Morrissey Central "THE GRAVE MAURICE" (July 14, 2022)

THE GRAVE MAURICE

Unknown-2_ig0mns.jpg
R-473861-1118841849_lpufbn.jpg
s-l500_gaaiek.jpg

Regards,
FWD.

Does anyone have the under the influence album, by any chance? I borrowed it from the library years ago and, if I remember correctly, it was not possible to rip the music to my pc.
Won't make a thread for it after all.
I believe this is ripped from the promo which didn't have the garbage copy protection DMC put on general copies - which rendered them unplayable on PCs. Which is why your library copy didn't rip. Thankfully, they ditched the nonsense after being moaned at.

@320 ~100mb
Regards,
FWD.

He's saying the Muslim rodents that have ruined England don't drink. They're too busy throwing acid in people's faces and beheading homosexuals.

Such a ridiculous, baiting comment to make.

There are neighbourhoods all over England where the population has become predominantly Muslim & Muslim’s don’t drink alcohol. Therefore pubs in those areas have closed down.

To mention or hint at this fact isn’t racist - as you seem to be insinuating - it’s just an observation that is evidently true to anybody with eyes who has seen such places.

Those are not tents, they're the rear side of some market stalls, you melt.

As for you, Hofmann - you really should know better by now.

What are you on about? If you know the area, you'll recognize it's mainly an immigrant and predominantly Asian area now.

That ‘Sunny’ single I bought as an import years and years ago. It’s one of my favorite sleeves, from the font to the color scheme (especially the blue in his shirt)…it’s in pristine condition. While I opened it, I never played it.

The ‘Boxers’ single was also one of my favorites…this thread brings back many a many memories.

If my memory serves my right, I think I had a large poster that was probably a pic from the ‘Boxers’ single photo shoot with some tour dates, but alas, that has been lost to time, unfortunately. Can you help, FWD?…

Go Moz.

What are you on about? If you know the area, you'll recognize it's mainly an immigrant and predominantly Asian area now.
What I'm on about is that you're still willing to go along with far-right bullshit insinuations ("look there's tents on the street, it must be immigrants turning it into a shanty town!") when you know full well they are market stalls.

You also know full well that Whitechapel has had a high level of immigrant residents since the 1950s. The multicultural makeup of that area is not a new thing.

And 'traditional' pubs have been dying out for years because no-one under 50 goes in them. Craft beers and cider bars are all the rage now, grandad. Try telling their owners that muslim immigrants have killed the alcohol trade.

Stop it. Just stop it. Every time you do this you end up looking a fool. Spare yourself man.

Won't make a thread for it after all.
I believe this is ripped from the promo which didn't have the garbage copy protection DMC put on general copies - which rendered them unplayable on PCs. Which is why your library copy didn't rip. Thankfully, they ditched the nonsense after being moaned at.

@320 ~100mb
Regards,
FWD.
Thank you kindly. Have a lovely day

There are neighbourhoods all over England where the population has become predominantly Muslim & Muslim’s don’t drink alcohol. Therefore pubs in those areas have closed down.
Bit of a leap that is. For a start you seem to be assuming all non-Muslims drink alcohol, and you're also stating that all Muslims are teetotal. Not in my experience. I know several Muslims who drink alcohol, albeit often on the downlow. You know - the way people such as Tommy Robinson call themselves Christian but never actually go to church? Yeah, that kind of harmless religious hypocrisy that you're probably fine with unless it's a Muslim doing it.

Plus the area where my parents live is still white as anything (literally walk around the local Tesco and you will not see one single POC). All four local pubs we used to drink in as teenagers shut down years ago. So where does that leave your theory?

That ‘Sunny’ single I bought as an import years and years ago. It’s one of my favorite sleeves, from the font to the color scheme (especially the blue in his shirt)…it’s in pristine condition. While I opened it, I never played it.

The ‘Boxers’ single was also one of my favorites…this thread brings back many a many memories.

If my memory serves my right, I think I had a large poster that was probably a pic from the ‘Boxers’ single photo shoot with some tour dates, but alas, that has been lost to time, unfortunately. Can you help, FWD?…

Go Moz.
I have the same poster upstairs somewhere. Good times 🍷🥰

Was there a few months ago , bit of a shithole now to be honest, slowly the UK falls into decline, such a shame

Bit of a leap that is. For a start you seem to be assuming all non-Muslims drink alcohol, and you're also stating that all Muslims are teetotal. Not in my experience. I know several Muslims who drink alcohol, albeit often on the downlow. You know - the way people such as Tommy Robinson call themselves Christian but never actually go to church? Yeah, that kind of harmless religious hypocrisy that you're probably fine with unless it's a Muslim doing it.

Plus the area where my parents live is still white as anything (literally walk around the local Tesco and you will not see one single POC). All four local pubs we used to drink in as teenagers shut down years ago. So where does that leave your theory?

I live in Birmingham, which has many predominantly Asian neighbourhoods which I know well. There are no pubs in those neighbourhoods.

There are other neighbourhoods that are still predominantly white & they are full of pubs.

It’s pretty simple.

Yes, I know plenty of Muslims who drink, but most of them rarely do it openly in pubs where they might be seen.

I didn’t say that all white people drink alcohol but a large majority do, whilst a very large majority of Muslims do not.

Yes, there are pubs that close down - for a variety of reasons - but only in the Asian neighbourhoods do ALL of them close down.

This isn’t ‘my’ theory. It’s just basic logic. Why would you need a pub in a neighbourhood where almost nobody drinks alcohol?

And the fact that you’re trying to bring Tommy Robinson into this discussion & suggesting that I’m fine with religious hypocrisy as long as it’s aimed at Muslims & not Christian’s is just you attempting to paint me as what? What have I said to make you leap to such a conclusion?

You know nothing about me but clearly want to make me out to be a far right racist, or something. Why is that? Because I said that most Muslims don’t drink & therefore pubs in Muslim neighbourhoods tend to not exist any more?

You accuse me of making assumptions? Look at how many things you’ve assumed about me based on one brief comment I made.

Last edited:

I bought the 'Sunny' single on CD, from Tower Records, in Piccadilly Circus. From there me and my friend went up to the Grave Maurice, for something to eat. I showed the CD to the manager, he had no idea his pub was used for the cover. He played all three tracks on the CD, which blasted out across the pub, several times!! First time me hearing the B sides. He had no idea who Morrissey was, and because I had a quiff at the time he thought it was me. Ha ha. He asked me to sign it and if he could keep it. Of course I declined. When our 'Veggie' burgers turned up, they were meat!! 🙄 when we told him we didn't eat meat, he took one of the burgers and stuffed it in his mouth!! Telling us, 'There's nothing wrong with it' as we sat and waited for our Veggie burgers to arrive, 'Swallow on my neck' was blasting out across the pub! Nice memories 😁

Love how some Morrissey fans are trying to call out the right wing racists. You are fire fighting guys and haven't a chance. This is where Morrissey's fan base is at. I wonder why.

What I'm on about is that you're still willing to go along with far-right bullshit insinuations ("look there's tents on the street, it must be immigrants turning it into a shanty town!") when you know full well they are market stalls.

You also know full well that Whitechapel has had a high level of immigrant residents since the 1950s. The multicultural makeup of that area is not a new thing.

And 'traditional' pubs have been dying out for years because no-one under 50 goes in them. Craft beers and cider bars are all the rage now, grandad. Try telling their owners that muslim immigrants have killed the alcohol trade.

Stop it. Just stop it. Every time you do this you end up looking a fool. Spare yourself man.

Muslims don't f******* drink knobhead. One of my best mates at East London Uni was Muslim......they don't drink. You could never get him into a pub other than the campus bar. And yes, pubs have been dying out, due to the smoking ban and the cost of drink but if the local population of men don't drink...........then you have no punters. It's pretty f****** simple. Even my local pub has been turned into an "Islamic Center"........and I'm on the Essex/Suffolk border. You're in f****** denial.

Muslims don't f******* drink knobhead. One of my best mates at East London Uni was Muslim......they don't drink. You could never get him into a pub other than the campus bar. And yes, pubs have been dying out, due to the smoking ban and the cost of drink but if the local population of men don't drink...........then you have no punters. It's pretty f****** simple. Even my local pub has been turned into an "Islamic Center"........and I'm on the Essex/Suffolk border. You're in f****** denial.
Rattled already? I warned you you'd end up looking a fool again. You've only got yourself to blame.

Correct, Stephen. *Most* Musims don't drink alcohol (but some most definitely do, I've seen it with my own eyes). Does it therefore follow that a 'Muslim invasion' has resulted in all our pubs shutting down? Only if you're desperate to believe that in the first place.

Still, well done admitting to yourself that there are other factors involved such as the smoking ban. Now all you have to do is admit to yourself that those other factors alone completely torpedo your "it's Muslims who are to blame" argument. There may be hope for you yet.

I heard Covid doesn't drink either...even more of a teetotaler than Muslims, I heard.
Bloody covids closing down all our pubs.

Last edited:
Hardly anyone lives in Whitechapel. It's mainly offices. And most of the flats are expensive.

Also it could be in dispute - they keep trying to get the Black Cap reopened & it never is.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom