Morrissey Central "THE GANG’S ALL GONE FROM DARK TO LIGHT LIKE LOST CHILDREN GO BECAUSE WE MUST DO” (December 30, 2022)

Pele-SS-4.jpg

vivienne-westwood-cultura-punk-collater.al-2-818x1024.jpg

Pele, above
Vivienne Westwood, below
RIP

See Condolences thread for other related comments.
FWD.

So sad. I’m not familiar with the football player, but I’m guessing he’s an icon. Vivienne, of course, I know. So sad. Seems like everyone is leaving 😔

What will John Lydon's take on her death be? He wasn't all that keen on her in life, or was it just with Malcom he had ill will?

"Love is more important than what we can take in life" - Pele'.
What an epic man who was as wonderful to the citizens of his homeland as he was on the pitch.

Live for the soul. Live with passion.

Rest in peace to both and all who we will lose this winter, sadly.
The air this winter is a strange kind of cold.

So sad. I’m not familiar with the football player, but I’m guessing he’s an icon. Vivienne, of course, I know. So sad. Seems like everyone is leaving 😔
He's a man seen as a legend by many, but, like many legends, his story has been embellished and exaggerated over the years, by himself, fans and corporate sponsors. He wasn't quite as legendary as has been made out unfortunately.

one of the first things i learned as a wee boy was peles real name which is Edson Arantes Do Nascimento,probably learned this from a football card,ahh the memories,infact a few days ago i ordered a snake belt.

Old people die. That’s what they do. They are old. Then they die. That’s life.

But don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened!

Oh ffs Steven!!!!!!!!
Time to knock this kinda shit on the head now.

Benny 🇬🇧🔪

And Terry Hall who suffered enough as a child at the hands of filthy scumbag paedophiles.
Terry Hall identified with black culture in real life through attitude and actions. He didn't have to folkloricize black artists/celebrities on his homepage with obituaries and death notices for image reasons, and if he did, I would never have doubted the genuineness of his emotion.
Terry was born the same year as the protagonist of this homepage and by God, probably suffered more in his childhood than others. He was as important to English pop culture as Morrissey. He is not worth an obituary and "emotionally" further away than Pele?

Terry Hall identified with black culture in real life through attitude and actions. He didn't have to folkloricize black artists/celebrities on his homepage with obituaries and death notices for image reasons, and if he did, I would never have doubted the genuineness of his emotion.
Terry was born the same year as the protagonist of this homepage and by God, probably suffered more in his childhood than others. He was as important to English pop culture as Morrissey. He is not worth an obituary and "emotionally" further away than Pele?

Agreed, except for one bit - Terry Hall wasn't as important, he was more important, even if I did prefer the music of The Smiths.

Are you really saying that you think Moz Central has posted this RIP for Pele for ´image reasons´? And that he celebrates artists like James Balwin for similar reasons. That´s absurd.
It seems clear that obit posts on Moz Central relate to people that meant something to Moz. Maybe Terry Hall simply didn´t mean that much to Moz? That´s allowed. His cultural impact or importance isn´t the issue. My guess would be Moz probably thinks Desmond Dekker and The Aces were more important muscially, but who knows?

Are you really saying that you think Moz Central has posted this RIP for Pele for ´image reasons´? And that he celebrates artists like James Balwin for similar reasons. That´s absurd.
It seems clear that obit posts on Moz Central relate to people that meant something to Moz. Maybe Terry Hall simply didn´t mean that much to Moz? That´s allowed. His cultural impact or importance isn´t the issue. My guess would be Moz probably thinks Desmond Dekker and The Aces were more important muscially, but who knows?
Exactly! We are, amazingly allowed to care about different people, for personal reasons.

Out of Pele, Vivienne Westwood and Terry Hall I can happily say that none of them meant anything to me - my loss, I'm sure, but there we are.

How many times did the official Morrissey channels talk about black culture before 2017? Do you really think everything can only be divided into good and evil? I'm not the only one who's noticed the penetration with which Morrissey has been giving obituaries to black artists for the last 5 years or so.
Unlike Morrissey, Pele was unreservedly honored by all people for his ball art and human commitment. Where is the reference to Morrissey 2022 here, so that it would be more obvious than the death of an important British artist of his age, who ALWAYS integrated black culture artistically? A true pioneer of the late 70s in the UK.

Trending Threads

Back
Top Bottom