. Why do you think your opinion matters more than anyone else's? The wonderful thing about free speech is that, so long as you do not defame or harm or threaten anyone, you can go on and on and on about whatever you want. After all, you've said some AWFUL things since you joined, yet you haven't been banned, have you?*

And if I think Morrissey is a bastard, it's based on HIS actions (specifically his RECENT actions), not because someone else told me he was. You really are not aware of how the world works, are you? Not everyone is a lemming. If Morrissey wants to change people's opinion of him, then HE has to change his actions, not everyone change their response to them. He (just like every other public figure) has ALWAYS been in control of how people see and think of him. If he can't be bothered to police himself, then he gets to face public scrutiny wherever it may arise.

* Oops...spoke too soon. He's been banned. I must say I am shocked! *insert fake sense of shock here*

yes, he was just banned after it was discovered by IP address matching that he was a previously banned member who harassed members in chat and on the site.

It's not a big surprise when a new user that attacks the site/admins is a disgruntled previously banned user.

yes, he was just banned after it was discovered by IP address matching that he was a previously banned member who harassed members in chat and on the site.

It's not a big surprise when a new user that attacks the site/admins is a disgruntled previously banned user.

And just so everyone doesn't think this is unusual, this pattern is VERY common on ALL message boards and Internet forums. Disgruntled trolls always return. ALWAYS.

David, I am fairly new and I like the site; I lurked for about a month or two before joining. I enjoyed it MORE before Morrissey's odd behavior, but I think you've done good work trying to maintain order. Most people don't realize that this sort of thing has a ton of pitfalls, and I can only imagine what it must be like having this sort of site devoted to discussion of such a controversy-inspiring celebrity.

And just so everyone doesn't think this is unusual, this pattern is VERY common on ALL message boards and Internet forums. Disgruntled trolls always return. ALWAYS.

David, I am fairly new and I like the site; I lurked for about a month or two before joining. I enjoyed it MORE before Morrissey's odd behavior, but I think you've done good work trying to maintain order. Most people don't realize that this sort of thing has a ton of pitfalls, and I can only imagine what it must be like having this sort of site devoted to discussion of such a controversy-inspiring celebrity.

Thanks Myth for that sensibility. Since Morrissey's 'F*** Morrissey-solo' shirt and ban the hostility has risen and now it's 'f*** this, f*** that' all day long. Morrissey can inspire in both positive and negative ways. Are these actions solutions or part of the problem?

Thanks Myth for that sensibility. Since Morrissey's 'F*** Morrissey-solo' shirt and ban the hostility has risen and now it's 'f*** this, f*** that' all day long. Morrissey can inspire in both positive and negative ways. Are these actions solutions or part of the problem?

If people track some of my statements here, you'll see I find the fascistic nature of some of these commenters to be seriously troubling.

So many of them cannot distinguish between free and open discussion and out right censorship. It' as if any critical engagement about Morrissey and his music is somehow an attack on the man himself, like a blow to the face or something. I have seen rhetoric like "purify the fanbase" and such and it really scares me. And it ticks me off.

Is this what Morrissey wanted? Does he even care? Is he truly this petty?

It's just all so disappointing.

It's so easy to call someone a troll who doesn't agree with you, though. I thought the post above about you getting punched in the face if you carried on like that in public was wholly accurate. Why keep going on about hating Morrissey on a Morrissey site? It's either idiotic or masochistic.

It's so easy to call someone a troll who doesn't agree with you, though. I thought the post above about you getting punched in the face if you carried on like that in public was wholly accurate. Why keep going on about hating Morrissey on a Morrissey site? It's either idiotic or masochistic.

You can't read every well, can you? Or, rather, you just interpret what you want to to fit your agenda? Facts are playthings for hateful people like you, aren't they.

Oh, and loving the picture of Nancy from The Craft as your avatar. So appropriate. Didn't she end up in an asylum?

Bored now.

Last edited:
You can't read every well, can you? Or, rather, you just interpret what you want to to fit your agenda? Facts are playthings for hateful people like you, aren't they.

Oh, and loving the picture of Nancy from The Craft as your avatar. So appropriate. Didn't she end up in an asylum?

Bored now.

That's not who it is.
Name one hateful thing I've said. You are the ones hatemongering against Moz. You've got 49 posts and they are all whining.

Back
Top Bottom