Morrissey Central "THE GANG’S ALL GONE FROM DARK TO LIGHT LIKE LOST CHILDREN GO BECAUSE WE MUST DO” (December 30, 2022)

Pele-SS-4.jpg

vivienne-westwood-cultura-punk-collater.al-2-818x1024.jpg

Pele, above
Vivienne Westwood, below
RIP

See Condolences thread for other related comments.
FWD.

Everyone is different. I have to say my Ghost Town 12" with Why/Friday Night, Saturday Morning as b-sides is one of my prized records. The emotion and melody of Terry's voice is mesmerising. I played it when I heard of his untimely death and couldn't believe he's gone. The voice of an angel. A smart and funny lyricist too.

Morrissey is more into Saturday Night, Sunday Morning ;)

Well, given it's already been evidenced in this thread, one of Moz's footballing idols was Bobby Moore - England captain, Pele, another iconic figure, was still playing world cup football in that particular era. There's an iconic picture of Bobby Moore, together with Pele, swapping shirts after their match, Mexico World Cup 1970. View attachment 87453

Moz would have been age 11, the World Cup would have been on TV/radio/newspapers throughout the tournament, no-one on Earth would have been immune from any sort of coverage. If you knew the England captain, you would certainly know who Pele was. Your assertion that Moz would have missed all of that, & not have been able to recognise Pele is, frankly, idiotic.
“Moz’s footballing idols”. Moz wouldn’t know a solitary fact about any of his so-called “idols” without recourse to the good of’ internet. He’s never been a football fan,never will be. Nothing wrong with that, but let’s stop with this “he has a picture of Bobby Moore etc” shite. The fact moz has been pictured in several different club colours tells its own salutary tale. He’s no football fan

You are absolutely allowed to question that, yes! And the answer might possibly be that very little of Terry Hall's music ever really touched Morrissey. We don't know. I'm sad that he didn't give a shout-out to Martin Duffy, because I hoped that Morrissey was a secret Felt fanatic. But no such luck.

And re football, your statement of "has never been into football" isn't, I suspect, 100% true. He's certainly aware of it, and has flirted with its world more than once:

https://www.espn.com/blog/music/post/_/id/4086/morrissey-on-music-his-very-athletic-youth
It's still just class and professionalism to give condolences to someone in your industry and to acknowledge their influence in that industry.

It's still just class and professionalism to give condolences to someone in your industry and to acknowledge their influence in that industry.

Maybe, but is pro forma pablum the sort of thing we like Morrissey for? I always enjoyed that he was haughty and impolitic, and wore his dislikes and grudges on his sleeve, especially when it came to other artists. His refusal to post certain condolences on Morrissey Central doesn't make my list of complaints about that site.

It would be nice if someone could make a list of all the deaths Morrissey has ‘officially’ mourned on Central.

I had completely forgotten about the Maradona one for instance. George Michael? Prince?

It would be nice if someone could make a list of all the deaths Morrissey has ‘officially’ mourned on Central.

I had completely forgotten about the Maradona one for instance. George Michael? Prince?
Why?? Just so bitter moaning idiots with nothing better to do can have a whinge about whose death was omitted. And what it shows about Morrissey.

You know they need very little excuse on here to have a go at him.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why?? Just so bitter moaning idiots with nothing better to do can have a whinge about who's death was omitted. And what it shows about Morrissey.

You know they need very little excuse on here to have a go at him.
I'm just sad and ANGRY I will never know if he makes a post about me when I die

Maybe, but is pro forma pablum the sort of thing we like Morrissey for? I always enjoyed that he was haughty and impolitic, and wore his dislikes and grudges on his sleeve, especially when it came to other artists. His refusal to post certain condolences on Morrissey Central doesn't make my list of complaints about that site.
Yeah but sometimes it seems like he's purposely being ignorant because his individualism has been reduced to mere pettiness and that's what annoys me about it. Like, give it up, moz, if that's all you've got. Just don't even bother.

I'm just sad and ANGRY I will never know if he makes a post about me when I die

So you'll have to get him to make a post about you while you live. Film yourself mowing his name into your lawn, take aerial footage of it with a drone, and edit the whole process into a lively little time-lapse video on YouTube. For the soundtrack, some amateur covering a Smiths song on a zither.

Rayner will be sure to share it on Morrissey Central.

Yeah but sometimes it seems like he's purposely being ignorant because his individualism has been reduced to mere pettiness and that's what annoys me about it. Like, give it up, moz, if that's all you've got. Just don't even bother.

It was the Bowie one that seemed pretty mean spirited. I'm aware he's paid tribute to him in his own way since then, but to pay tribute to Pele and not Bowie, who he was once pals with, was just a bit f***in nasty.

So you'll have to get him to make a post about you while you live. Film yourself mowing his name into your lawn, take aerial footage of it with a drone, and edit the whole process into a lively little time-lapse video on YouTube. For the soundtrack, some amateur covering a Smiths song on a zither.

Rayner will be sure to share it on Morrissey Central.
I was just gonna keep moaning about him on here and cross my fingers

It was the Bowie one that seemed pretty mean spirited. I'm aware he's paid tribute to him in his own way since then, but to pay tribute to Pele and not Bowie, who he was once pals with, was just a bit f***in nasty.

According to James Maker Morrissey likes to roll call the dead as a Memento Mori. And according to Morrissey he gets very upset if he thinks a dead star has been overlooked.

If the grief is personal, he's not likely to roll call it in the same way & Bowie wasn't lacking in tributes.

According to James Maker Morrissey likes to roll call the dead as a Memento Mori. And according to Morrissey he gets very upset if he thinks a dead star has been overlooked.

If the grief is personal, he's not likely to roll call it in the same way & Bowie wasn't lacking in tributes.

Cheers, Malarkey. Good explanation. Where did James say this (not that I don't believe you)? Does he have an autobiography?

I was just gonna keep moaning about him on here and cross my fingers

What you actually have to do is:

- Have a child
- Groom the child into worshipping Morrissey
- Take child to Morrissey gigs until they get on stage
- Force the child to make an excruciating video, that will follow him everywhere he goes, and publish said video on YouTube
- Profit

RIP Vivienne.
Stuck up for Assange. Not the weirdo they like to make her out as, Viv. Savvy woman, sharp, unyeilding in her lifelong satire of the establishment. Morrissey must be on the far right, the same people say. But as Steven will tell you, these ersatz clowns don't even really know what the left or right even is. RIP Viv, say hello to Mark E Smith for us darling.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom