"The Hand That Rocks The Cradle" original, full length (Decibelle Studios) posted on YouTube

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik, Dec 31, 2018.

By Erik on Dec 31, 2018 at 11:40 PM
  1. Erik

Erik #23

Description:

The original Decibelle recording. Brings back so many memories. Thanks to Philipe Delcloque, one of the many unsung heroes of the late 70's, early 80's Manchester music scene.

UPDATE Jan. 1:

Additional clips added (Domu Kafe channel):

UPDATE Jan. 3:

Link posted by Famous when dead:

Listen to The Smiths’ earliest studio demo from 1982 — including isolated guitar, vocals - Slicing Up Eyeballs

Related item:

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 3, 2019
    • Like Like x 11
    • Informative Informative x 2

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Erik, Dec 31, 2018.

1. SuedeMoz
      SuedeMoz
      You're right, it definitely does. Good call.
    2. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      Undoubtedly it is similar,’ confirms Marr, ‘because that’s how I play piano, I can’t play it any other way. That was another one worked out on the upright I inherited when I moved into the house in Bowdon, the same piano I wrote “Oscillate Wildly” on. It had a pleasingly eerie quality about it. You could only play certain things on it. Weird, doomy music, which suited us fine.’"

:rolleyes:

How very dramatic.:drama:
      The Dramatic One,they call him.:anguished:
    3. Anonymous
      Anonymous
      He didnt inherit the piano, it belonged in Shelly's house where he rented a bedroom, he was friends with her son.
    4. Mayfly
      Mayfly
      The piano pat at the end adds another layer of sadness, desolation and gloom to the lyrical content of the song. Not sure that the song needed that.
      Anyway, I am glad that the idea was saved to resurface later as one of the darkest Smiths songs.
    5. egosheep
      egosheep
      It's actually what would become the piano part from Meat is Murder. Listen closely.
    6. vegan cro spirit 222
      vegan cro spirit 222
      Another monumental DramaJ fib.:straightface:

probably chopped it up for firewood before he left.:rock:
    7. Devoted101
      Devoted101
      I will take your word for it.. if i ever revisit the book i will either quote the passage of which i was thinking or just realize i am not remembering it clearly - which i fully admit is possible maybe even probable.

that said, i dare say that he seems to have sided more with moz re: the court case, specifically the contract.
    8. Devoted101
      Devoted101
      i am so glad you posted this, i knew i remembered something along those lines ... this must have been it.. thanks
    9. Devoted101
      Devoted101
      i read the posted "spoiler" and it sounds like that i was basically remembering correctly.. unless again i misunderstood something
    10. Famous when dead
      Famous when dead
      Dale has posted some individual guitar, drum and bass parts in the last few hours:

MP3s now available in the download section (he's already deleted a couple of earlier YT vids).
      Regards,
      FWD.
      • Like Like x 1