The Guardian:Why are we talking about Morrissey and Buffy? Because cultural nostalgia is now king by Zoe Williams

• Thread starter Deleted member 29235
  • Start date
Last edited by a moderator:
Oh god, it's Zoe Williams. One of those London media bubble people who went to a posh girls' school then to Oxford and has somehow eked out a career in journalism without ever really having anything interesting or useful to say. And almost all of her articles are 3 paragraphs long. So weird!

Oh god, it's Zoe Williams. One of those London media bubble people who went to a posh girls' school then to Oxford and has somehow eked out a career in journalism without ever really having anything interesting or useful to say. And almost all of her articles are 3 paragraphs long. So weird!
That's about the long and short of it. She's never been my favourite Guardian journalist and drivel like the one above reminds me why.

Quite possibly the most pointless article, and post, I've ever read. Thanks.
Indeed. What was the point of those paragraphs? It's mind-boggling that such a non-article was even published.

Wow I had to read the article based on the comments.

I'm assuming this is some sort of scheme run by the Guardian to help the hopelessly bored and talentless to find an outlet? Her words are like the ramblings of a 2000s era Karl Pilkington on adderall. No point, no purpose, just...there.

"Our lack of new culture"?? There's plenty "culture" out there. Does it have to be new? What a shame the journo's have nothing to write shite about The country's been in lockdown for two weeks not two decades. This was about as pointless as the "Morrissey fan removes tattoo" pish.
C'mon Skinny let's be having" you!!

Saw the headline a couple of days ago, didn't bother clicking.

At least I've remembered it's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I was trying to think of a singer called Buffy. ?

Edit: according to Google it was yesterday! Time goes so slowly in lockdown.

Last edited by a moderator:
"Our lack of new culture"?? There's plenty "culture" out there. Does it have to be new? What a shame the journo's have nothing to write shite about The country's been in lockdown for two weeks not two decades. This was about as pointless as the "Morrissey fan removes tattoo" pish.
C'mon Skinny let's be having" you!!

I think she means, a lack of new culture that interests her.

I think it's Buffy the Vampire slayer.

I wish everyone was talking about Buffy Sainte Marie.

Why because Morrissey likes her?

Actually Buffy saint Marie is good. Its stupid they put Morrissey there . I mean, it would have been more apt to put Bob Dylan and his 17 minute song about 1960s.They love to hate moz at the guardian

02DC1103-7E76-4814-988D-94BE80993F65.gif

Buffy the Vampire Slayer is the best show ever.

EVER!!!

Why because Morrissey likes her?

Actually Buffy saint Marie is good. Its stupid they put Morrissey there . I mean, it would have been more apt to put Bob Dylan and his 17 minute song about 1960s.They love to hate moz at the guardian

I like Buffy Sainte Marie!

They do love to hate him.

Saw the headline a couple of days ago, didn't bother clicking.

At least I've remembered it's Buffy the Vampire Slayer, I was trying to think of a singer called Buffy. ?

Edit: according to Google it was yesterday! Time goes so slowly in lockdown.
I seen buffy and was reminded of duffy,her and adelle came out at the exact same time,always thought she had the better voice.warick avenue is a great song.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom